Mike Rose
    Mike Rose's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking for fresh opinions (MIL/STL)

The Brew Crew rolled up and smoked these guys the last time they paid a visit to Busch. Do they get the best of them again in this two-game set, or do the Cardinals buckle down and finally start making their run towards the playoffs?

Let's get the discussion going here people!!!

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

I don't like betting St/ Louis games. They look like a great team one night and then look like the Nationals the next. In my opinion this game isn't worth touching.

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rose View Post
    The Brew Crew rolled up and smoked these guys the last time they paid a visit to Busch. Do they get the best of them again in this two-game set, or do the Cardinals buckle down and finally start making their run towards the playoffs?

Let's get the discussion going here people!!!
    not too excited about this game. It's too even. May go down to the wire. Neck and neck. Don't like those types of games..

Mike Rose

granted, there's not much value on either side toinght as it will no doubt be a competitive game. Both Sheets and especially Wellemeyer have been lights out of late.

That said; I'm just trying to get a feel for what everyone thinks about these teams.

Is MIL playoff bound and for real, or will LaRussa's Redbirds go on a run to compete with the Brewers and or Mets/Phillies/Dodgers/D'Backs for the Wild Card??

all comments welcome and appreciated.....

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree that this game is a tossup. However, I think the Cards take this one. Wellemeyer has been good lately, Sheets has struggled. And I think the Cards are gonna come into this game surging.

I would stay away though.

Mike Rose

You would think STL would come into this one with its blood boiling after getting swept the last time they saw this team. A pair of one-run defeats, a shut-out, and an extra innings loss.

Wellemeyer lost to Sheets 4-3 in the final meeting, but still pitched rather well.

Both starters come into this one on extended rest (Sheets = 7 days) and (Wmeyer = 6 days)

Would love to get ump info as this looks to be a good spot to go under the 8...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Cardinals are my POD. Wellemeyer is good again after a bit of a dead arm period mid-year, Sheets is off of one of his worst starts of the year and the Cards are the more desperate team needing to win to keep contact. Oh yeah, and that revenge thing too.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

I'm on the Brewers. I'll take Sheets and the Crew + money any day of the week...

ICE-BLOOD
    ICE-BLOOD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7632

the under looks good here from the starting pitchers form

Mike Rose

That was ugly from the get go....congrats Milwaukee backers!!!