Triple_D_Bet
    Triple_D_Bet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 219

Quote Originally Posted by bobbywaves View Post
    You've seen me intentionally delay folding every hand? Only every hand would constitute abuse & warrant timer disabling. How do you determine an intentional delay, as opposed to thinking & taking the necessary time to calculate pot odds? Pretty strong accusation to be making, apparently the SBR brass doesn't agree with you.

Eberetta explained his timer was shortened because he was helping a disabled person eat chips, while he was playing poker.
    Nice try bobbo...we've all seen your delaying strategy when you get close to the bubble: wait out timer, bet all but one chip, wait out timer to call last chip. I've also seen you call all but one chip preflop, flop quads, and then wait out your entire timer to check, then wait out your entire timer to call your last chip. Even for your demonstrably terrible math skills, that seems pretty indicative of abuse. It doesn't seem to affect play much though, and it is pretty funny to watch you resort to eberetta'ing to make the cash

In the future, here's a hint: if beerdog (one of the nicest guys around) calls you out on something, you should know it's beyond obvious to the rest of us

bobbywaves
    bobbywaves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 960

Quote Originally Posted by BeerDog99 View Post
    Not a big accusation IMHO. I find it sometimes irritating but nothing that is not seen a lot online.

Also I do not want to get into a big thing with you but in the times I have been playing on the same table I have seen your decision times increase as getting closer to the bubble. It has not just been for folding, it has been for obvious calls also.

Lastly, you discussing pot odds as your reason when you have been doing this with a micro stack (i.e. <5 BBs), is amusing.
    You should know there's hand to hand play for a reason, & obviously I didn't invent that reason. Not my problem SBR decides to make H2H play with 15 people left instead of the correct 13.
    If it "irritates" you, perhaps contact SBR to fix it.

BeerDog99
    BeerDog99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 177

You should know there's hand to hand play for a reason, & obviously I didn't invent that reason. Not my problem SBR decides to make H2H play with 15 people left instead of the correct 13.
    If it "irritates" you, perhaps contact SBR to fix it.

LOL, Hand for Hand is to avoid guys like you delaying.....

and I am not the type to go and whine whenever a guy is trying to angle for a min-cash. do what you will
    Last edited by BeerDog99; 05-26-14 at 08:48 PM.

Triple_D_Bet

I guess what bobbo is saying is "don't blame me for being an asshole who can't get to the cash on skill alone; blame SBR for not stopping assholes like me!"

bobbywaves

and I am not the type to go and whine whenever a guy is trying to angle for a min-cash. do what you will
    You wouldn't be whining...It's bringing an obvious H2H error to SBR's attention, that's been overlooked way too long. I'm all for the correction of H2H at 13 players, even though using allotted time is obviously not breaking any rule.

BeerDog99

You wouldn't be whining...It's bringing an obvious H2H error to SBR's attention, that's been overlooked way too long. I'm all for the correction of H2H at 13 players, even though using allotted time is obviously not breaking any rule.
    SBR is aware of the faulty HFH as it was pointed out right when it was first implemented but has chosen not to resolve it.

But lets be clear, using the timer for making decisions is what us obviously not breaking any rule. SBR has noted in the past (e.g. eberreta) people abusing the timer is breaking their rules.

To each his own, people can do what they want but this delaying tactic rarely pays off more than a min-cash and is a douchy move IMHO....

bobbywaves

If I'm abusing the timer as you're insinuating, then why hasn't SBR cut my time in half ala Eberetta?

BeerDog99

If I'm abusing the timer as you're insinuating, then why hasn't SBR cut my time in half ala Eberetta?
    I am not insinuating, I and others have stated this and you as much as admitted it.

As far as SBR doing anything about, I would guess the people who complained about it for eberreta are either not around anymore or have not seen it.

Either way as I said I above, I think it is a douchy move but I could not care less how you play, to each his own.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Triple_D_Bet

bobbywaves

I admitted to nothing of the sort. Refer to post #102, where I'm on the record saying I don't abuse it. Again, abuse would be an every hand or majority of hands delay. If you're trying to claim that, you're a liar.

Don't confuse douchy with intelligence. Again, there's H2H play for a reason & I didn't invent the reason. There's other intelligent players besides myself.

You obviously care, or wouldn't be going on about it. Since it bothers you, perhaps we can all petition SBR. to correct the H2H play. Again, I fully support the correction.

