Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13863

Cant send bitcoin from blockchain regardless of fee. Is this because of the halving?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    Cant send bitcoin from blockchain regardless of fee. Is this because of the halving?
    What happens when you try?

Maybe download electrum.org and use the 12 word seed phrase from your blockchain wallet to recreate it with electrum and see if you can send then.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

We're one hour away from the Halving? Shouldn't we be ready to rip a new hole in this BtC price?

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    We're one hour away from the Halving? Shouldn't we be ready to rip a new hole in this BtC price?
    what is the estimated time going to be Eastern? thanks. will watch some live bitcoin youtube stuff whould be fun

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    what is the estimated time going to be Eastern? thanks. will watch some live bitcoin youtube stuff whould be fun
    Try, I think it's just after 3pm EST. So < 1 hour from now.

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Here is a countdown:
    https://www.coindesk.com/
    40 minutes to go...

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

the HALF happened.

congrads

1458 days until next one

see youthen

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

8200. Terrible.

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by ThaWoj View Post
    8200. Terrible.
    8700 now. Moves quick.

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19215

About 9 mins. Colin is a good follow on Youtube. Here he talks about the Bitcoin halving, Peter Schiff, gold..

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Anybody who thought the btc price was gonna shoot up the moment the halving happened doesn't get it. Everyone knew it was coming for months, so why would the day of the event itself matter?

I do believe the halving represents significant long-term value, but short-term it was probably already reflected in the price. Buy and hold

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11886

I got some money sitting in Bitcoin on Coinbase now, I figure it's better then letting the money sit in my saving account that is at shiit interest rates now.. I can see the price of bitcoin goes up and down a bit daily.

I guess if you have a good chunk of money sitting in bitcoin and watch the spikes (highs and lows) daily and you buy and sell in key moments you can make money.. I was bored today and watched the highs and lows spike of bitcoin prices.. It does fluctuate a tiny bit..

Does anyone do that? Just day trade bitcoin? https://www.coindesk.com/price/bitcoin
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 05-13-20 at 12:11 AM.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

It went down as I thought, but really only tested that low for a hot second. It's really withstood the test here. I think one more dip with the market over the next 2 months, then I'm just buying and holding 5-10 years.

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

does anybody here buy bitcoin off of the cash app or have any experience doing so?

any advantages over buying from exchange?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    does anybody here buy bitcoin off of the cash app or have any experience doing so?

any advantages over buying from exchange?
    Many people report it as the easiest, cheapest and fastest method to buy.

Just do not sell any via CashApp if you do not want to see a tax form.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

How many people do you think are answering "Yes" to the new IRS question, by the way? Does it really matter? Does it only (really) matter if eventually this goes to 1,000,000 and then you are trying to get fiat? If you have parents and you think this is going up huge wouldn't it be smartest for them to buy it and then will it to you so you inherit it at that (high) tax basis?

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by StackinGreen View Post
    How many people do you think are answering "Yes" to the new IRS question, by the way? Does it really matter? Does it only (really) matter if eventually this goes to 1,000,000 and then you are trying to get fiat? If you have parents and you think this is going up huge wouldn't it be smartest for them to buy it and then will it to you so you inherit it at that (high) tax basis?
    I only said yes on the last return because Cash App sent me a 1099-B for the dust I sold. A whole $9 worth.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

How many people do you think are answering "Yes" to the new IRS question, by the way? Does it really matter?
    I will be replying yes because I have reported crypto transactions since 2017 and will do so again (once I decide how I want to do it this year). But I would probably say yes anyway (assuming I really am trading cryptos). My fear would be that at some time in the future, the exchanges would all be providing historical tax information. The IRS could then match to tax returns that said no and flag them for potential review. I highly doubt that this would get down to my level of activity and I will be gone by then. But I wouldn't want to leave a mess for my spouse.

What I think the IRS has accomplished with this question is removing the pleading of ignorance in the future should you be audited.

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Bsims, what are the odds do you think if you get a peer coin, it would come back to you? Or is it that you just feel no one would try to sell one on an open exchange at the time?

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Many people report it as the easiest, cheapest and fastest method to buy.

Just do not sell any via CashApp if you do not want to see a tax form.
    Apart from CashApp, where do you think the easiest place/interface to buy is for a moderately savvy computer user (a relative)?

