Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you Parlay?

Just started betting a month or so ago, and I was just wondering if any of you parlayed on a consistent basis... Any tips on weather to parlay or not to parlay would be appreciated... Thanks.

oddsmaker
    oddsmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingctb27 View Post
    Just started betting a month or so ago, and I was just wondering if any of you parlayed on a consistent basis... Any tips on weather to parlay or not to parlay would be appreciated... Thanks.

Parlay (3 Teams) 07/16/08 18:13 ET
    bet 394.00 to win 2,614.73 Result: Pending
    Padres(SanDiego) Peavy
    Cardinals(StLouis) Lohse 07/17/08(20:15 ET)
    Under 7.5
    Pirates(Pittsburgh) Maholm
    Rockies(Colorado) Jimenez 07/17/08(21:05 ET)
    Under 9.5 (even)
    Tigers(Detroit) Rogers
    Orioles(Baltimore) Olson 07/17/08(19:05 ET)
    Under 10 (even)

answer ur question?

I parlay for the fun not for the profit.

usually you'll loose a parlay.

awholelottalumps
    awholelottalumps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

3 Selections And No More Then That.

Well I parlay on a regular basis since I usually don't play on a huge bankroll usually around $300-$500.I wouldn't recommend betting on more then 3 games though as anything over that is asking a lot and you'll lose most of the time.In baseball I usually do a 3 team parlay with two teams on the run line and one on the moneyline,but whatever combination you feel works for you then go with it.Again not more then 3 selections as the more picks you have the tougher it becomes.Well good luck.

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm to the point now where i stay away from parlays all together, or at least bet each parlay selection individually for quite a bit more than your parlayed amount. Few things suck as bad as getting 2 out of 3 games right on the night and still losing money because you parlayed them. Once college FB rolls around i'll play some 3 to 5 team moneyline parlays, had success in the past with them

wallym
    wallym's Avatar Become A Pro!

As for me, if I'm confident on my picks, I parlay them since it increases my risk-reward ratio. And with a small bankroll to start with, parlays seem to be more attractive than doing flat betting....just my thoughts...

edit: forgot to add...the round-robin parlays are nice too...

Kingctb27
    Kingctb27's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is a round robin? Sorry for being a noob.

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by Kingctb27 View Post
    What is a round robin? Sorry for being a noob.
    one of my favorite bets but I use reverse's instead of parlays but basically the same concept.

pick 3 teams I normally use dogs

as long as two win you can normally win money as long as your not playing heavy favorites since the payoff is less with large negative odds

example if use mets dodgers padres as the teams

3 bets

parlay 1 mets dodgers
    parlay 2 mets padres
    parlay 3 dodgers padres