stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32303

Dan Patrick says Braves will win the NL East

Not the Phillies.

Interesting.

Here's the thing, Braves back end of the rotation can not match up with Philly's back end,

greenshark11
    greenshark11's Avatar Become A Pro!

heck yeah... shes hot and she knows what shes talkin about hah jk its all gonna depend on how heyward chipper uggla and possibly feeman to see if the offense can out score other teams. I know the back end is week but i think the braves can hold their own till the deadline and get some good relievers and go deep in the post season. I hope to see it happen

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

phillies huge fav to win div...worth a shot yes..pound the bet not for me

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

I really like Philadelphia to take the NL East.

dskibin2
    dskibin2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

I guess it depends what you're considering the back end. Minor has a chance to be very exciting this year, and Jurrjens and Beachy are both intriguing. Hanson is the obviously the ace of the staff, and he's still getting better. The Braves rotation falls behind when you talk about the veterans. Lowe and Hudson simply aren't on the same planet as Halladay/Oswalt/Lee.

Also, the Braves mix of youth and experience in the pen should hold up nicely this season.. I'd definitely feel more comfortable with a lead in Atlanta than Phili

Giant Rebels
    Giant Rebels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1268

I hope so but man Phils are stout.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

The Phillies (especially Utley and Rollins) are starting to break down a little physically. I think they've gotta be considered the favorites, but a Braves division win wouldn't be a total shocker.

goblue1988
    goblue1988's Avatar Become A Pro!

Can Jair Jurrjens pitch a full season? Remains to be seen.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

no chance

GotWood?
    GotWood?'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see it.....The Braves had a huge lead last year and when the Phillies got healthy, they rolled right by them. The Phillies had most so many injuries last year, Howard, Utley, (missed like 50 games) Rollins (missed most of the year) Polanco, Victorino, Ruiz, and Ibanez was recovering early from an injury the year before, the only one that stayed healthy was Werth. All these players except Ruiz had career low offensive numbers and they still won by 6 games after being 5 back at the midway point.

Now replace Moyer with Lee and Kendrick with Oswalt and slide Hamels down to the #3 slot, where he got no run support last year in the #2 slot and you're looking at a huge difference.

The Phillies have a better lineup, rotation, and bullpen. They know how to win and know when to flip the switch and turn it on. They might not be the longball team they once were, but with their pitching they don't need to be, and they also have a lot of speed which they really didn't use last year.

The Braves are a bad team on the road, and no way they match their home record last year, which was the best in baseball.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

What's a Dan Patrick?

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by GotWood? View Post
    I don't see it.....The Braves had a huge lead last year and when the Phillies got healthy, they rolled right by them. The Phillies had most so many injuries last year, Howard, Utley, (missed like 50 games) Rollins (missed most of the year) Polanco, Victorino, Ruiz, and Ibanez was recovering early from an injury the year before, the only one that stayed healthy was Werth. All these players except Ruiz had career low offensive numbers and they still won by 6 games after being 5 back at the midway point. Now replace Moyer with Lee and Kendrick with Oswalt and slide Hamels down to the #3 slot, where he got no run support last year in the #2 slot and you're looking at a huge difference. The Phillies have a better lineup, rotation, and bullpen. They know how to win and know when to flip the switch and turn it on. They might not be the longball team they once were, but with their pitching they don't need to be, and they also have a lot of speed which they really didn't use last year. The Braves are a bad team on the road, and no way they match their home record last year,
    which was the best in baseball.
    ya but when the phils got healthy chipper, jj,heyward prado just to name a few missed a shit load of games and are you kidding me that the phils have a better lineup and bullpen????? ibanez is finished utley and rollins are always injured, werth is gone brown is out they will have troule scoring runs and they will loose alot of 3-2 2-1 games

Sdotbold
    Update your status
    Sdotbold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 148

phillies will have trouble scoring runs, shit last year they couldnt score runs after the first month. hopefully the four aces stay healthy this year, and pitch deep into games. middle relief is shaky at best, and they also need another right handed bat in the lineup. if they think john mayberry and ben francisco are the answer , we are in trouble.

GotWood?
    GotWood?'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    ya but when the phils got healthy chipper, jj,heyward prado just to name a few missed a shit load of games and are you kidding me that the phils have a better lineup and bullpen????? ibanez is finished utley and rollins are always injured, werth is gone brown is out they will have troule scoring runs and they will loose alot of 3-2 2-1 games

I would take Lidge, Madson, & Contreras over what the Braves have in the back end anyday. As for the lineup despite all their injuries, the Phillies were still 2nd in the NL in runs scored., they have been in the top 2 for the last 6 years, these guys still have plenty of good years left although it's slowly closing. They will not miss Werth that much, as good as he was, he was brutal with runner's in scoring position and left a lot of runs out there.
    Last edited by GotWood?; 03-15-11 at 12:27 PM.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry dan patrick, but you are WRONG

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

Quote Originally Posted by GotWood? View Post
    I would take Lidge, Madson, & Contreras over what the Braves have in the back end anyday. As for the lineup despite all their injuries, the Phillies were still 2nd in the NL in runs scored., they have been in the top 2 for the last 6 years, these guys still have plenty of good years left although it's slowly closing. They will not miss Werth that much, as good as he was, he was brutal with runner's in scoring position and left a lot of runs out there.
    kimbrel venters moylan > lidge contreras madson

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

phillies don't manufacturer runs they get runs in bulk through the hr. they are an very old team that has already seen injury news. so if these power guys go down for a extended period of time they will lose that power. sure the pitching can keep the games low scoring but they still have to find a way to get runs with the hr. its worth a shot with the braves depending on what the odds are.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVES1985 View Post
    bingo