TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Coinbase: Keep An Eye On Automated Increased And Decreased Levels

I think I've had a Coinbase acct active for at least 6 months. I've used nothing but "Instant Buy".

I think they started you off at about 100 Instant Buy per week and 1000 Buy Limit.

I did 3 successful 100 Instant Buy transactions.

Received an automated email indicating I was Upgraded to their next level.

Next Level was 200 Instant Buy per week and 3000 Buy Limit

Then... to get to the next level you must do 2000 worth of successful transactions.

So... I do 4 consecutive 200 Instant Buy per week....and just about the last day of the waiting period (before the transaction was cleared 100%) I get an email stating "Your Limits Have Increased"

So then I log in and my Limits Were Decreased back to Level 1.

I contacted Coinbase customer support and I also posted my issue on a Coinbase blog. No one has a clue on what happened from an employees standpoint at Coinbase. I've had a few posters on the blog indicate that it's happened to them and they are extremely infuriated.

Just letting you guys know. Hope it helps.

I really liked Coinbase because I felt it was the most cost efficient/easy way to acquire BTC and pass them to Sportbooks within minutes.

TheMoneyShot

I forgot to add something to this which was odd...

I clicked Buy/Sell Bitcoin button... to basically refresh the price. I glanced at my Limits in the lower right corner and it moved from Instant Buy 200/3000 buy Limit to Instant Buy 100/1000 buy Limit. Then I clicked the Buy/Sell Bitcoin button again... and my limits went back to normal. I clicked several times after that and it stayed normal.

I went to bed and woke up the next day... and logged in... and my Limits went back to Level 1 which is Instant Buy 100/1000 Limit.

No... I'm not on drugs. lol This is some real F'ed up sh#$.

I have no idea what causes these glitches in their system? But man.... they need to fix it.

TheMoneyShot

I just wanted to update this thread....

This is what I posted at Coinbase Blog Area...

And here are some other statements made by other Coinbase users after my post...

I don't really understand what is going on? But I'm really shocked.... I don't get it.

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

My advice:you should spend more time at trying to win bets so you wont have to worry about making deposits all the time

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by capone1899 View Post
    My advice:you should spend more time at trying to win bets so you wont have to worry about making deposits all the time
    What has building a higher "INSTANT BUY" have anything to do with your spectacular advice?

capone1899
    capone1899's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 122

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    What has building a higher "INSTANT BUY" have anything to do with your spectacular advice?
    You wouldnt need to buy any if you were winning