Alamorich
    Alamorich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fantasy Week 3

Play Ball!

Alamorich

I guess the rules are the rules but the 25 inning minimum rule for pitchers allows for somebody to field a team without any pitchers at all. This loop hole allowed one team to weasle their way to a win by benching a pitcher that as it all turns out got lite up and if he had played would most likely allowed the losing team to have caught up on the last day and gotten a win.

It may be legal to steal a base when a team is up by ten runs but it's not done because is shows a lack of class.

It may be legal to steal sighns but it's not done cause it shows a lack of class.

It may be legal to bench you whole pitching staff because your a head on ERA and you reached your 25 inning minimum but it.............

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

I see nothing wrong with that. You don't always fill a slot just to fill it if the matchups pose potential poor results.

Alamorich

Zero pitchers? Not one single pitcher, not even a reliever? I would have liked to have seen a rule where everybody has to at least put a pitcher in the line-up after they have reached a certain limit. Owners are not responsible for them playing or not but at least have a pitcher slot filled. This is at least a nine man on a side sport.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why? You're also putting yourself in position to be caught on Wins, Saves, and K's. That's 3 columns you can lose ground in, to 2 you can't change.

IMO, it's the job of th eother manager to win. It's not me (or Portland) to put myself in a position to lose.

Winston Smith
    Winston Smith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also, you think that I should have to play a starter every game, whether he's playing the Red Sox/Yankees or the Devil Rays/Royals? I shouldn't be able to make that decision?

I should have to leave a first baseman in against Randy Johnson, even if I have another that's playing in Coors against BY Kim?

Alamorich

Not saying you have to do anything other than fill a pitchers slot. Your the manager, you pick em. This league should mimic the real thing as much as possible. A lineup without any pitcher looks stupid. I am sure the manager of the KC Royals hates to put a pitcher on the mound but he has to cause he has to have on in the field.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by Alamorich
    Not saying you have to do anything other than fill a pitchers slot. Your the manager, you pick em. This league should mimic the real thing as much as possible. A lineup without any pitcher looks stupid. I am sure the manager of the KC Royals hates to put a pitcher on the mound but he has to cause he has to have on in the field.
    This is a fantasy league, not reality. Why does it hae to mimic the real thing? The rules are different.

For instance, I might leave my catcher's spot empty, because McCann is 0 for 5 in his career against Pedro, should I throw him in there just to have a catcher in there, where he will probably lower my week's BA?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Most leagues I've played in to now don't even have a minimum IP rule. I agree it should be higher (say 45 innings, at least five, 9-inning games). But the time to have spoken up about that was before the season started. I heard nothing about it either being too high or too low when I first posted the guidelines.

One heads up on this: If Yahoo! does what they did last year, they will suspend the minimum IP rule during the week of the All-Star Game due to teams only playing 3-4 games that week.

Alamorich

Yes

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    Most leagues I've played in to now don't even have a minimum IP rule. I agree it should be higher (say 45 innings, at least five, 9-inning games). But the time to have spoken up about that was before the season started. I heard nothing about it either being too high or too low when I first posted the guidelines.

One heads up on this: If Yahoo! does what they did last year, they will suspend the minimum IP rule during the week of the All-Star Game due to teams only playing 3-4 games that week.
    Thank you for your opinion Mr. Commisioner. I am a first time Fantasy player so forgive my ignorance. I did not realize the impact of a 25 minimum IP rule.

Please say hello to Bob, Gordon and the rest of the boys.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Please say hello to Bob, Gordon and the rest of the boys.

I really expected to hear something about the 25-inn minimum when I first posted it, and what I excepted to hear were negative comments that it was too high.

Alamorich

To some of you Fantasy League means being able to play the game with a Phantom pitcher or Phantom catcher. Once again the example of the Royals manager...he knows his players suck...knows they are going to get killed but he has to put nine men in the field.

