mandy2424
    mandy2424's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192

CoinBase/Bitpay

Made the transfer over 5hrs ago and still nothing in ether from my blockchain wallet. Trying to sell before tomorrow. Could there be an issue?

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by mandy2424 View Post
    Made the transfer over 5hrs ago and still nothing in ether from my blockchain wallet. Trying to sell before tomorrow. Could there be an issue?
    The blockchain's a clogged mess tonight. And since Coinbase is hemorrhaging BTC right now, I think their support staff is overwhelmed with withdrawal requests (a cynic might suggest they were dragging their feet on purpose, but I try not to be cynical).

Are you sending your money to Bitpay the wallet or to Bitpay the debit card? Either method's safe: putting it on your debit card moves your BTC to dollars at tonight's inflated BTC rate, so you sit out tomorrow's fork in cash. Sending BTC to Bitpay wallet keeps it in BTC form, but gives you control over your private key so that you won't get hosed out of your BCC, as you will be if you just leave your BTC at Coinbase. Here's a guide for accessing your private key for Bitpay wallet: https://support.bitpay.com/hc/en-us/...ng-an-invoice-

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

There are probably a lot of transactions going on right now which is why your transfer has taken as long as it has. I had a BTC transfer about a few months ago that took over a day before it finally went through.

mandy2424

Appreciate it guys-just little concerned bc sent 6k to Bitpay debit card which usually hits in an hour-same to my coinbase account. So if it's in coinbase then it will be ok. Appreciate any feedback again-thanks in advance
    Last edited by mandy2424; 07-31-17 at 10:23 PM.

mandy2424

So would it be better to sell tonight or ride it out?

MeanPeopleSuck
    MeanPeopleSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 700

Quote Originally Posted by mandy2424 View Post
    Appreciate it guys-just little concerned bc sent 6k to Bitpay debit card which usually hits in an hour-same to my coinbase account. So if it's in coinbase then it will be ok. Appreciate any feedback again-thanks in advance
    Well the money you cashed out to your Bitpay debit card is definitely safe (you've been "paid" for the BCC that hard forks off tomorrow by tonight's inflated BTC price), but what's the part you're saying about Coinbase?

If you've got cash (dollars or tethers) at Coinbase, that's fine, as long as you don't buy any BTC for the next 20 hours, but do NOT hold BTC there. If you do, in about 9 hours you'll be screwed out of BCC, the spinoff coin that BTC's hard forking into.

If you have BTC at coinbase, try to open an account and get it moved to Bitfinex tonight. If that's not possible, the second best option is to sell your BTC for cash tonight, wait till after the split (and probably a lower price on BTC) and buy back in tomorrow night or any time after that.

mandy2424

Appreciate you taking the time to explain -thank you