Alfa1234
    Alfa1234's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2544

Pinnacle introduces Bitcoin

Good stuff!!

They are using the Bitpay payment provider (Pinnacle gets charged 1% for a deposit but I believe there are no charges for clients) which means they are not holding any coins themselves eliminating any exchange risk to them.

Link to the exchange rate they use at the moment of deposit is in the cashier page:
    https://bitpay.com/bitcoin-exchange-rates

I'm happy they are going with the times, this will reduce dependancy on other payment methods like Neteller and Skrill, which have, imho become too expensive these last years.

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Wow nice Pinny

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I had heard they were testing this with some bigger clients but did not expect to see it for everyone.

I have lost all payout options apart from International Wire this year there. So pleased it makes Pinny more accessible again.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

good stuff

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Euro accts:

Dear Client,

We currently offer BitPay for Euro accounts as a methods of payment.

You may review the information from https://www.pinnacle.com/en/payments/BitPay?currency=eur

Best regards,

Codone69
    Codone69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1501

Thats too bad. Hopefully they are not far away from offering it to USD accts as well. Better than Greek "taking the BTC" but not paying out in Btc

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

If you can use neteller or skrill, why the f..k do you want to use something so volatile as bitcoin.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    If you can use neteller or skrill, why the f..k do you want to use something so volatile as bitcoin.
    If you used it you would understand that there is not usually much volatility to deal with in the 10-20 mins you are actually holding the currency for.

And who would want to support an untrustworthy, slimey rip off company like Neteller/Skrill unless they absolutely had no other choice?

Honeybadger44
    Update your status
    Honeybadger44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 467

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    If you used it you would understand that there is not usually much volatility to deal with in the 10-20 mins you are actually holding the currency for.

And who would want to support an untrustworthy, slimey rip off company like Neteller/Skrill unless they absolutely had no other choice?
    I'm pretty satisfied with Skrill. You had a bad experiance with them?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post

I'm pretty satisfied with Skrill. You had a bad experiance with them?
    I have been with them since they they started as moneybookers and feels like it has been a constant slide downhill since the name change. Setting the system up to double charge forex fees in certain situations, VIP Merchant Reps doing things like arbitrarily seizing funds that had already been paid out, if a big book told them they thought they had been ripped off by a player. Several cases posted on here regarding large amounts taken, even from personal bank accounts, and then having to be given back as the book was wrong all along. Advertising heavily for known scam books when they know them placing an ad is seen like an endorsement by many users.

Plus a bunch of minor things. They simply cannot be trusted if something goes wrong and have no ethics about acting like a good corporate citizen or being fair to customers. Just how do we extract the most from them as the clear #1 priority.
    Points Awarded:

Honeybadger44 gave Optional 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Alfa1234 gave Optional 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ouzoun

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Appreciate the information. Will be more cautious in future. I'm mostly using them for my Pinnacle withdrawals. Those 5 bucs that they charge for a bank withdrawal is cheap enough to be my middle man for those type of transactions.

Krashman
    Krashman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 27678

You can't have too many funding options.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybadger44 View Post
    Appreciate the information. Will be more cautious in future. I'm mostly using them for my Pinnacle withdrawals. Those 5 bucs that they charge for a bank withdrawal is cheap enough to be my middle man for those type of transactions.
    They took Skrill away as an option for Australians a month or so ago. But I was using local bank transfers before that anyway.

Plus, the situation at Skrill was particularly maddening if you started in AU$ and wanted to play at books that used US$ and Euros... moving money between books became useless as non-VIP accounts had to pay a forex premium both on the way in and out of each different book. At about 2.5% loss over the fair market rate every time.

I was down to International wires as a payout option only. So Bitcoin is extra good news for me. Plus it makes it a lot easier and quicker to move from Pinny to 5D/Greek.

Ruifgalmeida
    Ruifgalmeida's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

after long history of transaction never had any trouble with nerteller/skrill, but you have a long list of deposit/payouts methods, Ihave been using ecopayz for transactions between Bookmaker/justbet to pinnacle.
    As for bitcoins I tried 3 times and lost more that 10% on every transaction with is pretty awfull, comparing with neteller that is absolutly free for transaction beteween books.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Ruifgalmeida View Post
    after long history of transaction never had any trouble with nerteller/skrill, but you have a long list of deposit/payouts methods, Ihave been using ecopayz for transactions between Bookmaker/justbet to pinnacle.
    As for bitcoins I tried 3 times and lost more that 10% on every transaction with is pretty awfull, comparing with neteller that is absolutly free for transaction beteween books.
    In Dec and Jan the network was an expensive unreliable slow mess.

You wont experience delays and high fees now (and hopefully not again ever as badly as it was those two months)

Honeybadger44
    Update your status

Had a similar experience with Bitcoin as Ruifgalmeida. I sent several 500$ amounts within the same hour and the fees ranged from 30$ to 55$

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You know what they say, better never than late.

ouzoun
    ouzoun's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9200

I have been with them since they they started as moneybookers and feels like it has been a constant slide downhill since the name change. Setting the system up to double charge forex fees in certain situations, VIP Merchant Reps doing things like arbitrarily seizing funds that had already been paid out, if a big book told them they thought they had been ripped off by a player. Several cases posted on here regarding large amounts taken, even from personal bank accounts, and then having to be given back as the book was wrong all along. Advertising heavily for known scam books when they know them placing an ad is seen like an endorsement by many users.Plus a bunch of minor things. They simply cannot be trusted if something goes wrong and have no ethics about acting like a good corporate citizen or being fair to customers. Just how do we extract the most from them as the clear #1 priority.

