Bigredfyah
    Bigredfyah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Xapo card

Seeing as I am in Canada I cannot not relieve this biypay card everyone is talking about.
    Anyone have any experience with the xapo card?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Bigredfyah View Post
    Seeing as I am in Canada I cannot not relieve this biypay card everyone is talking about.
    Anyone have any experience with the xapo card?
    Reports are their system is a bit hit and miss.

As it instantly converts your bitcoin at the moment you make a transaction, the first thing that happens is the correct amount of bitcoin is 'reserved' from your wallet and then they attempt the transaction. If it fails then the reserved amount sits there until released. Their terms say this can take up to 21 days and apparently it usually does take near that time.

Apart from that problem, it does sound like a GREAT way for a bitcoin card to work. Others you need to load/convert your bitcoin to fiat currency in advance.

Also, unless they can give you a Canadian dollar native card account, then you will be paying a currency conversion fee with every transaction. Losing 2 or 3 percent.

Bigredfyah
    Bigredfyah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 870

Looks like they won't give it canadian dollars. Not sure if there's any other options out there for us Canadians
    Maybe I should wait and see if the biypay card will make it here