No need to response fellas....I realize now that this is not supposed to mimic the real thing. It has nothing to do with managing a "Fantasy" team. It has more to do with manipulating and manuvering within the system to gain an advantage over the other guy. Lawyers do it all the time when trying to get criminals off the hook. Banks do it all the time when the foreclose on somebody down on their luck. It's the American way.

moses millsap

I'm still wishing the waiting period on trades was cut down to a day, which in reality, works like 2 days basically, because it's the next business day they count. I don't even think half of the GMs are regularly active in there, so it seems unlikely any trade will get vetoed unless it is grossly unfair and posted here on the forum.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    I'm still wishing the waiting period on trades was cut down to a day, which in reality, works like 2 days basically, because it's the next business day they count. I don't even think half of the GMs are regularly active in there, so it seems unlikely any trade will get vetoed unless it is grossly unfair and posted here on the forum.
    I wish GMs would just respond yes or no in a timely manner to a trade proposal. The waiting period is bad enough when there is an agreement my I don't think all managers bother to respond on way or another.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    By the way...who is that Avatar...I have seen her so much that I think I am falling in love with her.

moses millsap

By the way...who is that Avatar...I have seen her so much that I think I am falling in love with her.
    The Donald's daughter

RickySteve
    SBR is a criminal organization
    RickySteve's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

I guess the rules are the rules but the 25 inning minimum rule for pitchers allows for somebody to field a team without any pitchers at all. This loop hole allowed one team to weasle their way to a win by benching a pitcher that as it all turns out got lite up and if he had played would most likely allowed the losing team to have caught up on the last day and gotten a win.

It may be legal to steal a base when a team is up by ten runs but it's not done because is shows a lack of class.

It may be legal to steal sighns but it's not done cause it shows a lack of class.

It may be legal to bench you whole pitching staff because your a head on ERA and you reached your 25 inning minimum but it.............

Portland had the 4th most innings pitched last week, you fuucking idiot. More IP than my opponent. More IP than your pathetic club. So what the fuuck are you crying about?

moses millsap

Assuming nobody checks the trading block thing in the league, so I'll post here. These 3 are available:

Marcus Giles
    Mark Kotsay
    Shawn Chacon

Looking to package 2 for 1 or 3 for 2. Needs are 1B and P.

Alamorich

Here are two I will let go for a closer.

Andy Petite
    Derrik Jeter

Alamorich

Can one of the moderators step in here...I don't need to put up with another poster dropping F bombs on me do I? Bad enough he sends me PMs with foul language...we don't all have to read that crap.

Alamorich

Two of the top teams in the league going at it this week in the Tequilla Slammers and Two Shots & A Beer.

Meanwhile The Jackass and Vegas Knights fight to stay out of last place in the SBR Fantasy League.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Meanwhile The Jackass and Vegas Knights fight to stay out of last place in the SBR Fantasy League.
    Its early, and my team hasnt hit stride yet.

Alamorich

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Its early, and my team hasnt hit stride yet.
    Oh I know it's way too early to start gloating.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Oh I know it's way too early to start gloating.
    Im just glad Batista got lit up today, that killed your era...but dont worry. I have 4 starters going tomorrow, and that will bring my era up to where it should be. Just hope they give me strike outs in return.

Alamorich

I'm used to starting the week with an ERA over nine sad to say. I hope at least one of my young pitchers today doesn't get blown up.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

See, now go look at my era. All my pitchers getting rocked today, except Garland, but he is down 1-0 to KC.

Alamorich

See, now go look at my era. All my pitchers getting rocked today, except Garland, but he is down 1-0 to KC.
    That is one heck of an ERA looker. This is the first week that my pitching hasn't put me in a deep hole. Of course I got rid of all those guys I had the first two weeks.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

That is one heck of an ERA looker. This is the first week that my pitching hasn't put me in a deep hole. Of course I got rid of all those guys I had the first two weeks.
    The highest number wins...right?

Alamorich

The highest number wins...right?
    Well, having 15 of something is usually better than having a 4 of something. I can see your point.

Alamorich

I thought Lilly would get rocked by Yanks so I sit him and he pitches a good game. Left 5 strike outs and a good game ERA sitting on the bench.