Alessio Sakara vs Joe Vedepo

Wilson Gouveia vs Ryan Jensen

Joe Lauzon vs Kyle Brady

Jason Brilz vs Brad Morris

Drew McFedries vs Mike Massenzio

Dan Miller vs Rob Kimmons

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is the closest a UFC card has got me in terms of location, but I still didn't make the trip. If it was a regular UFC show I might have went, but the card didn't blow me away.

JerseyRob
    JerseyRob's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not much to talk about only the Diaz fight has a line so far.

MMAJOE
    MMAJOE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Not a bad card for spike, Houston Alexander just signed a new 5 fight contract and will be fight in front of his home state, He needs to score a KO and keep it on his feet or Shaefer will Submit him.

Danzig vs Guida should be a war both fast paced just and well rounded

Diaz vs Neer is a toss up diaz has been on a hot streak with submissions, Neer is has drop down to 155lb form 170lb and can give diaz problems if he can stay away from getting submitted.

Belcher vs Herman should be a good fight, Belcher is more well rounded fighter but Herman has the great wrestling Skills and Gnp Interesting fight.

Sakara needs a win to stay in the UFC, Gouveai is coming off a tough loss and looking to bounce back, Lauzon also looking to rebound after the tough fight with Kenflo,McFedries is looking for another KO and is trying to prove that he will be a countender at 185lb, Dan Miller makes his UFC debut coming from the IFL.

I think this should be a great show, maybe its not the top names but a lot of future UFC talent in the years to come.The full odds should be out on Monday on Betcris/bookmaker.

THE_LOCKSMITH
    THE_LOCKSMITH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

yea Clay Guida vs Mac Danzig is gonna be a good one, Danzigs skill vs Guidas all out fight tempo. i think danzig will take this one, but its very close

I.R.B
    I.R.B's Avatar Become A Pro!

Diaz is a no brainer... The kid will rise to the top only to get slaped right back down by Penn, Sherk or Ken-flo

THE_LOCKSMITH

This is bullshit, this goes wednesday 17, its now tuesday the 16 and no odds out except for Diaz neer

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

This card is all 50/50 fights right there... Ed Herman vs Alan Belcher who is putting their $$ on that fight?? Wilson gouveia will win his fight the rest who knows Guida could control Danzig, Danzig could sub Guida, Diaz is good(better than Nick if truth be told) but Josh Neer is still good very dangerous. You want to take Houston Alexander but the guy has no ground game and Eric schafer's BJJ is legit. If anything I'll be making a parlay with Gouveia + Mcfederies if either of them isnt over -400. GL probably be sitting this one out... one last thought What the hell did Brad Morris do to Joe Silva to have to fight Cain Valasquez in his UFC debut (did anybody see that beatdown!??) now this Jason Brilz kid looks tough too i mean he has the usual padded record that the midwest guys have but some impressive wins on that resume. poor guy

teaserpleaser

Wilson Gouveia has the skill set to be a Champion... good chin, BJJ Blackbelt, and he hits like a mule trust me he was my old training partner back in the day at ATT his Problem is he doesnt like to do roadwork and Cardio outside the gym. He hurts everybody he fights Jardines face was a mess, Goran Reljic was rocked several times, he just gassed Wilson out(the body kicks didnt help) If Wilson loses this fight I think hes out of the UFC so maybe he'll be in shape this time.

The HOFF
    The HOFF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    This is bullshit, this goes wednesday 17, its now tuesday the 16 and no odds out except for Diaz neer
    I agree. I've been looking for these the past week. My guess is that there are a lot of new comers and guys that don't have many fights in the UFC o this card, so it's taking longer to make the lines when nobody knows anything about these guys.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    This card is all 50/50 fights right there... Ed Herman vs Alan Belcher who is putting their $$ on that fight?? Wilson gouveia will win his fight the rest who knows Guida could control Danzig, Danzig could sub Guida, Diaz is good(better than Nick if truth be told) but Josh Neer is still good very dangerous. You want to take Houston Alexander but the guy has no ground game and Eric schafer's BJJ is legit
    Ummmm, i'm looking at Herman over Belcher, Gouveia, McFedries, and i'm hoping to get some big dogg odds on Eric Schafer and i just might take him to beat Houston Alexander.

