Nitropokerplayer
    Nitropokerplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nitrogen cancelling withdrawal, blocks acc and asks silly question

Hi sbr people. I don’t remember my old account, used it 5 years ago maybe, so I had to create a new one to share this.

I am really sad to report that nitrogensports.com is somehow screwing with me. Last night they sent me this:

"We are contacting you in regards to your Nitrogen account.

Please be aware we have identified a possible overlap between your account and another Nitrogen user. Therefore, we require that you clarify your relation to the following user(s): XXXXXXX

Based on our findings, we have cancelled your withdrawal request and returned the funds to your balance in order to further review the information in your account. This is a regular procedure and most reviews are resolved quickly, within 24-48 hours."

My account is in good standing, exists since late November. The user they refer to is my friend and coworker and he actually referred me to the site. So asking me this question was totally useless as they can already see at the affiliate statistics site that he referred me. How can they be so stupid and write there is an overlap when he clearly referred me to the site. I told them several times that they can see this in their records, no reply.

They also made a security review of my affiliates account, that was about 2 months ago. It ended and he was able to use his account again, but he had no money on it so the situation is a little bit different. He told me he also gets the affiliate money and so on, so there is no problem on that side. Yet they investigate his account as well, for the second time in 2 months now.

They even say there was no wrong doing from my side but still this is ongoing without giving me any information for 20 hours and counting.

I lost around 1btc at the site and in the last 10 days or so I finally won some money while playing poker, made a couple of withdrawals without any problem. I wanted to make another withdrawal of 0.1 btc and they cancelled it. Now 0.21688 are stuck while they “investigate”.

Also,I reached 25 nitro points and registered for the daily poker free rolls (to reach 25 nitro points by generating rake which is quite a lot) and I could not play them because they blocked me from poker as well.Those tournaments are worth quite some money. Also I was on target to reach poker vip gold status but now I can’t play and the time is running out on me.

Hopefully this gets resolved but I already wanted to share this, if necessary I will open a report as well. I have read similar stories here and I don’t want to become another one. I even suspect nitro is running out of cash as people withdraw their money because there is nothing to bet, but of course I don’t know that for a fact.
    My conclusion, even if they reopen it, never hold more than 0.05btc at this site, its not worth it.

Any advise?
    Last edited by Optional; 03-26-20 at 09:09 AM.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by Nitropokerplayer View Post
    Hi sbr people. I don’t remember my old account, used it 5 years ago maybe, so I had to create a new one to share this.

I am really sad to report that nitrogensports.com is somehow screwing with me. Last night they sent me this:

"We are contacting you in regards to your Nitrogen account.

Please be aware we have identified a possible overlap between your account and another Nitrogen user. Therefore, we require that you clarify your relation to the following user(s): XXXXXXX

Based on our findings, we have cancelled your withdrawal request and returned the funds to your balance in order to further review the information in your account. This is a regular procedure and most reviews are resolved quickly, within 24-48 hours."

My account is in good standing, exists since late November. The user they refer to is my friend and coworker and he actually referred me to the site. So asking me this question was totally useless as they can already see at the affiliate statistics site that he referred me. How can they be so stupid and write there is an overlap when he clearly referred me to the site. I told them several times that they can see this in their records, no reply.

They also made a security review of my affiliates account, that was about 2 months ago. It ended and he was able to use his account again, but he had no money on it so the situation is a little bit different. He told me he also gets the affiliate money and so on, so there is no problem on that side. Yet they investigate his account as well, for the second time in 2 months now.

They even say there was no wrong doing from my side but still this is ongoing without giving me any information for 20 hours and counting.

I lost around 1btc at the site and in the last 10 days or so I finally won some money while playing poker, made a couple of withdrawals without any problem. I wanted to make another withdrawal of 0.1 btc and they cancelled it. Now 0.21688 are stuck while they “investigate”.

Also,I reached 25 nitro points and registered for the daily poker free rolls (to reach 25 nitro points by generating rake which is quite a lot) and I could not play them because they blocked me from poker as well.Those tournaments are worth quite some money. Also I was on target to reach poker vip gold status but now I can’t play and the time is running out on me.

Hopefully this gets resolved but I already wanted to share this, if necessary I will open a report as well. I have read similar stories here and I don’t want to become another one. I even suspect nitro is running out of cash as people withdraw their money because there is nothing to bet, but of course I don’t know that for a fact.
    My conclusion, even if they reopen it, never hold more than 0.05btc at this site, its not worth it.

Any advise?
    Whoa, bad flashback. About two years ago my Nitro account was flagged and I received that exact same form letter. I was accused of being a member of a poker room team and exactly like in your letter they demanded that I "clarify my relation" to a list of about 10 other account numbers.

