Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions 4/17

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Royals suck no doubt, but Contreras -282 this early in the year

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Royals suck no doubt, but Contreras -282 this early in the year
    No doubt OWNED, I might play it for a unit. That price is just too high.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    No doubt OWNED, I might play it for a unit. That price is just too high.
    Thing is, their bullpen is just god awful and I don't trust Mays enough to play the 5 inning line, but again, I think they win this game more than 27.6% of the time, so value on them.

Illusion

I changed my mind OWNED, my early leans are CHW runline, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Cleveland.

moses millsap

Fassero should start tomorrow. From local paper:

Alou said Fassero is a "more likely" candidate than Correia to start Monday's series opener at Arizona.

Illusion

Alou said Fassero is a "more likely" candidate than Correia to start Monday's series opener at Arizona.
    As I said yesterday, if this is the case it will be my first ten unit play of the year.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is good news to hear

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I changed my mind OWNED, my early leans are CHW runline, Pittsburgh, Seattle and Cleveland.
    Happy to see you on Cleveland...Thats the play I have circled right now for tomorrow. I like Byrd to bounce back tomorrow.

* Tigers are 3-12 in Robertson's last 15 starts.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

The over (and Rockies ML) in the SD/COL looks a little tempting after today's 1-0 pitching duel. Colorado got to Young with a couple HRs the last go around in San Diego. He rectified the situation his last time out but it was against a putrid Marlins club. Looking at his #'s from Texas I see he's a flyball pitcher which doesn't bode well for the Padres in that park. Francis is the reason I'm not sold on the ML as he's struggled out of the gate and should help with the over but I may still play the Rockies.

PhilRizzo
    PhilRizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac
    The over (and Rockies ML) in the SD/COL looks a little tempting after today's 1-0 pitching duel. Colorado got to Young with a couple HRs the last go around in San Diego. He rectified the situation his last time out but it was against a putrid Marlins club. Looking at his #'s from Texas I see he's a flyball pitcher which doesn't bode well for the Padres in that park. Francis is the reason I'm not sold on the ML as he's struggled out of the gate and should help with the over but I may still play the Rockies.
    Wass, I was personally leaning towards the under. Definitley low scoring today, but the over has been cashing at Coors this week. Young has good stuff, but I see him giving up some runs. However, I think the diference in this game will be Francis. He has gotten progresivly better in his starts and I think he will pitch lights out tomorrow. Add in an improved Rockies bullpen and Fuentes and I see the under. I think the Rocks will win tomorrow but I probaly won't bet the ML because they are my hometown team.
    Last edited by PhilRizzo; 04-17-06 at 01:36 AM.

bigboydan

yep, looks like Fassero will be starting today.

San Francisco Giants +129
    J. Fassero

Arizona D-Backs -137
    M. Batista

bigboydan

after looking at that cleveland/detroit game indepth this morning. i really do like detroit today. call it a hunch, but i think they win by 3-5 runs today.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Two games to start the week...

Cleveland (P.Byrd) at Detroit (N.Robertson) – 1:05 p.m. ET
    WEATHER: A bit cool (afternoon high 59°), but sunny. Winds ENE 10-20 MPH (out to right).

UMPIRE: Bruce Froemming. Last game he worked the plate was the 4-3, extra inning win for Milwaukee in St. Louis last Thursday. He’s been a pitcher’s umpire so far this season, with the under coming in all three times in his plate games to date.

Paul Byrd makes his third start of the season and is looking to get on track. His most recent start was last Wednesday in Cleveland, and he lasted less than four innings while allowing six runs in an 11-9 loss to the Mariners. This is just his second start against the Tigers since 2003, and he won the previous outing pitching strong into the 8th-inning. The only Detroit batter to give him much trouble is Dmitri Young who is on the DL. Magglio Ordoñez (.143, 21 AB) has struggled against Byrd in the past.

Nate Robertson is also making his third start this year and, like Byrd, owns a 1-1 record so far. He pitched better in his loss at home to the White Sox last Wednesday than he did in his win against the Rangers in Texas on Apr 6. He comes in 1-2 in his last nine start against Cleveland, a 4.45 ERA over 55.2 IP. In 37 career starts at Comerica, he’s 10-14 with a 4.38 ERA. Ronnie Belliard (.364, 22 AB), Casey Blake (.318, 3 HR, 22 AB) and Jhonny Peralta (.545, 11 AB) have eaten his lunch in the past.

MY PLAY: I like the even-up bet on the Indians. It’s a getaway game for both teams and the umpires, so I’m expecting Froemming to hold to the large strike zone he’s had this season and am tempted to also put a half-unit on the under 9½.

Atlanta (J.Sosa) at New York (P.Martinez) – 7:10 p.m. ET
    WEATHER: Partly cloudy with a game time temp in the low-to-mid 50s. Winds NE at 10-15 MPH (in from right).

UMPIRES: New crew.