BeerDog99

Oh man Bobby, you are funny.

bobbywaves

Yeah...I'm a barrel of laughs, use to do a little stand up comedy on the side. I'll buy you a free beer at the Bash, if I go. I'll also give you a chance to win your Tripe challenge pts back via swim race.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Best thread ever, Bobby you should donate me some pts for this thread. its a loan thread that has about three posts about a loan
    Points Awarded:

BeerDog99 gave Mitchell88 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mitchell88

gotta say it I should have Bobby bubbled, then I would play some rollover later but I hate that style took the chance and it didn't work out, fukers

BeerDog99

Yeah...I'm a barrel of laughs, use to do a little stand up comedy on the side. I'll buy you a free beer at the Bash, if I go. I'll also give you a chance to win your Tripe challenge pts back via swim race.
    LMAO, a swim race for points, that is priceless.

If I go to the bash, I will be chilling with my wife at the pool if I am not playing poker.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

Not true at all! SBR has never admitted anything! No rules are being broken and SBR never said such.

Hand to hand doesn't come close to solving delays SBR was mad about. To date I still use the timer in every game that I play.

SBR has knowledge of kicking back ones timer which would be right but fails to do so.

To those that think it is wrong are lazy besides idiots. The practice has won me thousands.

Using the timer to reach money is not the purpose, using the timer to control the blinds is. H2H only controls the first.

SBR is aware of the faulty HFH as it was pointed out right when it was first implemented but has chosen not to resolve it.

But lets be clear, using the timer for making decisions is what us obviously not breaking any rule. SBR has noted in the past (e.g. eberreta) people abusing the timer is breaking their rules.

To each his own, people can do what they want but this delaying tactic rarely pays off more than a min-cash and is a douchy move IMHO....
    Last edited by no1here; 05-28-14 at 08:01 AM.

BeerDog99

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post
    Not true at all! SBR has never admitted anything! No rules are being broken and SBR never said such.

Hand to hand doesn't come close to solving delays SBR was mad about. To date I still use the timer in every game that I play.

SBR has knowledge of kicking back ones timer which would be right but fails to do so.

To those that think it is wrong are lazy besides idiots. The practice has won me thousands.

Using the timer to reach money is not the purpose, using the timer to control the blinds is. H2H only controls the first.

- Whether SBR has specifically stated/admitted that they realize that the HFH setup is faulty is irrelevant. They read the forum and some of them have played the tourneys, therefore they know.

- SBR_John has specifically said to me in poker chat (might be in a forum post but I have no desire to search it up) when he played and during the time that eberreta was delaying intentionally that using the timer to screw with the tournament and delay it for blind levels and cash spots is wrong for SBR Poker.

- I have no idea what you are referring to with regards to "kicking back ones timer".

- Using the timer for anything other than to give you time to make an appropriate decision on your play is the only reason to legitimately use the timer. Anything else is just angling. Whether it can or even should be policed is a separate matter. Call me lazy or an idiot, but I am not incorrect in this statement.

- To your point about "using" the timer to control the blinds (i.e. to make them artificially increase) is a douche move in my opinion. Play the game as it is intended with class/respect to your opponents and play the game to the best of your ability.

- I am certain that both Bobby and eberreta did not use the timer to "control" blinds, they use/used it to try and bump up a spot or two.

This all said, as I said to Bobby, if you want to use the timer outside of its reason for being, so be it. I am not advocating SBR do anything about it, I am just pointing out the (lack of) reality of the statements/claims Bobby has made (he said he did not abuse the timer, whereas you fully admit to it).

SBR should fix the HFH faults because it is just silly how it is implemented.

Triple_D_Bet

What BD said...abusing the timer in penny ante poker is an extremely douchey move. Claiming SBR should fix it doesn't make it any less so; they wouldn't have to fix it if you just tried to play poker instead of desperately trying to mincash for a slice of pizza! And it's clearly abuse on bobby's part (can't say I've noticed with no1); the fact that he stalls 2 full timers with flopped quads and 1 chip left is enough to blow his "calculating pot odds" excuses out of the water

Similar to BD, I've never felt the need to report it...abusing the lack of good hand to hand doesn't seem to do anything except expose them for the weak-playing douchebags they are

bobbywaves

I stand by my statement of no abuse, since that would be intentionally delaying the majority of hands. Obviously not my case, apparently it was Eberetta's case.

The "reality" is I'm also multitasking while playing poker: I'm either watching sports, placing bets, eating dinner, taking a piss/dump, helping son with homework, answering the phone/door bell, walking the dog, talking to Mrs.Waves etc. Can't always wait for the 5 minute break to do these things.

So if there's a delay by me which isn't very often, then I'm most likely involved in the hand calculating pot odds or doing one of the aforementioned multitasks. I play the majority of hands at a lightning quick speed, which is simply amazing considering all of the other things I'm doing.

