ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Blockfi and any prospect of Payout

1) OK, I know Blockfi is a cluster. Same as the other exchanges that got smoked.

2) First off, on any bankruptcy "general creditors" are so far down the list. Historically, recovery is much < 100%. More like 4%.

3) Blockfi messages show at least some encouraging signs. They APPEAR to be forthright. They APPEAR to be trying to make their customers whole.

1. You can now look up your listed claim(s) and BlockFi Wallet account balance online

You can check how BlockFi has listed your claim(s) in the Schedules of Assets and Liabilities (the “Schedules”) for BlockFi Interest Account, BlockFi Private Client, and Loans, as well as your BlockFi Wallet account balances, by visiting the website of BlockFi’s claims agent, Kroll, here.

Here is an example of what you will find on your personalized dashboard on the Kroll website, which will include all of your claim(s) and your BlockFi Wallet account balances.
    2. You do not need to submit a claim if you agree with your scheduled amount

If you agree with your scheduled claim information and Wallet account balance(s), then you do not need to file a claim and no further action is required at this time.

If you believe that your scheduled claim information is incorrect or incomplete, you may file a proof of claim. The bar date, or deadline to submit a proof of claim, is 5:00 P.M. (prevailing Eastern Time) on March 31, 2023.

More information on how to understand your scheduled claim amount and fill out your proof of claim form can be found here by clicking the Client Guide to Filling Out Proof Of Claim Form(s).

3. The Scheduled amounts are listed in U.S. dollars; BlockFi Wallet account balances are listed in cryptocurrency

The dollar amounts listed on the Schedules are based on coin values as of November 28, 2022, the day BlockFi filed chapter 11. Please refer to the table in question 7b on the proof of claim form to see the price that was used to convert your in-kind cryptocurrency into U.S. dollars in the Schedules.

BlockFi Wallet account balances are represented as cryptocurrency in-kind as of the platform pause, rather than dollar amounts, since they were not included in the Schedules.

ChuckyTheGoat

When I saw the Blockfi failure, I wrote that money off.

1) Do you expect to recover any Blockfi $$ holdings? Not the coins but the $$ value.

2) If so, how many pennies on the dollar?

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15930

you will get all of your funds back in US dollars at the value of your BIA balance on Nov 28, 2022

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    you will get all of your funds back in US dollars at the value of your BIA balance on Nov 28, 2022
    Eddy, I would take that. Granted, BTC has gone up 50% since then.

I'd take the 11/28/2022 price and feel like I'm stealing $$.

ChuckyTheGoat

Submitted my paper-work:

1) If I get 100% of my November 2022, I will be thrilled.

2) Admittedly the investment gains would have been ~ +40% since then.

3) Lesson learned, boys. Self-custody is name of the game. And if it LOOKS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE...it probably is.