proteinfart
    proteinfart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Question about unconfirmed transaction

I used coinbase to send BTC to an adresss. It's now been over 24 hours and the transaction still does not show on blockchain.info. I searched the address that I sent it on blockchain.info and it says "No transactions found for this address, it has probably not been used on the network yet.".

In my coinbase wallet it still just shows as "sent" but pending. They even sent me an email confirming the transaction to that address but still pending.My question is...how long will this be stuck in limbo? Will the transaction eventually disappear on the network and return the money to my wallet or have I lost my money? Will the transaction eventually go through? I've researched a bit and seen that some transaction aren't broadcasted in a timely fashion because of a low miners fee. However if I am using coinbase don't they automatically pay the high miner fee?

Also...if my btc is stuck in limbo is it fluctuating with the live price or was it locked in at the rate I sent it at?

Thank you to to anyone who actually takes the time to read this and help me out

littlekona
    littlekona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5828

Quote Originally Posted by proteinfart View Post
    I used coinbase to send BTC to an adresss. It's now been over 24 hours and the transaction still does not show on blockchain.info. I searched the address that I sent it on blockchain.info and it says "No transactions found for this address, it has probably not been used on the network yet.".

In my coinbase wallet it still just shows as "sent" but pending. They even sent me an email confirming the transaction to that address but still pending.My question is...how long will this be stuck in limbo? Will the transaction eventually disappear on the network and return the money to my wallet or have I lost my money? Will the transaction eventually go through? I've researched a bit and seen that some transaction aren't broadcasted in a timely fashion because of a low miners fee. However if I am using coinbase don't they automatically pay the high miner fee?

Also...if my btc is stuck in limbo is it fluctuating with the live price or was it locked in at the rate I sent it at?

Thank you to to anyone who actually takes the time to read this and help me out
    Enter your transaction here
    https://www.blockonomics.co/#/history
    go to pending side and click it will show u approx time as long as it has been broadcast to network

proteinfart

Quote Originally Posted by littlekona View Post
    Enter your transaction here
    https://www.blockonomics.co/#/history
    go to pending side and click it will show u approx time as long as it has been broadcast to network
    I don't have a transaction showing anywhere. That's my problem . I just have it showing as "sent" but pending on my coinbase wallet and through the email they sent me. When I search the actual adress I sent my btc to, it says no transactions shown on the network for that adress

littlekona

Put in the address u sent it to...If it is live and broadcasted it will show...just look under pending if it lets U get that far..if not coinbase has not broadcasted yet

proteinfart

Put in the address u sent it to...If it is live and broadcasted it will show...just look under pending if it lets U get that far..if not coinbase has not broadcasted yet
    It shows but it says 0 btc and total unconfirmed 0 btc. Then it says "unconfirmed amount is pending 2 confirmations". Does that mean anything to you?

proteinfart

doesnt let me get that far. Will they eventually broadcast or what happens? And why wasn't it broadcasted in the first place.

littlekona

Coinbase issue im sure will resolve soon..your funds are safe no worries

proteinfart

Coinbase issue im sure will resolve soon..your funds are safe no worries
    I assumed but have anxiety about how long they'll be tied up

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by proteinfart View Post
    I assumed but have anxiety about how long they'll be tied up

BTC Sends Offline Subscribe
    Investigating - BTC sends are temporarily offline. Outgoing BTC transactions have not been successfully sent since approximately 3:15 p.m. PST today. Our team is actively investigating the issue.
    Jan 11, 20:34 PST

https://status.coinbase.com/
    Points Awarded:

littlekona gave Optional 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

proteinfart

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    BTC Sends Offline Subscribe
    Investigating - BTC sends are temporarily offline. Outgoing BTC transactions have not been successfully sent since approximately 3:15 p.m. PST today. Our team is actively investigating the issue.
    Jan 11, 20:34 PST

https://status.coinbase.com/
    i sent it longer than that ago though. But maybe that's the reasoning. Hopefully they sort this out

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Coinbase does this quite often. During high volume times dozens of Reddit posts of people getting slow paid via coinbase to other exchanges etc. they place sent on it but it shows up nowhere else. Most commonly with btc.

proteinfart

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Coinbase does this quite often. During high volume times dozens of Reddit posts of people getting slow paid via coinbase to other exchanges etc. they place sent on it but it shows up nowhere else. Most commonly with btc.
    I've never had it just flat out not be broadcasted from coinbase though.