Here's the crazy part: I don't play poker. As in, I don't even know HOW to play poker and I'd never -- not once -- set foot in Nitro's poker room or played a single hand. So I thought cleanup would be easy. I explained the situation and asked them to check my account records where they'd see I don't play poker (or watch it or whatever).

So, easy fix? Not on your life. Over maybe 8-10 emails they first told me they couldn't check the records, then they had me speak to another person in the department who just blindly insisted I WAS a part of the poker group and finally to a third guy in accounting. By now I was getting frustrated, but it was obvious Nitro still seemed to believe -- inconceivably, since they must've read my account records -- that I was part of this poker group and the accounting guy was getting angry with me.

Normally, that's when I'd come here to seek help, but circumstances hosed me and I had to watch those douchenozzels swipe my BTC. See, this happened in the autumn of 2017, when BTC's price jumped from $2,000 to $20,000 in just a couple of months. Because God hates me, at the same time I was having this surreal poker problem, my best friend won a futures bet in his account whose value, thanks to BTC's 700% spike, was suddenly north of $12,000.

Neither of us are techies and we were afraid if I kept pushing, those Nitro scuzzwads might find a way to backtrace my account and somehow connect my account to his -- before this, we sometimes checked our accounts on one other's devices -- so we had to let Nitro swipe the $1k in my account to preserve the $12k in his.

FWIW, my advice is that you casually let them know you're a poster at SBR and hope that keeps them on the straight and narrow because Nitro's got a dirty streak. Anyway, best of luck and I definitely hope your story turns out better than mine did.
    Last edited by MeanPeopleSuck; 03-26-20 at 01:10 PM.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Same thing happened to me before. They found out I wasn't cheating and opened my account back up. Piece of advise don't refer friends. That is an instant red flag. Nitro is fair. If you were not cheating they will reopen your account. They have tight security which is a good thing. As far as them running out of money that is an outright lie. Nitro is fine and payouts are as fast as they have ever been. Good luck. But if you were cheating than I hope they take all your money.

Nitropokerplayer
    Nitropokerplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

What kind of reply is this mike? "if I was cheating" .
    You were blocked because you had multiple accounts, I saw what you write in the other thread. You created them "by accident",. So you created a new account name and 2 times the password by accident? hahaha
    Dont write here if you have nothing to say.

Like I said my affiliate hat an account review 2 months ago which came out empty and since then he didn't deposit 1 dime and did not play anything on that site.

I am in the business for about 20 years and know all the rules.
    Security is 1 thing but toying with customers who did nothing wrong is another.
    How can my affiliate have an account review, everything turns out good and although he did not use his account anymore they now review his account again and now mine as well? Back when he had his review like I already said I was also active since 2 months. Nobody asked me anything back then and suddenly I am a person of interest?

I dont understand why suddenly now that I finally withdraw some money after depositing for months they block me from withdrawing, that is simply fraud. This is now 31 hours and counting and my frustration level is getting worse every hour.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by Nitropokerplayer View Post
    What kind of reply is this mike? "if I was cheating" .
    You were blocked because you had multiple accounts, I saw what you write in the other thread. You created them "by accident",. So you created a new account name and 2 times the password by accident? hahaha
    Dont write here if you have nothing to say.

Like I said my affiliate hat an account review 2 months ago which came out empty and since then he didn't deposit 1 dime and did not play anything on that site.

I am in the business for about 20 years and know all the rules.
    Security is 1 thing but toying with customers who did nothing wrong is another.
    How can my affiliate have an account review, everything turns out good and although he did not use his account anymore they now review his account again and now mine as well? Back when he had his review like I already said I was also active since 2 months. Nobody asked me anything back then and suddenly I am a person of interest?

I dont understand why suddenly now that I finally withdraw some money after depositing for months they block me from withdrawing, that is simply fraud. This is now 31 hours and counting and my frustration level is getting worse every hour.
    Settle down. First of all I've been doing this for over 20 years myself. I know the rules also. When you click on create a new account by accident it's instant. I never made a username or paasword. I simply went closed the page and logged in with my real acvount. They understood this and my account was turned back on in 2 hours. I don't have "friends" that play there like you said you do. All I'm saying is having "friends" with accounts is a red flag. I'm not saying you cheated but there are many people that have and been caught. Nitro is not stupid and if you didn't cheat they will refund your money. Nitro plays fair. Good luck.

TennisAceE
    TennisAceE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 577

Any updates on this? Wondering if the OP ever got his Bitcoins?