To question my integrity of the game is not only ludicrous, but baseless. If I wanted to manipulate the game, then why would I be in favor of correcting the H2H play? It simply doesn't make sense. And according to the honorable Judge Judy... "if something doesn't make sense, it's not true."

BeerDog99

LOL, now it is something about multi-tasking that is causing any perceived delay. Alright you got me, I give up trying to make anything get through to you, you have every excuse in the book.

At least with no1here, he clearly owns his use/abuse of the timer to artificially lessen the amount of hands per blind level. And as Triple said, I dont think I ever really noticed no1here doing anything too obvious so I was surprised that he piped up in this thread.

To each his own, live in your bubble, I wish you all the best.

bobbywaves

LMAO, a swim race for points, that is priceless.

If I go to the bash, I will be chilling with my wife at the pool if I am not playing poker.
    That works, pool is where swim race takes place if interested.

BeerDog99

I gotta ask, what is with your fascination with a swim race?

bobbywaves

No fascination....just being nice, offering you a chance to get back to even after Tripe challenge. You can join the local YMCA & have plenty of time to train for this historic event. At 45, I don't swim very well...would be interesting & fun.

BeerDog99

No fascination....just being nice, offering you a chance to get back to even after Tripe challenge. You can join the local YMCA & have plenty of time to train for this historic event. At 45, I don't swim very well...would be interesting & fun.
    LOL, I will be alright whether I win or lose our bet. I currently play hockey and coach a soccer team so I get a good amount of exercise..

That said, currently I have a torn rotator cuff so unless it gets fixed, I will only be floating towards the swim-up bar, not racing for points.

Triple_D_Bet

I stand by my statement of no abuse, since that would be intentionally delaying the majority of hands. Obviously not my case, apparently it was Eberetta's case.

The "reality" is I'm also multitasking while playing poker: I'm either watching sports, placing bets, eating dinner, taking a piss/dump, helping son with homework, answering the phone/door bell, walking the dog, talking to Mrs.Waves etc. Can't always wait for the 5 minute break to do these things.

So if there's a delay by me which isn't very often, then I'm most likely involved in the hand calculating pot odds or doing one of the aforementioned multitasks. I play the majority of hands at a lightning quick speed, which is simply amazing considering all of the other things I'm doing.

To question my integrity of the game is not only ludicrous, but baseless. If I wanted to manipulate the game, then why would I be in favor of correcting the H2H play? It simply doesn't make sense. And according to the honorable Judge Judy... "if something doesn't make sense, it's not true."
    Lol...nice try bobby, but it doesn't add up. Especially not when you routinely, when close to the bubble, shove all but one chip and without fail stall before checking, and stall again before calling. Before it gets close to the bubble, you make decisions in reasonable amounts of time...are you only multi-tasking as it gets close to the bubble perhaps? Are you really patting yourself on the back for being able to decide whether or not to put your last chip in just before your timer runs out, as proof of your amazing mental faculties? Are you aware that there's an automatic call any option you can select when you have all but one chip in the pot?!? It seems likely you're aware of it; it's right by the fold button you use so often

You don't need to admit it, but you're full of shit...and while I enjoy calling it out where I see it, you really have to be full of it for beerdog to mention it. In this case, I do something similar for my amusement, often putting all but 1 chip in...the difference is when someone bets more I don't use the last chip as an excuse to stall and desperately hope to pull down a min cash. Now that you've been publicly busted on it, I wonder if we'll see a drastic drop in your "multi-tasking" around the bubble

Triple_D_Bet

LOL, I will be alright whether I win or lose our bet. I currently play hockey and coach a soccer team so I get a good amount of exercise..

That said, currently I have a torn rotator cuff so unless it gets fixed, I will only be floating towards the swim-up bar, not racing for points.
    That's just as well BD...you don't know it yet, but if you showed interest in racing him, he'd clarify that it has to be a certain dimension pool, with a certain depth, pH within a certain band and the race would have to start in January

bobbywaves

Quote Originally Posted by Triple_D_Bet View Post
    That's just as well BD...you don't know it yet, but if you showed interest in racing him, he'd clarify that it has to be a certain dimension pool, with a certain depth, pH within a certain band and the race would have to start in January
    Dimension is irrelevant, as long as area is same distance for all participants. Or we take turns swimming using stopwatch. Depth has to be at least 3ft obviously. I prefer a pH of 7.4. But not necessary, as I always pack swimming goggles on vacation. Too many bad experiences with hotel pools. Race would obviously be during the Bash in February, not January.

Mitchell88

Quote Originally Posted by no1here View Post

at one point I actually thought that you had somewhat of a brain that you hadn't fried it all. ............... taking bong hits to abuse the timer is not against the rules so I guess you are correct

First 1234