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Still not finding any spreads

Whut's a brutha to do!?

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by THE_LOCKSMITH View Post
    Ummmm, i'm looking at Herman over Belcher, Gouveia, McFedries, and i'm hoping to get some big dogg odds on Eric Schafer and i just might take him to beat Houston Alexander.
    Wilson will win his fight, Jensen is a BJJ guy unless Wilson is just so gassed he quits (and hes done it before this is his first cut to 185 he could gas!! Wilson walks at 220 thats a big cut) he wins that fight other than that its a gamble I went 3-0 made some good $$ last UFC dont want to push it Best of luck should be some really good fights. Houston has no ground game i'd say thats a good bet... same thing with mcfedries if its standing he can beat damn near anybody but if it hits the ground kiss your $$$ goodbye he openly talks about how he avoids training groundwork. Good luck
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 09-16-08 at 06:31 PM.

MMAJOE

ODDS are finally out on Bookmaker/Betcris still no odds out at 5dimes

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS - (28 OPEN EVENTS)MIXED MARTIAL ARTS - Sep 17 UFC: FIGHT NIGHT-15 - OMAHA, NB - LIVE ON SPIKETV 6:30 PM
    32525 JOSH NEER - - +170
    32526 NATE DIAZ - - -210

6:00 PM 32527 MAC DANZIG - - +145
    32528 CLAY GUIDA - - -175

5:30 PM 32529 ALAN BELCHER - - +185
    32530 ED HERMAN - - -235

5:00 PM 32531 ERIC SCHAFER - - +210
    32532 HOUSTON ALEXANDER - - -260

4:00 PM JOE VEDEPO - - EV
    32534 ALESSIO SAKARA - - -130

3:30 PM 32535 RYAN JENSEN - - +255
    32536 WILSON GOUVEIA - - -315

2:45 PM 32537 KYLE BRADLEY - - +500
    32538 JOE LAUZON - - -700

2:45 PM 32539 BRAD MORRIS - - +195
    32540 JASON BRILZ - - -245

2:45 PM 32541 MIKE MASSENZIO - - +175
    32542 DREW MCFEDRIES - - -215

2:45 PM 32543 ROB KIMMONS - - +110
    32544 DAN MILLER - - -140

teaserpleaser

at those odds parlay wilson Gouveia and Drew Mcfedries... I guess i do have a play (That Alessio Sakara line is sure to Jump)

The HOFF

MAIN CARD
    Nate Diaz -210 vs Josh Neer +170
    I almost expect Diaz to fall on his back when the bell rings and let Neer into his gaurd. Neer has the stand up edge here. I think Diaz will do anything to get to the ground. I think Neer will do some damage and may win if he can stay on the feet. If this goes to the ground, Diaz will catch some submission.

Clay Guida -170 vs Mac Danzig +140
    I don't think Danzig has fought anyone yet. Guida is an awesome fighter. I feel Guida beat Griffin and he was dominating Huerta until he got wild. As long as Guida stays in control, I love his chances for a win.

Ed Herman -245 vs Alan Belcher +195
    Herman needs a win, and needs one now. Herman has the ground game advantage. I haven't seen enough of Belcher to get a feel for his style.

Houston Alexander -275 vs Eric Schafer +215
    Alexander has a very weak chin. Any solid shot will drop this guy. At the same time he has absolute KO power. I don't see Schafer being able to hurt Alexander with any big shots and I don't think he can take Alexander down to work his ground game.

