chris010
    chris010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

King Mo vs Roger Gracie

I'm really looking forward to this fight. Roger has shown a calm methodical approach in his last few fights, working his striking to setup the takedown and progressing through to submitting all his opponents. He probably hasn't fought someone at King Mo's level yet but he doesn't posess a vastly different style to randleman who he cut through like butter.

He's the first BJJ guy that looks like he might have the all-round MMA skills to keep the fight to his strengths by doing enough in the standup to get a takedown. From top position with a guy of this calibre JJ, it's usually all over.

What do you guys think? Even if mo gets him down, i'm not convinced his top control will be good enough to prevent a sweep. Leaving Mo with a punchers chance imo.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I think i will make a small play on gracie on a parlay. I also likes his chances. Prangley isnt the best fighter in the world, but gracie handled him very easily. Do you think Mo would have done it any better? In my opinion, probably not.

Nick The Greek
    Nick The Greek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1125

Mo will look to keep it on the feet, Gracie will look to get it to the floor, let's hope this doesn't play out like Overeem-Werdum.

NickDiaz209
    NickDiaz209's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting matchup...wonder what the odds will be

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6172

King Mo -125
    Roger Gracie +105

5dimes

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I think gracie only need one successful takedown to win this fight. If probets are available as they should . I will play Kingomo KO, gracie sub. I dont think this fight will go the distance. If cold feets. Just gracie - kingKO

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Mo by decision.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I don't think Gracie will get Mo down and if he does I think Mo can get up. He is quick enough to win a second rate striking battle. I like him by decision as well.

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Mo will win

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Mo via Dec is most likely my play on this one.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with everyone that thinks Mo will win this one. Mousasi has a good ground game and he was able to secure takedowns and stay out of serious trouble.

snake11eyes
    snake11eyes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

I'm gonna go with Gracie in this one. I was never that impressed with King mo and I think Gracie will be able to take him down.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladarus View Post
    I agree with everyone that thinks Mo will win this one. Mousasi has a good ground game and he was able to secure takedowns and stay out of serious trouble.

Are you comparing Mousasi's ground game with Roger's?

RealBets
    RealBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

im always pulling for the underdog. I dont like both of these fighters but lets go Gracie!

Jesus Christ
    Jesus Christ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

The difference between Roger's ground game and Gegard's is staggering...Roger is one of the best BJJ players ever...if Gegard and Roger were ever to roll in competition Roger would straight up embarrass him.

As for the fight Mo's only real chance is if Roger doesn't respond to getting hit well since we haven't really seen him get clipped yet...With the combo of Mo's very questionable gas tank and Roger's great trips and a huge size advantage I think once Roger gets a hold of him in the clinch it is game over.

to all those who are gonna make $$$ on the Gracie

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

Quote Originally Posted by Nick The Greek View Post
    Mo will look to keep it on the feet, Gracie will look to get it to the floor, let's hope this doesn't play out like Overeem-Werdum.
    You honestly think there is a chance that Roger will flop to the ground grinning, begging King Mo to hop in his guard? ***** please, Roger has more class than that!

lol comparing Mousasi's BJJ to Roger Gracies. Roger not only beats the best black belts in the world, he submits them!

chris010
    chris010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Yeah i think people are over-estimating King Mo's wrestling. He may have taken mousasi down at will but expect roger to be a lot more dangerous off his back. It's a moot point anyway, i see roger taking mo down early on and submitting him in the 1st or 2nd.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol comparing Mousasi's BJJ to Roger Gracies. Roger not only beats the best black belts in the world, he submits them!
    Exactly. In terms of grappling competition, in both gi and no gi, Roger may be the greatest grappler who has ever lived. In terms of achievements - winning titles at Worlds, Pan-Ams, superfights, competing in big no-gi competitions - Roger and Marcelo Garcia are leagues ahead of the rest. And not only do they win, but they dominate. Gegard Mousasi's ground game is no metric here.

GoldRush7
    GoldRush7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

King mo is overrated...he got exposed in his last fight

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by chris010 View Post
    Yeah i think people are over-estimating King Mo's wrestling. He may have taken mousasi down at will but expect roger to be a lot more dangerous off his back. It's a moot point anyway, i see roger taking mo down early on and submitting him in the 1st or 2nd.

And lets not forget Jardine took Mousasi down rather easily also so that doesnt make Mo's TD's look that great