PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

Paxful/Blockchain Asking for my personal info

Seems like government starting to go after these bitcoin operators. Paxful wants my ID and all this info because I have met a certain threshhold of sales. Not going to happen. Guess I will lose years of positive feedback and reputation.

Blockchain trying to gather info on people under the guise of "free stellar".

End of era coming. Too bad. I don't see the point of bitcoin if it's not anonymous. I don't think it will hold it's value where it is too much longer. It's really pretty useless for consumers (great for the books) if it's all being tracked anyway. Might as well use credit/bank and have some kind of protection on our end.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Blockchain have been trying way too hard to give me $25 worth of that new crypto.

I've ignored it too.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Paxful higher fees I’d use localbitcoins...but they too ask verification many of the sellers

PharaohUB
    PharaohUB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11494

I used to use localbitcoins. They asked for verification from me and I refused. I tried to open a new account, and they figured out it was me somehow and froze up (aka stole) half a bitcoin of mine. Not sure what's left out there might have to look into the dark web.

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    I used to use localbitcoins. They asked for verification from me and I refused. I tried to open a new account, and they figured out it was me somehow and froze up (aka stole) half a bitcoin of mine. Not sure what's left out there might have to look into the dark web.

Careful with that never ever send from dark web to sites direct....always use wallet first

you can use atms as they don’t ask ID unless you negotiate a better rate but they send code to phone every time
    Last edited by littlekona; 03-19-19 at 10:58 AM.

lotuspod
    lotuspod's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4023

Quote Originally Posted by PharaohUB View Post
    Seems like government starting to go after these bitcoin operators. Paxful wants my ID and all this info because I have met a certain threshhold of sales. Not going to happen. Guess I will lose years of positive feedback and reputation.

Blockchain trying to gather info on people under the guise of "free stellar".

End of era coming. Too bad. I don't see the point of bitcoin if it's not anonymous. I don't think it will hold it's value where it is too much longer. It's really pretty useless for consumers (great for the books) if it's all being tracked anyway. Might as well use credit/bank and have some kind of protection on our end.
    This is the shortest apparent path to digital gold that so many want though, most simply aren't too concerned with any impact it has on sportsbetting or many other specific purposes for that matter. It's not meant to be the fastest, nor the lowest fees - but the most secure and stable method to store and transfer at least a reasonable amount of value.

If the whole scaling debate has taught us anything it's that the vast majority are firmly in the 'move slow, and don't break things' view for btc. Different coins are going to become more and more specialized as time goes on, at least it's hard to see much deviation from that direction anyway.

IBM just partnered 6 global banks to use the XLM blockchain, the value isn't going anywhere as gains for alts are generally good for btc long-term also.