JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47515

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Lol. Sorry bud but I don't spend half my life posting on gambling forums like you. To me that is a bigger idiot. Get a fukin life. P.S sorry to hurt your feelings over bitcoin you fukin queer.
    Yep, I'm all broken up about your comment! You have posted about 100 times in this thread that you think bitcoin will be worthless...we get the point and know where you stand on the issue, Corky. Now run along you fukkin clown.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

What the hell just happened? The crash we have been waiting on before the spike?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    What the hell just happened? The crash we have been waiting on before the spike?
    Was it really that big of a move?

Where do u see BtC being on 12/31?

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Is 10K that psychological # ??

Flipside = btc is worldwide 10,000 is just an American thang

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1482

Wtf. That was a quick kick in the nuts

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

I think there's some truth to that. I wonder if buy/sell orders are structured around 10k.

The pro-BtC guys thought price would fly thru 10k + never come back down.

ChuckyTheGoat

Whoops, guess I missed that. You sure as hell don't see such SHARP changes in other mkts:

https://bitcointicker.co/stamp/btc/usd/12hr/

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30436

Yes
    Most trading done with USD/USDT

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

I'm feeling $10k and not going back.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I'm feeling $10k and not going back.
    I tend to agree. I think BTC will pass through 10K relatively soon and settle in a new range above 10K. Not sure how long this will last and where it goes from there.

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

I mostly agree except I think the key number will end up being 11k. Needs to burst past the 10k mark in a meaningful way instead of hovering around the same price point

ace7550
    ace7550's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7772

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Yep, I'm all broken up about your comment! You have posted about 100 times in this thread that you think bitcoin will be worthless...we get the point and know where you stand on the issue, Corky. Now run along you fukkin clown.
    Just ignore it Jake. Only thing you can do with a troll is ignore them.

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

I've always been fascinated how powerful round numbers like $10k can be, in terms of floors and ceilings.

That's nothing but psychology, right? I mean the reason BTC at $10,150 "sounds" expensive is cuz we're so used to BTC in 4 digits.

It's a stupid idea, but I've always thought we could jump hurdles like that more easily if the exchanges were allowed to get creative in how they post prices. Doesn't something like, "$9850. Wait, no, actually 2.9% higher than that," sound eminently more buyable that $10,150?

Heh, upon re-reading this post I'm split between deleting it entirely or just reiterating it's a stupid idea. I guess I'll go with the latter.

MeanPeopleSuck

Good point. I've wondered the exact same thing myself. My theory is that since all the forums -- Reddit / Bitcointalk / etc. -- always talk in dollars, even when it's Europeans or Asians posting, that sort of makes dollars THE benchmark.

It feels like it might be easier to get over the damn thing if people would stop thinking that way(?)

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by MeanPeopleSuck View Post
    I've always been fascinated how powerful round numbers like $10k can be, in terms of floors and ceilings.

That's nothing but psychology, right? I mean the reason BTC at $10,150 "sounds" expensive is cuz we're so used to BTC in 4 digits.

It's a stupid idea, but I've always thought we could jump hurdles like that more easily if the exchanges were allowed to get creative in how they post prices. Doesn't something like, "$9850. Wait, no, actually 2.9% higher than that," sound eminently more buyable that $10,150?

Heh, upon re-reading this post I'm split between deleting it entirely or just reiterating it's a stupid idea. I guess I'll go with the latter.
    Not stupid at all MPS. It's the same reason things are priced at $9.99 instead of just $10.00. For whatever reason $9.99 feels cheaper than $10.00 but in reality there is only a tiny difference.

MeanPeopleSuck

Quote Originally Posted by ace7550 View Post
    Not stupid at all MPS. It's the same reason things are priced at $9.99 instead of just $10.00. For whatever reason $9.99 feels cheaper than $10.00 but in reality there is only a tiny difference.
    Thanks, Ace. Good to see you again!

pablo222
    pablo222's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25546

Like gas at 209.9? What's up with the .9?

ace7550

Quote Originally Posted by pablo222 View Post
    Like gas at 209.9? What's up with the .9?
    Trying to squeeze every little hay penny they can out of you. Only industry that uses 1/10ths of a penny

MeanPeopleSuck

As I type this, it only costs about 20 to 25 cents to send a Bitcoin transaction in the next block or two.

Which means that tonight, for the first time since the Halvening, Bitcoin fees have returned to where we all want to see them: https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/

Fingers crossed it lasts.

ChuckyTheGoat

nICE bump up today.

What time period do u set as your standard? 3hr change? +3% in that time frame.

bitcoinLuke
    bitcoinLuke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1336

Quote Originally Posted by themike78 View Post
    Why? Next year it will be worth about $4.67. In 2 years it probably won't even exist anymore. Only thing it's good for is moving money in and out of books. However recently that's becoming less useful because of the high fees and 6 hour waits for confirmations.
    Been hearing this from people since I first bought in 2013 at $30. Its only up 300x since then, but yeah, going to zero.

solring
    solring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3434

Hertz stock is the new bitcoin. From $0.57/share to $5.53/share in two weeks...