Skrill's and Neteller's problem is that they don't really understand who the client is and what the product is.
    They believe that bookmakers are the clients and players are the products...while in reality...players are the clients and bookmakers are the products.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Doesn't look like this option is available for Australians currently, annoying.

Hareeba!
    Hareeba!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20531

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    Doesn't look like this option is available for Australians currently, annoying.
    Yep. Skrill is complying with the Australian ban on using offshore bookmakers. Don't blame Pinnacle as so far they are not turning Aussies away.

OVAKUL
    Next up: Terrible Odds Teaser
    OVAKUL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8357

That's great news, wish they did this when bitcoin was actually a viable option for a small time player like myself

jbayko
    jbayko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1259

Quote Originally Posted by OVAKUL View Post
    That's great news, wish they did this when bitcoin was actually a viable option for a small time player like myself
    Why is it no longer a viable option?

videogamelul
    videogamelul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2380

Does anyone know what sort of KYC or verification they are doing for EUR accounts to use BTC? Not happy with P.i.n.b.e.t. limits for MLB already and looking for a workaround.

DroopyDog
    DroopyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2078

This is a late to the party question but since I have been unable to use pinny for years here goes... what happened with 2nd halfs ? seems to be all but gone for basketball... did this coincide with exiting the US market ?

videogamelul
    videogamelul's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDog View Post
    This is a late to the party question but since I have been unable to use pinny for years here goes... what happened with 2nd halfs ? seems to be all but gone for basketball... did this coincide with exiting the US market ?
    2nd halves are just under the live betting now, there is no separate section for them

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Pinny has no bitcoin option for Canadians.

Alfa1234

I've sent them the following mail today:

"
    I'd just like to give some small feedback regarding your bitcoin payment provider Bitpay. I love the fact you have started accepting bitcoin. One way or another, crytocurrencies will move forward and will continue to grow so it's a great thing Pinnacle has started accepting them.

I would like to complain about Bitpay though, they take the speed and convenience completely out of Bitcoin...not to mention double the cost of each transaction. They make you download their own wallet, or a wallet supporting their weird protocol. After that, instead of simply paying the merchant (you), you are forced to first send the coins to their wallet...wait for the transaction to be confirmed (which can take 15 to 45mins) and THEN send the coins to you. This creates a double transaction...doubling the cost and makes it almost impossible to buy and send the exact amount of bitcoins because by the time your first transaction has confirmed, the merchant invoice has expired, forcing you to create a 2nd merchant invoice...with a different amount of bitcoin! This makes you buy too much coins in the first place to avoid having to send another transaction to "add coins" to their wallet...simply making the entire thing a chore and very inconvenient.

I would kindly ask you to start looking for a different payment provider, which does not use this annoying process. Most of the other bookmakers that accept bitcoin use a different processor which simply gives you a bitcoin adress to which you can send your coins instantly. It greatly simplifies the process and reduces the costs."

It's not a huge issue for people holding bitcoins, but for those that buy the coins just to send them to a merchant this Bitpay protocol is extremely annoying. Maybe if some more clients that feel the same way send them a similar mail, they will look into it.

Optional

You don't need to send to the BitPay wallet.

Just use any Payment Protocol compatible wallet like Airbitz, Mycellium, Electrum.

Alfa1234

Same problem, you can't send them directly from the place you buy them to pay the invoice.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Alfa1234 View Post
    Same problem, you can't send them directly from the place you buy them to pay the invoice.
    Not really.

It's against most exchanges terms of service to use them for gambling funding so it's smart to not send direct to a bookmaker for one.

It's also not a great idea to send your money from one third party to another directly, as if you have a problem it can make it more difficult to sort out.

It only costs a buck or two plus a few minutes to send to your own wallet first.

But if you still think it's easier if Pinny change their payment processor instead of you doing any of that, there is still a solution.

You can paste the BitPay invoice link into this decoder and get the regular information to send directly from an old non-PP wallet: https://decoder.bip70.org/

Be aware that if you send the wrong amount it could tie up your money for weeks until BitPay fix it though. So be careful to use the exact amount specified.
    Points Awarded:

Alfa1234 gave Optional 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Pedro
    Pedro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4463

You don't need to send to the BitPay wallet.

Just use any Payment Protocol compatible wallet like Airbitz, Mycellium, Electrum.
    I apologise for being a little lazy but does anyone know if any of the wallets that are Payment Protocol compatible are only a client (without having to download the whole blockchain) and require minimal verification? For example, I am ok to submit my id but some wallets require you to go through a whole Skype verification process which I would like to avoid.

In other words, from the following list, which one would be the easiest to sign up without having to download the whole blockchain:
    BitPay WalletCopay WalletMycelium WalletAirbitz Wallet Electrum WalletBitcoin Core WalletBitcoin.com WalletBRD Wallet (Bread wallet)

I would appreciate your help and again, I apologise for being lazy to do my own research.

Pedro

Pedro

Also, I forgot to mention that the above would have to be for a Windows desktop.

Pedro

Pedro

I guess I took the time after all and might have answered my question.

Electrum seems to fit the bill for my requirements.

Thanks anyways

Pedro

moojoo
    moojoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Hey Pedro. Do you maybe use Skrill or Neteller. I would like to know which wallet i have to use to deposit at this sites. I use only blockchain since i dont use btc for betting and i dont know much about it. I just know i cant deposit via blockchain.

Pedro

Not sure I understand your question, but I do use Skrill for Pinnacle to deposit into a USD account.

I am thinking of switching to depositing Bitcoin into my Pinnacle USD account but Pinnacle only appears to accept Bitpay compatible Bitcoin wallets hence my original question.

Again, not sure I answered your questions but this is what I am thinking of doing...

Pedro