dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Question about GDAX and LTC

I recently transferred some litecoin from GDAX to coinbase. The transaction was successful however in my coinbase account those litecoins are still in what is called "transactions" and not my litecoin wallet. How do I move them into the wallet. I am thinking maybe this is protocol and they must remain in transactions for a particular number of hours or days, but that doesn't make much sense to me.

Any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by Optional; 12-13-17 at 09:40 AM.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

my son who has been involved with this for a while now claims that nothing can be done but to wait for the transfer to the litecoin wallet. so I am thinking anywhere between 5 days to 7 days. I am a relative newbee and don't spend the time he and his buddies do, they are obsessed by this phenomenon. Maybe these kids are onto something, I still am very skeptical. But good luck to all of us.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I'd sure hope it would not take 5 days!

I don't have an answer for you though.

Hopefully another GDAX/LTC user will find the thread and contribute. I updated your thread title to help the right people find it.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I'd sure hope it would not take 5 days!

I don't have an answer for you though.

Hopefully another GDAX/LTC user will find the thread and contribute. I updated your thread title to help the right people find it.

you're right sir. It was just moved today so less than 48 hours.

thanks

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    you're right sir. It was just moved today so less than 48 hours.

thanks
    That's weird if you're moving between GDAX and your Coinbase wallet, it should be instant.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    That's weird if you're moving between GDAX and your Coinbase wallet, it should be instant.

right, that is what I thought. and when I made the transfer they said it would be instant and it wasn't. my son said they are so busy and they often have delays. however in about a hour or so it appeared in transactions and stayed there for about I guess 30 hours or so.

jose21_us
    The Miami Connection
    jose21_us's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11236

Coinbase is god awful.... my account has been locked for 6 months and can’t get anyone to help me by email or phone....

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by jose21_us View Post
    Coinbase is god awful.... my account has been locked for 6 months and can’t get anyone to help me by email or phone....
    A user reported yesterday that they have phone support that works now. He said it took about an hour waiting on hold but once he got through they went out the way to fix the issue and contact him back to make sure.

Might be worth another attempt...

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by jose21_us View Post

my son told me a month or so back that he waited over 10 days for a reply via email (I think) he said email. I hope Optional is correct concerning improved phone support. It is highly frustrating if you have some real money in these accounts and you cannot speak or communicate with them. Naturally real money is a subjective type term what is real money for me and most of us is chump change for others. but no matter--money is money

I started out with the assumption that hey this is discretionary money and I realize there is a chance to lose it, much like wagering I go into the season knowing I might lose, probably will lose. My strategy with these cryptocurrencies is probably much like most of you guys. Whenever I feel I have a nice chunk I will wd maybe 50% and allow the other 50% to ride, play with house money and see what happens. I am absolutely sure that many of you have the same idea.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

I don't think there is a btc exchange on the planet that has good cs.

When i transfer to GDAX I get the crypto first in my CB wallet. Then it normally takes an hour before they are swept over. Occasionally longer. I have just sold them in CB instead of waiting and eat the huge commission CB charges. But you can sell directly from CB and there times eating that commission is better than waiting while the bottom drops out.