UNDERCARD
    Alessio Sakara -125 vs Joe Vedepo -105
    I know nothing about Vedepo. What I do know is Sakara is a weak fighter. My guess is this will be Sakara's last fight in the UFC after he loses.

Wilson Gouveia -350 vs Ryan Jensen +280
    Gouveia has been impressive in the UFC. He was beating Goran Reljic until he got caught. Very tough fight for Jensen making his debut.

Joe Lauzon-700 vs Kyle Brady +500
    Bradley got dominated by Lytle, so haven't really seen him fight. Lauzon doesn't have near the power of Lytle so I don't expect him to dominate this fight. I think this is way too much chalk for Lauzon. I expect Lauzon to win, but would not bet it.

Jason Brilz -255 vs Brad Morris +205
    No real opinion because I haven't seen either fight. Only know that Morris was beat by Valesquez.

Drew McFedries -205 vs Mike Massenzio +165
    Tough to call when one is a newcomer. McFedries has a lot of power and I think just got caught by Cote and lost to a better fighter in Kampmann. Expect McFedries to win, but no bet.

Dan Miller -130 vs Rob Kimmons +100
    Don't know either. No opinion.

THE_LOCKSMITH

Man, thiese odds are disapointing. Gouveia -350, hard to lay that big of a price. I though Herman and Belcher would be closer too but herman -245 is a bigger than expected fav. I'm off the Schfer upset pick too, there brought him in for Alexander to crush in his hometown. only play i might make is a Herman Gouveia Alexander parlay. thinking of adding Guida. Good luck to all wagers!

teaserpleaser

Alessio Sakara's opponents last fight (sakara is a gatekeeper but he should beat this kid and his wide punches.)
    http://www.youtube.com/v/PPutFwG-mVs&hl=en&fs=1

Bread
    Living corpse
    Bread's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Alexander just doesn't seem like his spread is so high that the oddsmakers are convinced.

PINK HAMSTER NIGHT!!! I'M ALL OVER IT!

MMAJOE

Alexander just signed a 5 fight extension with UFC and this fight is in Houstons hometown and the UFC putting him on the main card after 2 losses in a row. I know schafer has great ground skills and can sub houston pretty easy, but Schaefers stand is really bad.Look for Houston to sprawl and Brawl and catch Shaefer with a big punch or knee then go for the kill. Shaefer has good value so i might throw a small play on him.

JerseyRob

Quote Originally Posted by The HOFF View Post
    MAIN CARD
    Nate Diaz -210 vs Josh Neer +170
    I almost expect Diaz to fall on his back when the bell rings and let Neer into his gaurd. Neer has the stand up edge here. I think Diaz will do anything to get to the ground. I think Neer will do some damage and may win if he can stay on the feet. If this goes to the ground, Diaz will catch some submission.

Clay Guida -170 vs Mac Danzig +140
    I don't think Danzig has fought anyone yet. Guida is an awesome fighter. I feel Guida beat Griffin and he was dominating Huerta until he got wild. As long as Guida stays in control, I love his chances for a win.

Ed Herman -245 vs Alan Belcher +195
    Herman needs a win, and needs one now. Herman has the ground game advantage. I haven't seen enough of Belcher to get a feel for his style.

Houston Alexander -275 vs Eric Schafer +215
    Alexander has a very weak chin. Any solid shot will drop this guy. At the same time he has absolute KO power. I don't see Schafer being able to hurt Alexander with any big shots and I don't think he can take Alexander down to work his ground game.

UNDERCARD
    Alessio Sakara -125 vs Joe Vedepo -105
    I know nothing about Vedepo. What I do know is Sakara is a weak fighter. My guess is this will be Sakara's last fight in the UFC after he loses.

Wilson Gouveia -350 vs Ryan Jensen +280
    Gouveia has been impressive in the UFC. He was beating Goran Reljic until he got caught. Very tough fight for Jensen making his debut.