Optional

Apart from CashApp, where do you think the easiest place/interface to buy is for a moderately savvy computer user (a relative)?
    In the USA, I'd be telling my relative to get started with gemini.com

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    In the USA, I'd be telling my relative to get started with gemini.com
    I tried opening an account with Gemini, but after sending the KYC docs, they refused to let me open an account and wouldn't tell me why (which pissed me off when they ended the denial letter with "onward and upward"). I have yet to have an issue with any other exchange I've attempted to open an account with.

ThaWoj
    hope i dont wake up tomorrow
    ThaWoj's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3427

Crypto app is pretty decent and right now there's zero card fees for buying until June something. Normally 3.5%.

They have a whole bunch of other features too.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Jan 1st 2019 = $3,738.11

Today , Jan 2nd 2020 = $7,154.33
    Wild

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15918

Everyone on this forum should be holding bitcoin.

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by eddycash View Post
    Everyone on this forum should be holding bitcoin.
    Why? Next year it will be worth about $4.67. In 2 years it probably won't even exist anymore. Only thing it's good for is moving money in and out of books. However recently that's becoming less useful because of the high fees and 6 hour waits for confirmations.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47533

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Why? Next year it will be worth about $4.67. In 2 years it probably won't even exist anymore. Only thing it's good for is moving money in and out of books. However recently that's becoming less useful because of the high fees and 6 hour waits for confirmations.
    Enough of your constant drivel about BTC..you are one of the biggest idiots on the forum and that is saying something.
    Points Awarded:

pablo222 gave JAKEPEAVY21 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

bitcoinLuke gave JAKEPEAVY21 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bigtymer56

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

Quote Originally Posted by lotuspod View Post
    I wouldn't get too caught up in the halving hype, at least for the short-term. Longer term it's a bit of a different story, as the lower block reward will have a large impact...especially on mining. This can have all kinds of potential effects, ranging from less efficient miners shutting down all the way to price increases.

What is certain though is that something has gotta give eventually. We only have a tiny sample size so far - but the last two halvings saw a bit of a fakeout at the time of halving to shake out some, followed by a rather stagnant period for 12-18 months to shake out even more, and finally a breakout before drawing down to more sustainable levels.

If the past is any indication, we should still have plenty of time to keep low-risk things like DCA strategies going. Or on the other end, it's fine to take a bit of profit. The real mistakes are most likely in feeling pressured by the halving hype and going big one way or the other.

The halvings themselves aren't the real destination, they're just important milestones on the way there.
    Figured I'd update this from early this month or whenever it was. Well we're now a bit past the halving milestone finally and hopefully the drop to 8k-ish was the fakeout, though that was a bit faster and smaller than I would've expected. Assuming it was, then I'm strapping in for what will likely be many months of choppy but relative stagnancy with maybe a slight uptrend to it. Like blanco was saying above though, 10k seems to have a fairly strong psychological element to it and it has worked both ways multiple times in the past.

DCA strategies still look like the most practical and easy go-to play for the long-term. Unlike the regular traders who have targets to meet and/or other pressures, time is a bit more on our side...as long as we take advantage of it anyway. Not much reason to gambol on high leverage, or even just overtrading in general.

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

cryptos should be pretty useful in divorces for us men in the future right?

the days of getting taken to cleaners by hoe wives should be over right?

just move your shit into crypto before divorcing. sounds very simple am i missing something??

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    cryptos should be pretty useful in divorces for us men in the future right?

the days of getting taken to cleaners by hoe wives should be over right?

just move your shit into crypto before divorcing. sounds very simple am i missing something??
    Do I love my wife? Yes. Do I have a significant amount of money in bitcoin for this exact reason? Hell yes.
    If done right, you should be able to have a wallet that no one knows about. The power of crypto...

bettipboy
    Update your status
    bettipboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 196

I already bragged about my investment to my wife . . . let's hope that she will divorce me for someone wealthier ..

ace7550

Over 10k again!

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25570

Yeah BTC. Yeah. GIDDYUP!

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

This will be interesting. For a while it's been, the moment btc hits 10k, a lot of people lose their nerve and sell, or just designated that as a selling point maybe. Bit of a holding pattern

My bold prediction is this: next time bitcoin breaks 11k, it won't drop below 5 figures again

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15918

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    After being in existence for 10 years now, Bitcoin has proven it's value. You on the other hand, have proven nothing with your meaningless comment.

First ... 11121314151617 ... Last