BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity
    BiTeMe UsAdOj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

^^ Listen u weaselly douche, your own words hang u. YOU said u paid him in cash, no one else. Now ur scrambling for cover of ur TOS violation(s) so u won't get banned. We obviously all want you to make good on ur debts, douche. Lame attempt at deflection. So ur now saying u LIED when u told philly u paid him in cash? Do u have Alzheimer's and don't remember saying that? And listen, twat, u should be banned for the mere fact you're weaselling out of ur LB bets (u owe many)... let alone the fact u admitted to a bannable TOS offense. You're everything that's wrong in a forum community... you're a squirrelly angle shooting freerolling other members lying lil douche canoe. So GFY.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY, JAKEPEAVY21, and bobbywaves

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

tick tock tick tock

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47551

Hopefully sbr does the right thing here and bans him and doesnt let him participate in the college bowl contest.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Agreed, ban him and allow House to get the final spot in the bowl contest. Sucks for Otters about the loan but maybe someone will toss him some points, someone gave him 500 the other day and told him to use them to bet on Arizona (which won) anyway

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Igor..........his co defendant, played the 3pm today....stayed for a few hands....refused to answer any of my questions, then just blinded out.........

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

dhristov211 is the guy that loaned Scarfy the 4k... not Igor. So that's who sniper admitted that he paid cash to for the 4k (dhristov asks in thread how to get hold of him, so mods should ck their PM correspondence for info exchanges).

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51497

Just asked dhristov211 about it myself in the 7 PM tourney - asked him what happened with the loan and his response was "I also want to know". Then went on to ask me if I really believed that snipr paid him cash since "do I also believe that he pays off his poker bets"

But as much as I originally felt snipr should get the benefit of the doubt back when the "four horsemen" theory arose since, to be fair, there wasn't any definitive evidence despite how suspicious the circumstances seemed to be, now everything is pointing in the wrong direction for him.

(1) The numerous people telling of the evidence of the four hoursemen back when it first came to light.
    (2) Him getting temporarily banned for multiple people logging in from the same IP as him
    (3) Him claiming that he is still somehow going to win the poker leaderboard bets (which obviously means he has some kind of loophole in the wording of the bets that he is going to somehow claim that he actually won them - no idea what these are but that's only way that can make any sense).
    (4) Him taking out a 4000 betpoints loan, never making a payment, then soliciting another loan without the original lender screaming bloody murder.
    (5) His OWN admission that the original 4000 betpoints loan was somehow paid off via means which are absolutely forbidden by SBR.

Ok, if there were just one or even two things against him, these could maybe be explained away as innocent misunderstandings/mistakes, but taking these all collectively, I'm afraid I have to agree with everyone else about the banning. Has someone made the admins aware of this thread (in particular his own admission that he broke the rules)? Should be done if it hasn't been already.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

oh shit....guess I should apologize to Igor

SBR is aware of the thread

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

I'd doubt guy paid anything off. Scarfy comes off as just low rent scammer. Hopefully Im wrong but I doubt it.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    I'd doubt guy paid anything off. Scarfy comes off as just low rent scammer. Hopefully Im wrong but I doubt it.
    If he didn't gotta say that's rather amusing that he's completely lying yet his lie may be what ends up getting him banned since he's admitting (falsely or not) to completely breaking SBR's rules. Scamming dhristov or whoever, he likely will get away with since SBR has stated clearly they won't involve themselves in personal loans and so on, thus quietly scamming his lenders would probably let him stay around. But now, his "lie" might result in his boot (I hope!) and thereby his removal from the bowl contest (once more can only hope, it's really a kick in the face to us honest folks that someone who is pretty clearly scamming other posters/SBR gets to compete alongside us).
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BiTeMe UsAdOj

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

It's about time we get another guy like sniper. Maybe not all of the cheating or stiffing, but it's been awhile since a new person showed up, won a handful of tournies, and proclaimed themselves to be the best on the site and/or a professional. Usually we get one of those every 6 months, but we haven't had one since scarfy. Maybe they'll just reuse his picture of his "layout" for multitabling.

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Looks like Scarfy may indeed be banned. LONG LIVE SBR for doing the right thing!

Now a spot opens up in the Bowl contest (hopefully) for an honest, play-by-the-rules member.

No more weaselly bs from this clown stiffing other members left & right.

YOU ROCK, SBR!

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by BiTeMe UsAdOj View Post
    Looks like Scarfy may indeed be banned. LONG LIVE SBR for doing the right thing!

Now a spot opens up in the Bowl contest (hopefully) for an honest, play-by-the-rules member.

No more weaselly bs from this clown stiffing other members left & right.

YOU ROCK, SBR!

wait....is this true?

Slanina
    Slanina's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5895

So does this mean I'm not getting my leaderboard bet paid? Boo! (Wasn't expecting to be paid)

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Appears so, philly.