StackinGreen
    Can't stop Won't stop
    StackinGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4514

Has anyone used/liked Gemini as an exchange?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Bitcoin is going to collapse hard one day

Purchasing digital money?

Clownery

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Clownery
    i am going to be moving into xrp. i know they are the anti-btc in a sense and a black sheep in digital assets but i think they are on to something. might even be 5-10 years before it blows up but i like the updside there

not knowing who created btc has never sat well with me. too many theories out there. dan pena recently claimed it was putin to help destry the u.s dollar

the clarity came to me after watching the movie "current war" recently. so many parallels between ac / dc and xrp / btc. one will be the long term winner and i see btc as dc and xrp as ac due to efficiency and cost

btc maxis ( Edison ) is smearing xrp ( Westinghouse/tesla ) currently because they wont be able to compete with the cost of transactions long term

i could certainly be wrong but thats where i am at right now. i know who created xrp. and the efficiency/cost i believe will triumph over the next decade

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

It's going to 20k by Xmas... BUY NOW!

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15350

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post
    i am going to be moving into xrp. i know they are the anti-btc in a sense and a black sheep in digital assets but i think they are on to something. might even be 5-10 years before it blows up but i like the updside there

not knowing who created btc has never sat well with me. too many theories out there. dan pena recently claimed it was putin to help destry the u.s dollar

the clarity came to me after watching the movie "current war" recently. so many parallels between ac / dc and xrp / btc. one will be the long term winner and i see btc as dc and xrp as ac due to efficiency and cost

btc maxis ( Edison ) is smearing xrp ( Westinghouse/tesla ) currently because they wont be able to compete with the cost of transactions long term

i could certainly be wrong but thats where i am at right now. i know who created xrp. and the efficiency/cost i believe will triumph over the next decade
    I was in XRP at the beginning. Sold almost all before it hit but still have some in a wallet that I'm still trying to recover.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2111

Quote Originally Posted by solring View Post
    Hertz stock is the new bitcoin. From $0.57/share to $5.53/share in two weeks...
    2.15 as of this moment after hours

Golden fleece
    Golden fleece's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2655

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post
    I was in XRP at the beginning. Sold almost all before it hit but still have some in a wallet that I'm still trying to recover.
    raiders.... yeah i know a lot of xrp hodlers got crushed a couple years ago and really soured on it...

ive seen a lot of your posts here over the years and you've been spot on about a lot so i respect your knowledge. do you see what i see as far as still a lot of potential for xrp long term?

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by rake922 View Post
    It's going to 20k by Xmas... BUY NOW!

I said even higher

blankoblanco
    blankoblanco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29958

Clownery
    "one day." What a bold and totally meaningful prediction

People have been saying this for a decade. If you're not going to make a salient argument for your case, why bother?

Digital money! What a crazy concept in a world where everything is becoming digital, how could that ever work. Green paper is obviously superior
    Points Awarded:

ChuckyTheGoat gave blankoblanco 3 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Golden fleece View Post

XRP, that's Ripple right? The thing I found funny was that at one point the CEO of Ripple was close to the richest man on earth. So if XRP explodes in the way you think, he'll be the richest man in the world?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by blankoblanco View Post
    "one day." What a bold and totally meaningful prediction

People have been saying this for a decade. If you're not going to make a salient argument for your case, why bother?

Digital money! What a crazy concept in a world where everything is becoming digital, how could that ever work. Green paper is obviously superior
    Digital money won't work, and hasn't worked in these 10 years you just said. Hardly anyone fukking uses bitcoin for anything. What do YOU use it for? Gambling? Lol. Go use your bitcoin at the grocery store, or a restaurant or when you're filling gas? Didn't think so. Hardly anyone even uses Apple pay. You know what people use? Cash and cards.

Digital money is a bubble that will collapse. I don't know when. Maybe you can be profitable trading it for awhile. People in the future going to look at people who lost it all in crypto and say they were stupid. Put down ten thousand dollars to get an artificial digital coin that has the ability to fluctuate in price daily, with huge swings monthly.

Laughable.

All you're doing is buying stock. It's not real MONEY. It's a form of CURRENCY. It's not hard to fathom or predict that it's going to be annihilated one day in the future.

Until then keep doing what you do.

Bitcoin is probably the biggest bubble in human history. It serves no purpose and has no value at all.

asiagambler

Goat is 100% right. It's just an extended game of hot potato. Plenty of people lost already in 2017 and 2014 before that

The concept of digital money has been around for decades. In its current form, it's basically useless except for speculating or criminal activity. On top of that, what exactly does BTC do better than the thousands of clones of it that already exist?

With that said, nothing is stopping BTC from making an ATH this year (as I said shortly after it bottomed out at 4k )

asiagambler

All you're doing is buying stock. It's not real MONEY. It's a form of CURRENCY. It's not hard to fathom or predict that it's going to be annihilated one day in the future.
    It's not really the same as buying stock. Stocks have some intrinsic value. You own part of a company that can produce something of value. Can't really say that for Bitcoin

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last