raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15395

MicroStrategy adds 2,500 BTC since Nov. 1.

In brief

• MicroStrategy, the largest corporate Bitcoin holder, has added approximately 2,500 BTC to its reserves since November 1.
    • That tally includes a sale of BTC on December 22 for potential tax benefits—the first sale since it started accumulating Bitcoin in 2020. https://decrypt.co/118061/microstrat...even-moreMicro

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

sounds smart, realize a loss and rebuy with same money. will be able to offset whatever happens then.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

I keep hearing about BTC going off exchanges. If anything, the FTX scam should be an alarm bell to self-custody.

Sounds similar to the Silver supply drying up. Or I could be Wrong.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19239

Article says MicroStrategy's DCA is around 30K - which is not that bad...

I think this is Saylor's first bear market and he seems a little bummed in recent interviews but he's not that far off, IMO. He's a smart guy and I expect him to adjust... I think I read somewhere that his personal BTC DCA is around 10K but don't quote me on that...

I'm still quite green with BTC, ETH and Monero but got a whole bunch a alts that aren't in very good shape. HODLing and DCAing works very well with BTC and ETH - not so much with the other alts... Gonna dump them eventually but not right now...just need to go up a little more. As mentioned, taking the loss can actually help on tax forms.

I expect another big dip sometime before summer hits. Tax season makes some people get out for a bit...