scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

My bank got blocked from bitcoin debit card transactions so I have to try the ACH route through Coinbase. Says it will take 7 days or whatever. Do you get the purchase price on the day you purchase or the day the transaction clears? 7 day swing could be crazy

Thanks in advance for any guidance

BigOrange
    BigOrange's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5441

Get a new bank account. There are about 100 in every town.

Bsims
    Bsims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by scavsiu8 View Post
    My bank got blocked from bitcoin debit card transactions so I have to try the ACH route through Coinbase. Says it will take 7 days or whatever. Do you get the purchase price on the day you purchase or the day the transaction clears? 7 day swing could be crazy

Thanks in advance for any guidance
    You get the price at the moment of the purchase. You just can't use the coins until the purchase clears.

Jnas
    Jnas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8549

if you don't want to risk the price swings while payment clears you can send the ACH to your US Dollar wallet. then once it clears buy bitcoin instantly.

Go to the Accounts tab then select USD wallet and deposit. in about 5 days those will clear and be cash in your coinbase acct

you can then get coins instantly
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Optional

pdibari
    Update your status
    pdibari's Avatar Become A Pro!

hu

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3032

Quote Originally Posted by Bsims View Post
    You get the price at the moment of the purchase. You just can't use the coins until the purchase clears.
    Mine went through last month at the price after the 7 day wait, not at the price at the time of purchase.

TheSchafe
    TheSchafe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 462

Luckily, I use a Fidelity Cash Management account...and they encourage transactions like cryptocurrency and the like. Got my withdrawal ACH the next business day from my Coinbase wallet

scavsiu8
    scavsiu8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by Jnas View Post
    if you don't want to risk the price swings while payment clears you can send the ACH to your US Dollar wallet. then once it clears buy bitcoin instantly.

Go to the Accounts tab then select USD wallet and deposit. in about 5 days those will clear and be cash in your coinbase acct

you can then get coins instantly
    Fantastic. Thank you for the advice!