The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Jason "Mayhem" Miller signs with UFC

http://mmajunkie.com/news/23344/jaso...s-with-ufc.mma

I really like this. The guy always comes to fight and his personality usually leads to some hilarious pre-fight interviews and hype.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

ya i was pumped to see that, i hope they get him a matchup very soon

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

like the guy, bully beat down, gona lose more than sixty percent of his fights in ufc though

Chairib
    Chairib's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by phillybadboy View Post
    like the guy, bully beat down, gona lose more than sixty percent of his fights in ufc though
    More 60 percent.... Where the hell did you pull that number out from?

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Mayhem is quality entertainment.

rocky mattioli
    rocky mattioli's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5100

why is he gonna lose 60% of his ufc fights?..without knowing his potential match-ups,how can you make that claim?......

forget the goofy persona ....he`s a quality fighter...

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

there is not gona be any easy fights for him in the ufc, i'm gona keep count, he'll lose more than win

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

i htink he can do well. def not a title contender but i see him around top 10.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

I guess the Diaz fight not happening was inevitable. Still sucks...

Chael Sonnen?

bogbat
    bogbat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

If he gets a couple of wins I think he will get a title shot because of his personality and exposure.

Ladle
    Ladle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mayhem/Simpson announced for UFC 132.

http://mmaweekly.com/jason-mayhem-mi...fc-132-in-july

urge2kill
    urge2kill's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1531

Mayhem vs Aaron Simpson at UFC 132.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

dam 132's card is crazy, I dont know how they are going to pick a maincard for this event.

RaiderNation MMA
    RaiderNation MMA's Avatar Become A Pro!

sounds like a tune up welcome back fight to me

Varker
    Varker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

nice match up, should be interesting.

cheeese
    cheeese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

I think he gets tooled unless Simpson gasses.

Ladle

Quote Originally Posted by cheeese View Post
    I think he gets tooled unless Simpson gasses.
    I think Simpson's cardio issues are behind him. He probably out-wrestles Mayhem en route to a decision win.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderNation MMA View Post
    sounds like a tune up welcome back fight to me
    tune-up for Simpson maybe. Have you seen the technique behind Mayhem's punches?

The way he was throwing against Jake during the limited times he was able to get back to his feet is an embarrassment.

Mayhem's best chance in this fight is a late finish. Otherwise I see a comfortable UD for Simpson.
    Last edited by illmatick; 04-24-11 at 09:16 AM.

cheeese

I don't think he can threaten from his back especially if Simpson is punching him

loudpacmanjones
    SBR's RESIDENT ASSHOLE
    loudpacmanjones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Mayhem. Woo

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post

tune-up for Simpson maybe. Have you seen the technique behind Mayhem's punches?

The way he was throwing against Jake during the limited times he was able to get back to his feet is an embarrassment.

Mayhem's best chance in this fight is a late finish. Otherwise I see a comfortable UD for Simpson.
    Decision win? Yeah I could see Simpson getting one but it'll be anything but comfortable. Simpson should get takedowns but keeping Miller down there is a different story.

illmatick
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Chairib View Post
    Decision win? Yeah I could see Simpson getting one but it'll be anything but comfortable. Simpson should get takedowns but keeping Miller down there is a different story.

I don't think he'll have to. As far as the takedowns go, I see a lot of rinse and repeat anytime Miller over extends himself (which is quite often imo). I don't expect him to want to lay in Miller's guard for too long.

When I say a decision win, I feel most of his dominance will come on the feet.

Miller's Stand-up only presents two real issues for Simpson, volume and aggression.

IMO Simpson is the better counter puncher, has the faster hands, the better footwork and the harder punches. Simpson's still raw in all of those areas but I have a very low opinion of Miller's Stand-up.
    Last edited by illmatick; 04-24-11 at 06:05 PM.

Chairib

Quote Originally Posted by illmatick View Post

I don't think he'll have to. As far as the takedowns go, I see a lot of rinse and repeat anytime Miller over extends himself (which is quite often imo). I don't expect him to want to lay in Miller's guard for too long.

When I say a decision win, I feel most of his dominance will come on the feet.

Miller's Stand-up only presents two real issues for Simpson, volume and aggression.

