Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Bitpay card and Bitcoin ATM's

Funding my blockchain looks like it's going to be a pretty straightfoward process thanks to the suggestions of my SBR brethren. Ready to order my bitpay card after utilizing the few ATMs in my region and off I go, right? Here's the thing......I'm in Massachusetts and ALL the ATMs are buy only. I'm talking a 300 mile radius. Not sure where this leaves me in regards to the bitpay card. Can you use it like a regular debit? If not I'm not sure how to get money. Does Wal-Mart allow cash withdrawals? Sorry to keep beating a dead horse here.

kj8210
    kj8210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14103

yea you can use it at any atm where a debit card is accepted

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by Natty68 View Post
    Funding my blockchain looks like it's going to be a pretty straightfoward process thanks to the suggestions of my SBR brethren. Ready to order my bitpay card after utilizing the few ATMs in my region and off I go, right? Here's the thing......I'm in Massachusetts and ALL the ATMs are buy only. I'm talking a 300 mile radius. Not sure where this leaves me in regards to the bitpay card. Can you use it like a regular debit? If not I'm not sure how to get money. Does Wal-Mart allow cash withdrawals? Sorry to keep beating a dead horse here.
    You are mixing up a Bitcoin ATM machine with the Bitpay card system.

Bitpay is just a regular debit card that works in any normal ATM machine or you can buy goods with EFTPOS etc. When you fund it with your bitcoin, they convert it to US$ for your debit card balance.

A bitcoin ATM is a machine just for transferring cash to bitcoin or bitcoin to cash. It was mentioned as an easy way to get 30 bucks worth of bitcoin to initially pay for your Bitpay card fees.

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

OK.....so you can withdraw cash at any ATM. Great.

Bouzouki
    Bouzouki's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3850

Quote Originally Posted by Natty68 View Post
    Here's the thing......I'm in Massachusetts and ALL the ATMs are buy only.
    I'm in the commonwealth too and haven't been able to find even a buy only machine. The Bitcoin atm maps online are all outdated. Let me know if you find something.