Jorge Sosa is making his third start of the year and can’t do any worse than he’s done in the previous two that saw him take the loss each time. He lasted just 2.1 innings in his first start and four in his next one, allowing eight earned runs and six walks in his combined 6.1 IP. Sosa has made three relief appearances against the Mets in his career, compiling a 4.50 ERA in two innings while issuing four free passes. He’s thrown just once before at Shea, allowing a hit, two walks and an earned run without getting an out in that appearance. Sosa basically throws BP to Carlos Delgado (.480, 6 HR, 4 BB, 25 AB), so that will certainly be one matchup to watch in this one.

Pedro Martinez is 2-0 with a 3.46 ERA in his two starts so far this season. His control was off in a 10-5 win over Washington in start #1, but he came back with seven innings of 3-hit, 1-BB ball in the much ballyhooed second start against the Nats in DC. Martinez is 8-3 in his last 17 starts at Shea (counting his first go this season), and he’s 3-2 with a 1.95 ERA in his most recent five starts against the Braves. Brian Jordan has hit .300 against Pedro (6-for-20), but Martinez has also whiffed Jordan half the time in those 20 at bats. Marcus Giles is 5-for-11 lifetime against Martinez. The Jones Boys, Larry and Andruw, are a combined 10-for-66 (.151) with 18 K when facing Martinez. Larry, aka Chipper, is currently on the DL so Pedro will have one less easy out in the ATL lineup.

MY PLAY: As hot as the Mets are right now, no way I bet against Pedro in this one. With the -210 on the Metropolitans, maybe I slide down and only put a half-unit on the game, but I definitely put it on New York.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it possible to parlay a team money line and a team total runs? For example, Cleveland money line is -104 right now and Cleveland team total is Over 4 -110. Could I parlay those two together to get +3.74?? Thanks.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mlwitchking
    Is it possible to parlay a team money line and a team total runs? For example, Cleveland money line is -104 right now and Cleveland team total is Over 4 -110. Could I parlay those two together to get +3.74?? Thanks.
    Unfortunately not.

mlwitchking
    mlwitchking's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never mind.

moses millsap

Anybody know what the opener was for the total in Arizona? Thanks.

(Missed placing a bet again today, b/c I was asleep and thought there was only one morning game in Boston, but it would've been on the Tigers, so I'm glad I didn't wake up, lol )

Justin
    Justin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow I was on the Mariners pretty big. What a horrible beat.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure what the opener was OWNED, you like over?

Mariners backers (and people who hate the Red Sox) just took a rough loss.

bigboydan

that loss reminded me of that A's/red sox game a few years back on patriots day. the exact scenerio.

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Justin
    Wow I was on the Mariners pretty big. What a horrible beat.
    I finally get a chance to sleep in and I wake up to that shit. What a start to my day.

bigboydan

boy, i'm glad i passed on this game. i would have been fumming if i had seattle today.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2119

Padres +112 (10 units)

The Padres look solid tonight as a live dog. Last week Colorado swept the Pads at Petco Park. The Rockies outscored the Padres 32-12 in the series. Look for the Padres to make a statement and roll past the Rockies. C. Young is probably the Padres 2nd best pitcher and can definitely throw the ball. Lets all cash with this one and good luck everyone.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Not sure what the opener was OWNED, you like over?

Mariners backers (and people who hate the Red Sox) just took a rough loss.
    I'm looking at it. Maybe at Over 11 +165, but won't have the ump info until 30 minutes before gametime

Illusion

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    boy, i'm glad i passed on this game. i would have been fumming if i had seattle today.
    That's exactly how I feel, but I'm winning my Cleveland bet and I have a monster bet later tonight against Fassero, so all should be good.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21
    Padres +112 (10 units)
    Tu tienes cojones mas grande, compadre!

I like Chris Young, but he's a fly ball pitcher and they are a tough gamble in Coors.

moses millsap

SF/Arizona total down to 9.5

I'm confused, very confused.

Illusion

SF/Arizona total down to 9.5

I'm confused, very confused.
    It makes no sense to me either OWNED.

moses millsap

It makes no sense to me either OWNED.
    I mean both of them have had relative success against their opponents, but come on, it's Fassero and Batista.

bigboydan

Pujols just tonked a 2 run shot for st.louis.

this guy looks like he's in prime form already, and it's only April

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Pujols just tonked a 2 run shot for st.louis.

this guy looks like he's in prime form already, and it's only April
    He is now the most feared batter in baseball!! He took
    over for bonds!! Now he will be walked once or twice
    a game!!!

His stats are amazing. He is one of the best of all time!!

bigboydan

i'm suprised that the reds didn't walk him yesterday in the 9th inning. especialy after he already had 2 homeruns on the day.

moses millsap

Splendid fielding by the Marlins to start out the 2nd inning. Should be two errors, but they only get marked for one

bigboydan

i just seen that one myself owned.

1234 ... Last