And slanina, I know you know he was never gonna pay the LB bets he lost. He loved taunting by saying he was going to win those bets (when obviously he wasn't)... by his own words, he never had any intention of paying what he owed. Tried to weasel out of them when the LB tallying went down for a short bit on SBR's end (long ago corrected/fixed).

I think Opti nailed it in a post a month or so ago: Scarfboy played in those early January "for fun" tourneys that ran for a couple weeks before any announced contest/promo. Many didn't even play in those (I played ZERO) and he raced off to a big LB lead (with some, ahem, "assistance" shall we say) and he figured things round here were easy pickins. Worse case scenario in his mind was he was getting a freeroll as he never was gonna pay (his own words confirm that). Then reality set in and he saw he was never going to win the LB... thus, cue the weaselling exit strategy. His smug bs taunting became even more emboldened when he figured nothing was ever gonna happen to him and he'd never face any consequences for his scamming.

Ah... no.
    u BANNED BRO???
    Points Awarded:

brainfreeze gave BiTeMe UsAdOj 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

great work men........quick question though..........why isn't the lender banned as well

3-1LeadBlown
    3-1LeadBlown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Reading this thread makes me happy that dick got banned
    Points Awarded:

BiTeMe UsAdOj gave 3-1LeadBlown 25 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JAKEPEAVY21

Where is the proof that he was banned?

What do you know, Bite?

BiTeMe UsAdOj
    Profundity

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Where is the proof that he was banned?

What do you know, Bite?
    I say "appears so" cuz his "message me" button is gone... historically, that indicates a banning.

JAKEPEAVY21

interesting thanks

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

So if he is banned am I out the points I lent him?
    Points Awarded:

USCPHILLYGUY gave Otters27 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

IlluminatedOne gave Otters27 122 Betpoint(s) for this post.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    So if he is banned am I out the points I lent him?
    here's 50.....maybe poker community will chip in.....I'd suggest being a bit more careful in lending

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    here's 50.....maybe poker community will chip in.....I'd suggest being a bit more careful in lending
    Thanks man. Did not know. Just wanted to loan out points to prevent losing all my points

JAKEPEAVY21

Thanks man. Did not know. Just wanted to loan out points to prevent losing all my points
    like philly said, you really need to look into who you are loaning points to next time..

way too many red flags with this guy over the past year and not a single point sent by him on his last 3k or 4k loan.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

lets get some points together for Otter! Every little bit helps

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Otter next time you have points are worried about blowing them send them to me and Ill send them back to you whenever you want after you cool down.

JAKEPEAVY21

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    lets get some points together for Otter! Every little bit helps
    he seems to be the lovable loser of the forum but to me he is a guy that just doesn't get it

time after time he takes these massive chalk favorites like Brock Landers and get buried. I had sympathy for him for awhile but it's hard for me to sympathize with anyone that does the same thing over and over and expects different results

now he lends to a very high risk poster..probably was the same thing as him placing a bet on a -1000 favorite and getting buried

quit enabling this guy, make him learn the hard lessons so maybe he will get a clue and change the way he goes about things
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Fire in da hole

JAKEPEAVY21

^^
    that sounded kind of harsh but I look at it like coddling a child...at some point you have to let them own the consequences of their decisions if you ever want to see any positive growth.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

the tough love question..........I've always battled with that one

Otters27

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    ^^
    that sounded kind of harsh but I look at it like coddling a child...at some point you have to let them own the consequences of their decisions if you ever want to see any positive growth.
    Peavy. Appreciate the feedback. I have read a few of your post and I am starting to take more control over my bets. So thanks I used to be a good gambler that had discipline. Somewhere along the lines I started wiNing chalk ml and turned 280 into 3k at 5dimes. Ever since then I seem to be chasing that again. Thanks for your bluntness as it has helped me get some perspective

Otters27

Thanks USC and luminator.

3-1LeadBlown

I'll give you 30 points if my in play bet wins(obs going to win)

Otters27

Cool thanks 3-1
    Points Awarded:

3-1LeadBlown gave Otters27 30 SBR Point(s) for this post.

3-1LeadBlown

There you are otters

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO

Is SBR going to confirm/deny whether or not he was actually banned - would definitely like confirmation either way. Or do they keep that kind of thing private?

If he was, I would be glad to send Otters some points as well to help defray the loaned points that he will never get back (sort of a mini-celebration of a longtime scammer getting his deserved punishment). That said, I only want to do that if snipr was actually banned. Those of you who are quite generously sending otters points: do you realize if snipr was actually not banned that you are essentially paying off his loan for him?? That is the LAST thing that I personally want to do, contribute to a scammer being able to avoid his obligation. If snipr wasn't banned, he should be compelled to pay off his loan entirely on his own or at least be labelled a points scammer.

So will SBR make an official comment on this? And while we're at it, why is dhristov maintaining radio silence on this issue (particularly given that I asked him about it yesterday - he clearly knows about it). Seems like if he's innocent in this, he would want the forum to hear his side of it.

First 123 Last