Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

Is there any way to track a fraudulent Bitcoin withdrawl ?

I have the transaction number.

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6225

Its done mate you cant get the money back

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

Is there even a way to identify which Bitcoin wallet was used? The number the thief used was 16HSDheC7uYdMabEx8XAF5V6wygcuhyfHv . Any clues on how to find this scumbag before someone else gets robbed?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Here is where you start.

https://blockchain.info/address/16HS...F5V6wygcuhyfHv

Not a simple undertaking but if you are determined and learn a lot you probably do have some chance. But if the thief was also careful and knowledgeable it could be a total waste of time too.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks
    I see you put the number in on that sight, how do I track it?

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9221

Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
    Thanks
    I see you put the number in on that sight, how do I track it?
    I don't know. I did a search "how to trace bitcoin" and came up with a bunch of links talking about experts and geeks doing it but no easy to follow instructions.

It appears it takes collecting data on all the addresses your villain is connected to and trying to find evidence of any of them posting btc addresses on the web you can match to real people or purchases an cross referencing.

Does not sound technically too hard but appears to take plain old brain analysis to spot clues from the data. So you would need to fully understand how the system works before being able to do it.

There is a Forbes article there about a reporter who bought weed on silkroad and then asked an expert if they could tell she had done it with only knowing her wallet address. That explains in plain English the basic method.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

Thanks,
    I see coinblock has a contact email and CS support, Im going to see if they have a fraud dept. May at least be able to stop thief from committing more larceny.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO

Bitcoin processors couldn't care less about theft and fraud, it is ridiculously easily to steal hundreds of thousands from players accounts and as more sweatshop tellers begin realizing it, they will be cashing in like crazy.