FightFightFight
    FightFightFight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 168

Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Catfish View Post
    "Its not crazy. Lytle sucks ass. Hes Leonard Garcia with subs, and only 3 kos in 50 fights. Hes been outstruck in each of his last 8 fights, with the exception of Serra."

No this is ridiculous exaggeration
    Touché, but its true. Lytle sucks. Hardy just sucked worse last night.

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Lytle does not suck.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yeah Lytle's ground game is one of best in division (for MMA) and his stand-up was sloppy because he went for power and entertainment value rather than technique.

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Lytle is the ******* man. I don't know how anyone in this world could say he sucks simply b/c he's not a contender at this point in his career and doesn't have big KO power. The dude is a legend and always brings it! His sub game is still so underrated.

Poppa Catfish
    Poppa Catfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 801

and his ability to withstand crazy amounts of punishment

but yeah, other than the stellar ground game, the power, the heart, and the chin .... he sure did suck

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Yeah Lytle's ground game is one of best in division (for MMA) and his stand-up was sloppy because he went for power and entertainment value rather than technique.
    Chris was actually doing some different stuff with his striking last night. He was throwing that left hook way more than I've ever seen in any other previous fight. Dan still drops his right quite a bit and it's was clear Chris was trying to make him pay when he did it.

And his submission work is always a thing of beauty, I wish more people appreciated how slick he is on the mat. I mean, Dan came down in side control. He had position as well as leverage there. But Chris secured the head, kicked him over and finished the choke from the mount. That's really hard to do.

Well it's not like I didn't try to tell people.

omalley21
    omalley21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

^ Tell people what? You picked Hardy by decision. Everyone knew Lytle had a ground game. Thanks for the incredible insight.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

I don't know what the hell Hardy was thinking trying to take him down. I think he started to panic and wanted to try and steal a round.

My biggest beef from last night was the Miller/Henderson fight. Which judge and which round was it that got scored for Miller? Two judges were 30-27 and 30-26, but one judge had it 29-28?

I had plenty of money on Miller but even I didn't buy that for one second.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by omalley21 View Post
    ^ Tell people what? You picked Hardy by decision. Everyone knew Lytle had a ground game. Thanks for the incredible insight.
    First off, I was kidding around when I wrote that. Also, I'm talking about his groundwork, it's something I've been talking about for a while. And no, EVERYONE did not know. Thank's for playin' dipshit.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Finished -0.15u for the event... Who knew mma math would work out with Bendo vs Miller... (the whole Bocek common denominator thing)... wow.

ps. No more drunk parlays... apparently, I don't need a password on my 5dimes account... I need a breathalyzer.

pss. Lytle does not suck and comparing him to Leonard Garcia is crazy.

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

i remember having a comment on the mma math and bendo month ago, thank you. didnt play tho

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Anyone who can submit you 8 seconds after you take them down is pretty badass. Even though it ****** a lot of people it was pretty cool to watch. He showed that he always had that in his pocket.

NunyaBidness
    NunyaBidness has a posse
    NunyaBidness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4507

Quote Originally Posted by kmdubya View Post
    I don't know what the hell Hardy was thinking trying to take him down. I think he started to panic and wanted to try and steal a round.

My biggest beef from last night was the Miller/Henderson fight. Which judge and which round was it that got scored for Miller? Two judges were 30-27 and 30-26, but one judge had it 29-28?

I had plenty of money on Miller but even I didn't buy that for one second.
    It's weird that everyone is complaining about Hardy's takedown. He was losing a fight for 14 minutes, he wasn't going to finally land the big KO after all that time. Doing something different was a smart move. Granted, it was a very low expectation play, but it was higher than standing their and getting outstruck for the remainder of the fight.

Educ8d Degener8
    Educ8d Degener8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9916

Quote Originally Posted by bjpenn85 View Post
    i remember having a comment on the mma math and bendo month ago, thank you. didnt play tho
    http://tinyurl.com/justforbjpenn85

FightFightFight

I was obviously referring to his striking.

kmdubya
    kmdubya's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1306

Quote Originally Posted by NunyaBidness View Post
    It's weird that everyone is complaining about Hardy's takedown. He was losing a fight for 14 minutes, he wasn't going to finally land the big KO after all that time. Doing something different was a smart move. Granted, it was a very low expectation play, but it was higher than standing their and getting outstruck for the remainder of the fight.
    I thought it was a poor decision on a number of levels. He has no takedown skills and Lytle is known for submisions. Plus he "promised" to stand and bang with Lytle, so pulling out a lame takedown attempt to try and steal a round is just poor form.

I think panic started to set in that he may be out of a job so that's why he thought a takedown attempt would be in his best interests.

FightFightFight

Could be trauma from being outwrestled and lnpd in his last few. Probably been overtraining his wrestling.

scofflaw
    scofflaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

I should have posted my picks so everyone could fade me. I lost on decent sized bets on Dollaway, Vemola, Sadollah, Hardy and a smaller play on Wineland. My gut for the main event was Lytle and on the last day I was swayed into thinking Hardy would use his reach, speed and counter punching to win this fight and I bet on Hardy To offset the losses I won big on Henderson and Cerrone straight up. Henderson also wrapped up a +926 parlay of Vitor, Rory, Gustafsson, Mendes, Bendo by decision. That wasn't enough to even things out and I was down on the night.

Coopstain
    Coopstain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

I was at the event so I made picks on nearly every fight. I normally do OK betting MMA but last night was rough. Only got Ed Herman right. Oh well I guess.

Kaladarus
    Kaladarus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good news for everyone. Hardy is not getting cut after 4 consecutive losses because he threw the fight and let Lytle win.

First ... 6789