IMO Simpson is the better counter puncher, has the faster hands, the better footwork and the harder punches. Simpson's still raw in all of those areas but I have a very low opinion of Miller's Stand-up.
    Yeah I could see that happening but the one clear advantage Simpson has over Miller is takedowns. Miller's takedown defense is easily the worst part of his game. I just don't see Simpson risking three rounds on standup when he could score easily by taking him down or at the very least clinching up with him and pining him against the fence.

rocky mattioli

i`m always befuddled by all the simpson love..he has an awful lot of hype and a very aggressive(and sloppy),frantic stand-up game.....and imo,questionable stamina.... ..the guy really doesn`t have a signature win....he was lucky to beat lawlor....

imo,if miller can beat tim kennedy(who i personally like much better than simpson),he stands an excellent chance of beating simpson.....

what`s this guy done to flip everybody?....i`m not seein` it....

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Miller and Kennedy have fought twice, both have won a fight. This fight will be close, but with Millers name he will probably open as a fav and i'd take a shot with Simpson as an underdog based on his wrestling alone

jin2daj
    jin2daj's Avatar Become A Pro!

kennedy has beaten miller?

hmm didnt know this, dont follow much non-ufc stuff. ive only seen miller's fights against shield and his fight against gsp.

he was impressive in both those losses. but a loss to kennedy makes me think a-train will be able take him out.

miller is tough as he!! to finish though.

illmatick
    Update your status

He beat the 2007 version of Tim Kennedy. I wouldn't make Miller the favorite against the Kennedy that fought Souza.

Miller was a -160 favorite back in 2007.
    Last edited by illmatick; 04-25-11 at 12:15 AM.

Chairib

I've been watching a lot of Miller's fight with Shields and GSP as of late and can't help but be impressed with the guy. Maybe I need to watch more of Simpson's fights but I honestly get less and less enamored with the guy every time I see him fight. He's got cardio issues and I don't see someone who could gas want to get into a stand up fight.

rocky mattioli

the 2003 version of kennedy beat miller...the 2007 version lost to him...

are we saying that miller got better or kennedy regressed?....

all kidding aside, i`m open to being swayed......

one thing i noticed...mayhem has lost to quite a few guys capable of strong grappling/top control(sonnen/gsp/souza/shields/tim kennedy)...those are some really high level grapplers...

the opening line should be interesting...

good arguments all the way around...

Ladle

He's got cardio issues and I don't see someone who could gas want to get into a stand up fight.
    Simpson had some health problems going into the Leben fight (low thyroid; low iron; low on vitamin D). On the other hand, he looked fresh throughout the Lawler fight and came back to win after losing the first round; he didn't gas during the extremely physically grueling fight against Munoz; he didn't get tired lifting Miranda into the air and slamming him on his head for three rounds.

Simpson's "cardio issues" are unsubstantiated.

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Bye Bye Strikeforce, I have a feeling that after the HW tournament is over the UFC will absorb all the fighters it wants and shut it down. "Business As Usual"

sirchadwick1
    Update your status
    sirchadwick1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

I always love watching Mayhem fight... W, L, or D. He may not be top tier, but he's a gamer and always a threat. Plus he's just goofy and knows how to entertain.

cheeese

Quote Originally Posted by Ladle View Post
    Simpson had some health problems going into the Leben fight (low thyroid; low iron; low on vitamin D). On the other hand, he looked fresh throughout the Lawler fight and came back to win after losing the first round; he didn't gas during the extremely physically grueling fight against Munoz; he didn't get tired lifting Miranda into the air and slamming him on his head for three rounds.

Simpson's "cardio issues" are unsubstantiated.
    I agree with this.

rocky mattioli

if simpson can sustain his cardio vs miller(win or lose),then maybe i`ll agree that the cardio issue is without merit....i still have questions...

this will be simpson`s best win(by far imo) if he can get it done...he`s fallen short when he`s stepped up thus far....

at his age,i see this as a make or break fight for simpson...he needs to beat someone substantial...not fall short...and i think beating miller might just fill the bill...

he loses and he`s 3-3 in the ufc and turns 37 in july....and things don`t look so rosy...

just my opinion...

illmatick
    Update your status

we need to see a line before I continue this discussion.

stradlle with miller by submission and Simpson by Decision should be +EV.

In other news, someone at bookmaker just pounded the shit out of nate diaz, Interesting development.

also charib, a grappling breakdown of Brilz vs. vlad, diaz vs. mcdonald and bocek vs henderson would be greatly appreciated. Whichever ones you have time for.

thanks playboy.

12 Last