Miyagiturbo
    Miyagiturbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8512

I've had the BitPay card for a while and it's been smooth. Ran into an annoying problem recently though that I'm trying to clear up. Anytime I loaded money onto the card I would just enter the amount on the site and it would ask if I wanted to open the Blockchain app on my phone and I would do that and all the info would be pre loaded in the app and I'd send the money from there.

Everything worked well until I broke my phone and had to get a newer phone and an updated version of the app. now it still asks me if I want to open the transaction with Blockchain app and the app does open up but with no info pre loaded or anything. So that wasn't working. Now I downloaded mycelium app can anyone confirm weather this app will pre load seamlessly like the Blockchain app once did? I haven't tested it out yet and I can't even test it because the default app that BitPay asks to open with is Blockchain. Not sure how to change that to mycelium.

Sorry for the long post just want to make sure I can make mycelium my main wallet to load with BitPay rather then have to manual enter info or go on my computer to scan a code

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

It's not your change of phone, BitPay changed the way they work and require what they call a Payment Protocol compatible wallet.

They did say Mycellium wallet is compatible, so go ahead.

I believe the prompt asking you to open up your blockchain wallet is coming from your own phone. As Blockchain's wallet be seen as the default app for the link type.

I'd guess that once you install Mycellium you will either get a choice of either wallet or it will set itself as the new default on install.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Here is a list of compatible wallets for anyone else with the same question

https://bitpay.com/docs/wallets

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I did the bitcoin core wallet.

Good wallet but took an annoying few days to download and sync up.

Miyagiturbo
    Miyagiturbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8512

Ok thanks Optional I'll roll with mycelium for now and see how it is.

Thanks for the suggestion RoyBacon I'll keep that wallet in the back of my head in case mycelium gives me problems.