TommyDog
    TommyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 289

So, the week I dive into Bitcoin wagering.... Should I be concerned, Bitcoin pros???

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11866

I think you mushed bitcoin.

TommyDog

It certainly wouldn't be the first gambling-related endeavor that I touched that turned to turd

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

it is a risky currency but has been around for a little bit now

anything unregulated is risky

blackHIPPY
    THESE NIGGAS PLANKTON
    blackHIPPY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1610

seems like its still around $445 why are they saying it tanked?

TommyDog

Quote Originally Posted by blackHIPPY View Post
    seems like its still around $445 why are they saying it tanked?
    Yeah, I was a bit confused by the "tanked" comment. I read this story before looking at the price, and I was expecting the absolute worst.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

raiders72001

The price of Ether, a bitcoin rival, is soaring because of a radical, $150 million experiment
    http://qz.com/688194/the-price-of-et...on-experiment/

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

This shit will go back up to $1000. It's like gold and silver, they go up but you have to wait forever to get your profits if you're looking for a double. I say it's back up to $1000 in the next 18 months. Whatcha guys thinking about btc?

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

I don't have my finger on the pulse of the crypto world but it will be interesting to see how this evolves. Seems like VHS vs BETA right now.

sheepgotwool
    sheepgotwool's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6429

Every time some guy starts with bitcoin a thread is started. I just think SBR should start banning these type of threads. Quite useless.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

little to worry about if using as a TRANSFER method

do not recommend SPECULATION
    Points Awarded:

Optional gave Sam Odom 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thunderground
    Thunderground's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 277

Just wait until the powers that be figure out how to best manipulate the bitcoin price. It's unregulated, so there wouldn't be anything illegal about doing so, would it?

Easy enough to start a rumor and give it legs these days. By the time people figure out it was bs, hey, you already traded in and out...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

not bad advice just be careful

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

not bad advice just be careful
    I disagree, I am holding a lot of Bitcoins as an investment, most I paid for any of the was $448, some were as low as $399. I am holding and will check price in about a year.

As for thread subject, I would not worry about it at all, as unlike some "wallets" that were created for gambling purposes only, BTC is more legitimate with nice volume traded in exchanges daily. There are plenty of speculators out there like me, and many of those (unlike me LOL) probably know nothing about gambling.
    Points Awarded:

habitualwinning gave LT Profits 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Sounds like nothing more than an Ether shill article.

More likely Ether is the one that is having a balloon moment and will correct down sharply at some point... or tank as this guy wants to put it.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

More likely Ether is the one that is having a balloon moment and will correct down sharply at some point... or tank as this guy wants to put it.
    cryptocurrency people are funny. bitcoin lovers hate ether and ether bulls think it'll make bitcoin obsolete. but what they don't realize is it's all up to the chinese whales and their bots...

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I disagree, I am holding a lot of Bitcoins as an investment, most I paid for any of the was $448, some were as low as $399. I am holding and will check price in about a year.

As for thread subject, I would not worry about it at all, as unlike some "wallets" that were created for gambling purposes only, BTC is more legitimate with nice volume traded in exchanges daily. There are plenty of speculators out there like me, and many of those (unlike me LOL) probably know nothing about gambling.
    agree

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderground View Post
    Just wait until the powers that be figure out how to best manipulate the bitcoin price. It's unregulated, so there wouldn't be anything illegal about doing so, would it?

Easy enough to start a rumor and give it legs these days. By the time people figure out it was bs, hey, you already traded in and out...
    Years ago it was really nice. One guy famous for manipulating bitcoin and other cryptos went by Fontas on twitter and BTC-e. He bragged about bitcoin being unregulated to the New York Times in 2013. A day after bragging about how easy it was to manipulate bitcoin for being unregulated he took down his twitter account and went silent.

It was easy to arb since there were substantial differences in the prices at the different exchan
    ges a few years ago. Many used twitter and chat rooms at exchanges to openly pump and dump coins.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    cryptocurrency people are funny. bitcoin lovers hate ether and ether bulls think it'll make bitcoin obsolete. but what they don't realize is it's all up to the chinese whales and their bots...
    I would agree with you that bots are manipulating crypto-currencies on a daily basis and that Chinese whales are the source of some big moves but I think the Ether/Bitcoin war will be decided by others.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post

I'm an Ether guy but I'm afraid of the balloon bursting every day. Up 37.79% in the last 7 days.

You and the rest of the SBR crew would know better but there's a rumor that many of the top books will become bitcoin only for US players before November. Any truth?
    Last edited by raiders72001; 05-23-16 at 07:47 AM.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72001 View Post

I'm an Ether guy but I'm afraid of the balloon bursting every day. Up 37.79% in the last 7 days.

You and the rest of the SBR crew would know better but there's a rumor that many of the top books will become bitcoin only for US players before November. Any truth?
    Haven't heard that one and doubt it personally. Not by choice anyway. Pretty dangerous business strategy to rely on one transfer conduit.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Quote Originally Posted by habitualwinning View Post
    This shit will go back up to $1000. It's like gold and silver, they go up but you have to wait forever to get your profits if you're looking for a double. I say it's back up to $1000 in the next 18 months. Whatcha guys thinking about btc?
    Should have bought when it was pennies if you think it is a bargain now...lol

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Should have bought when it was pennies if you think it is a bargain now...lol
    That's like saying you should've bought AAPL back when it first hit the market. Nobody knew wtf it was unless they were a futurist which like .00001% of the population is. It's easy to tell now though looking at the charts. It will break a new plateau within the next 2 years. I never even heard of BTC until this year but I can tell now by analyzing it that's it a good investment and will continually go up as long as nothing dramatic happens like the feds trying to regulate it or something.