Shagaf
    Shagaf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Without access to Coinbase or Circle, how to convert btc to cash?

Raiders...you are the obvious resident expert. For a NY resident with potential bitlicense issues, how to convert btc into cash? I've been purchasing via LibertyX. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again. By the way, SBR, needs to pay Raiders a wage for his forum help!!

thespeculator
    thespeculator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13168

Use localbitcoins. There are many buyers who will deposit into your bank, offer PayPal. If you type in your city you will also get people who buy direct with cash.

Shagaf
    Shagaf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    Use localbitcoins. There are many buyers who will deposit into your bank, offer PayPal. If you type in your city you will also get people who buy direct with cash.
    But doesn't NY law say that either the buyer or seller needs to be licensed? Is that ever an issue?

themike78
    themike78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10636

Quote Originally Posted by thespeculator View Post
    Im pretty sure localbitcoins doesn't allow New York residents either. Try paxful. I use them and they are just as good as localbitcoins.

raiders72001
    raiders72001's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15373

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaf View Post
    Raiders...you are the obvious resident expert. For a NY resident with potential bitlicense issues, how to convert btc into cash? I've been purchasing via LibertyX. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks again. By the way, SBR, needs to pay Raiders a wage for his forum help!!
    Localbitcoins and Paxful don't allow NY residents due to the bitlicense law.

I think that Circle is the only exchange with a bitlicense in NY. I just looked at Coinbase and they say that they take NY residents but I thought their license hadn't been approved yet. Coinbase tried to get around the licensing law by stating federal law covers everything in the NY law.

Merchants are exempt from NY law. Be very careful with bitcoins in NY so as not to get banned. They are very strict and to get a license they want an arm and leg and it seems the whole life history of those involved.

raiders72001

Shagaf or anyone else. Please post if you find something else about the NY bitlicense to keep myself and others updated since these laws can change any day. There are others looking to get into NY that haven't been approved yet.

Jliao4
    Jliao4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

Download the Mycelium Android app, and use the local trader option. Works anywhere.

raiders72001

Quote Originally Posted by Shagaf View Post
    Shagaf- I shot you a PM. I really don't feel comfortable giving any advice on NY since so much is up in the air there.

NY is a tough state. Looks like there was an agreement banning Fanduel and Draftkings.