daneault23
    daneault23's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4955

Anyone Gonna Buy Therber's ProComputerGambler MLB Picks?

Dude made a ton of money last baseball season, and was good in other sports too, and has now gone tout. Anyone gonna buy his picks or post them?

dodgerblue
    dodgerblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Will be buying them, but Tom's a really good guy so I won't be posting them publicly (that's just me tho). I'll drop by and let folks know if he catches fire like last year tho. Haven't tracked JJ or LB, but he's the most consistent I saw.

His tout fee is pretty damn small. If he can even recreate 30% of what he had last year, its hugely ROI positive.

daneault23

Dodger, have you been with him since his inception of going tout? How has he been doing?

daddyv
    daddyv's Avatar Become A Pro!

ive been with him for 6 months now...he did well in football n nba(i know hes up 40U in nba..not entirely sure on the units in football but he was def in the green when the season ended)...but has been struggling in college hoops barely breaking even. bases is obviously his main sport so hopefully he can have another good year

Soon2BRich
    Soon2BRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

can i ask how many units in baseball this guy made last year?

Mr. Jones
    Mr. Jones's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've always played my own picks. I have done fairly well over the years. Hoped to post my picks for the first time in 5 yrs, but I got a big move coming up which will mess with the first half of the season. Good luck to all my fellow bases players.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Therber is a class act, wish him the best of luck.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Nope. Waste of money. I know him pretty well and I STILL won't be paying for picks. EVER.

Come up with something of your own, build upon it, then build some more. Test. Find out what went wrong, then build some more. It takes some work.

daneault23

Mebaran, I don't see how it's a waste of money. I believe last season in MLB he made about 200 units lol. Care to elaborate?

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by daneault23 View Post
    Mebaran, I don't see how it's a waste of money. I believe last season in MLB he made about 200 units lol. Care to elaborate?
    Would you expect him to make that much again, or regress a little? How are you gauging his success? By units, or by BTCL? How many plays of his are you gauging your beliefs on?

I have no problem with the guy, he was always pleasant enough..but as a rule, I would never pay for plays. It's more enjoyable to BTCL with your own analysis.

To each his own.

dodgerblue

Like Daddy, been with him since College/Pro Football. That was strong - especially NCAA. College ball, he's up like 6 units - but really barely plays it really. He's smart enough to take no action is he doesn't have a clear point of view. His NBA is up about 50 units, but he's very disciplined. Got there by unit bets ranging from .5 to 3 - no big swings in either direction - very consistent.

Between his service, and SJ for NBA - its the best advice I can find/buy.

Separately, I'm not sure what all this going tout problem is. Personally, I'm really busy at work, and I really have no issues with paying $25/month for something to send the picks to my inbox. Avoids me having to jump on and dig through the forums. I wish others with a strong track record would do it, frankly.

dodgerblue

Quote Originally Posted by mebaran View Post
    Would you expect him to make that much again, or regress a little? How are you gauging his success? By units, or by BTCL? How many plays of his are you gauging your beliefs on?

I have no problem with the guy, he was always pleasant enough..but as a rule, I would never pay for plays. It's more enjoyable to BTCL with your own analysis.

To each his own.
    Simply not time efficient - unless you think its fun. I want to plug in the play and am having fun watching the bankroll grow.

If you want to spend time iterating on analytical models, you're better off looking in the equity markets that have much better profit potential long term than sportsbetting!

frognose20
    frognose20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 185

Im with him now and will be using him for at least the the first half of the season. Will be leaving for basic training and wont be able to do any capping in that time. Just going to have my girlfriend place all his picks for me and hopefully I return with a bigger bank roll

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

GL frognose and thanks for serving. With out people like you, we all will be speaking Arabic.

rkelly110

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Like Daddy, been with him since College/Pro Football. That was strong - especially NCAA. College ball, he's up like 6 units - but really barely plays it really. He's smart enough to take no action is he doesn't have a clear point of view. His NBA is up about 50 units, but he's very disciplined. Got there by unit bets ranging from .5 to 3 - no big swings in either direction - very consistent.

Between his service, and SJ for NBA - its the best advice I can find/buy.

Separately, I'm not sure what all this going tout problem is. Personally, I'm really busy at work, and I really have no issues with paying $25/month for something to send the picks to my inbox. Avoids me having to jump on and dig through the forums. I wish others with a strong track record would do it, frankly.
    Dodger, does he have a web site we can check out?

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good point Dodger...I don't have time either...plus I don't know how to do my own models or anything! HA

dodgerblue

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Dodger, does he have a web site we can check out?
    I'm pretty sure its www.procomputergambler.com

BOL!

rkelly110

Thanks Dodger, I checked out his site. Not good percentage wise. Must be where the
    units bet come into play. I can hit 65% using a same unit size, but lose money. I need
    to figure out a better money management strategy.

VegasGold kicked some serious MLB butt last year, had a bad streak, got bashed by
    some of these inbreds and quit.

dodgerblue

Sure that Tom would respond if he read this, but he too is banned (courtesy of SBR).

He posts on this own website. If you don't want to pay the fee, you can always check out the free daily game leans for NBA for now, and MLB all season long.

BOL folks!

SCRUBZ71
    SCRUBZ71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

I am giving his service some serious thought..

rkelly110

The price is definitely right. I hope he doesn't play FF (1st five innings) teams totals,
    or crap like that.