qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Beginner question about requesting Bitcoin from SBR using Blockchain app?

How do I do it using the app?

Thanks in advance.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Go into Blockchain app and make sure you're on the bitcoin tab. Tap "request" on the bottom right. It's going to generate an address to have the bitcoin sent to for it to credit your wallet. Tap on it to copy the address (it should say "Copied to clipboard" if you were successful). Go to the SBR store and select how much Bitcoin you're buying ($20, $100, $250, etc). Once you're on that page, there should be a box asking what the receiving address is. Paste that address into the box and click add to cart and checkout.

It's very important you have that address exactly right from the one Blockchain gives you or you won't get the Bitcoin. That's why you're better off doing copy/paste. What you may be better off doing is copying the address from the app, then pasting that address in an email and sending it to yourself and then doing the SBR transaction on your computer.

qwertvt

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

I was looking in the wrong place and almost sent the wrong receive key.
    Last edited by qwertvt; 11-23-17 at 09:59 AM.

mrpapageorgio
    mrpapageorgio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3869

Yeah if you’re getting an address that begins 0x you’re likely getting the ETH address.

qwertvt

Quote Originally Posted by mrpapageorgio View Post
    Yeah if you’re getting an address that begins 0x you’re likely getting the ETH address.
    I think that may have been the problem but I just took your advice.

In a matter of hours, I was able to get the bitcoin from SBR to Blockchain to Coinbase to My Bank Account (pending 6 days).

I guess I have the basics down.

Thanks for everyone’s patience with my idiotic questions.

Next time I need to withdraw or reload, I will go the btc route. Sh.t, when did I get old?
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave qwertvt 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.