Joe Lauzon-700 vs Kyle Brady +500
    Bradley got dominated by Lytle, so haven't really seen him fight. Lauzon doesn't have near the power of Lytle so I don't expect him to dominate this fight. I think this is way too much chalk for Lauzon. I expect Lauzon to win, but would not bet it.

Jason Brilz -255 vs Brad Morris +205
    No real opinion because I haven't seen either fight. Only know that Morris was beat by Valesquez.

Drew McFedries -205 vs Mike Massenzio +165
    Tough to call when one is a newcomer. McFedries has a lot of power and I think just got caught by Cote and lost to a better fighter in Kampmann. Expect McFedries to win, but no bet.

Dan Miller -130 vs Rob Kimmons +100
    Don't know either. No opinion.
    Good analysis except Jenson isn't making his debut, Belcher has great Muay Thai, and Alexander doesn't have a weak chin he got KOed by strikers and went toe to toe with Jardine and took plenty of clean shots.

The HOFF

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyRob View Post
    Good analysis except Jenson isn't making his debut, Belcher has great Muay Thai, and Alexander doesn't have a weak chin he got KOed by strikers and went toe to toe with Jardine and took plenty of clean shots.
    I guess Jensen has fought twice already. I must have missed it. I thought he was a newcomer.

Did you see Alexander fight Jardine? I don't think Jardine is a very powerful striker. Jardine buckled his knees quite a few times with short little punches.

JerseyRob

I guess Jensen has fought twice already. I must have missed it. I thought he was a newcomer.

Did you see Alexander fight Jardine? I don't think Jardine is a very powerful striker. Jardine buckled his knees quite a few times with short little punches.
    Really not a powerful striker? He KOed Forrest Griffin, went toe to toe with Gouveia and outstruck Liddell leaving him limping, bruised and bloodied. We can agree to disagree. He isn't the greatest striker but he defintely has some power.

Alexander is an awful technical striker and has gaping holes in his game and that's the reason he gets knocked out. The most dangerous punch is the punch you don't see. He didn't see Irvin's punch at all and was KOed. That will happen to him everytime he faces a great technical striker because he has no defense and lacks skill. His chin isn't made of granite but from a fighting stand point you will see his stiff robotic style, lack of defense, and lack of skill are the reason for his past and future knock outs.

The HOFF

JerseyRob,

Agree to disagree. I respect your opinion and am glad people are here sharing opinions.

"His chin isn't made of granite but from a fighting stand point you will see his stiff robotic style, lack of defense, and lack of skill are the reason for his past and future knock outs." Future knock outs is the key word.

Are you betting anything tonight?

JerseyRob

JerseyRob,

Agree to disagree. I respect your opinion and am glad people are here sharing opinions.

"His chin isn't made of granite but from a fighting stand point you will see his stiff robotic style, lack of defense, and lack of skill are the reason for his past and future knock outs." Future knock outs is the key word.

Are you betting anything tonight?
    I'm laying off this card.

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    Wilson will win his fight, Jensen is a BJJ guy unless Wilson is just so gassed he quits (and hes done it before this is his first cut to 185 he could gas!! Wilson walks at 220 thats a big cut) he wins that fight other than that its a gamble I went 3-0 made some good $$ last UFC dont want to push it Best of luck should be some really good fights. Houston has no ground game i'd say thats a good bet... same thing with mcfedries if its standing he can beat damn near anybody but if it hits the ground kiss your $$$ goodbye he openly talks about how he avoids training groundwork. Good luck
    Mcfedries just got subbed in 1 min 28 seconds. Houston Alexander was subbed as well Brothas had better start working the ground game.
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 09-17-08 at 11:30 PM.

The HOFF

Houston Alexander just got worked.

JoshW
    JoshW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Omaha crowd was pretty good. Maybe it was good enough to get another midwest event in the future. I don't know that we could support it, but Sprint Center in KC would be awesome venue. Great lines of site, newly built. I can only hope.