TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Coinbase Issue How Do You Change Backup CC?

You know how Coinbase keeps your CC on file for a backup in case there is an issue with your bnk? Well... I was trying to make an Instant Purchase... and didn't know that my CC exp date passed. No big deal.... just enter a new one.... well... I've tried 4 different CC's and I keep on getting the same error message "This card doesn't appear to be a supported card."

I contacted Coinbase customer support via email... but no response from them.

Has anyone gone through the same problem? I can't do an instant purchase until a CC is confirmed for backup.

I glanced at a few blog messages about this.... a few people had the same issue but it never stated how their acct was fully restored or back to normal?

You guys have any ideas? Unreal my luck lately.

Redwing41
    Redwing41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

You need a CC on file? A few months ago I made a purchase and didnt need one. Im in Canada.

I have you tried circle in the meantime?

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Redwing41 View Post
    You need a CC on file? A few months ago I made a purchase and didnt need one. Im in Canada.

I have you tried circle in the meantime?
    Was your transaction an "instant purchase" or did you wait for it to clear 4-5 business days?

You need a CC on file for an instant purchase... BTC delivered within seconds.

I don't think Circle has instant purchases?

Redwing41
    Redwing41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

It was instant purchase. I think it is called an e transfer or e- interac. My bank will instantly send a payment from my chequing account. No need for a credit card.

I dont think circle has that feature of instant purchase, I dont use it personally so im not 100%.

They will eventually get coinbased fixed for your problem, only things is if you need btc now you have to look at other exchanges. I think bitstamp is an exchange and you can get instant purchases?

TheMoneyShot

Received an email from customer support.

They claim they are slowly removing everyone's backup CC on file. You may not have Instant Purchases up to $1,000 anymore.

You may only use your Debit card. With higher fees. And lower instant purchases.

Apparently they want you to wait 4-5 days now. Pissed off.

TheMoneyShot

Been emailing Coinbase back and forth. Got some interesting information.

1. Coinbase claims there were several accts taking advantage of them on the "instant purchase" feature. They claim they were getting burned badly and had no other choice but to stop instant purchases "using back up cc."

2. I asked them are you allowed to stop or cancel the order while waiting 4-5 business days for the bitcoins to reach your acct? They told me.. you aren't allowed to cancel an order. If the price in bitcoins drops while waiting on your order... they told me it's the luck of the draw.

Awesome.
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave TheMoneyShot 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Been emailing Coinbase back and forth. Got some interesting information.

1. Coinbase claims there were several accts taking advantage of them on the "instant purchase" feature. They claim they were getting burned badly and had no other choice but to stop instant purchases "using back up cc."

2. I asked them are you allowed to stop or cancel the order while waiting 4-5 business days for the bitcoins to reach your acct? They told me.. you aren't allowed to cancel an order. If the price in bitcoins drops while waiting on your order... they told me it's the luck of the draw.

Awesome.
    Good info.