oddsmaker
    oddsmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sunday Parlay w/WRITE UP

Parlay (2 Teams) 07/05/08 23:57 ET
    bet 500.00 to win 1,452.38 Result: Pending

RedSox(Boston) Wakefield
    Yankees(NewYork) Chamberlain 07/06/08(20:10 ET)
    Under 9 (-105)

Tigers(Detroit) Robertson
    Mariners(Seattle) RSmith 07/06/08(16:10 ET)
    Under 9 (even)

RedSox/Yankees

When I noticed the line I had to hammer the under. In the past 3 games Wakefield and Chamberlain have a combined era average of 3.36. The under is also 6-2-1 in the RedSox last 9 games on grass. Under is 6-2 for the Yank's at home and on grass too. The total 9 is a bit high and is quickly moving down to 8.5 at some books already.

Tigers/Mariners

At first glance I thought the over looked really solid for this game however after further review I feel solid about the under. Expect a ton of hits but low scoring. Usually it doesn't make since to bet the under with tons of hit in play but I expect a quick 9 innings and a 3-2 game of sorts.

Although Robertson and Rowland-Smith haven't been showing their best era the past couple games don't fall trap to this one. Expect them to stay below average (5.56 era and 3.05).

DazeyBlazer
    DazeyBlazer's Avatar Become A Pro!

listen. coming from someone who has watch every Jobas games...he is NOT good...he has no control whatsover...he has not strike zone whatsoever....he has played against shitty offenses and has been hanging on threads and just making it out in time just before getting pulled....i thought Texas would seal his fate and drive in some runs on the fat bastard....but after as i predicted loading up the bases in the first 2 innings with walks, texas began swinging at everything! and striking out! all they had to do was no swing at anything and they would have scored 5 runs...but theyonlymanaged to get 2 runs in the first 2 but they still managed to win...but in all his games.regardless he has been playing against the most terrible offenses and getting himself in jams and not getting himself out of them like the media is portraying it, more like the offenses getting themselves out. i believe boston will put joba in his place...especially under the primetime sunday lights....CANT FREAKIN WAIT!

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scary scary scary...

Never know whether Wakefield's knuckler will be dancing or not...

Then if Robertson gets chased, you are dealing with a pathetic Tiger bullpen... good luck man should be a tough day of baseball.

johnnymapalo
    johnnymapalo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 928

Man, some a you peoples are hilarious. Yesterday, when I jumped on the boston vs Yankees under 9.5 people were laughing and questioning me. Now that people saw the game last night at a score of 2-1 everyone and their mama is jumping on the under 9 bandwagon. I hope u people know what your doing because yesterday was the best under in my opinion. I wouldn't play the under today.. Who knows, maybe the under will reign in again. Also, that Detroit vs Seattle under is pretty risky. Some a you people are drawing at straws here. Good luck anyways...

awatkins011
    awatkins011's Avatar Become A Pro!

I played the over 9 on DET/SEA

oddsmaker
    oddsmaker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by johnnymapalo View Post
    Man, some a you peoples are hilarious. Yesterday, when I jumped on the boston vs Yankees under 9.5 people were laughing and questioning me. Now that people saw the game last night at a score of 2-1 everyone and their mama is jumping on the under 9 bandwagon. I hope u people know what your doing because yesterday was the best under in my opinion. I wouldn't play the under today.. Who knows, maybe the under will reign in again. Also, that Detroit vs Seattle under is pretty risky. Some a you people are drawing at straws here. Good luck anyways...
    I made a thread yesterday about the under. So I guess we both cashed. However tonight I expect the under to hit. So we will see who is right.

Regardless Detriot looks like the under is coming in whenever someone freaking scores (right now it's in the 11th inning tied 1-1)

Let's hope it stays under 9 tonight for the Yankees.

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

PROJECTED SCORE 9 runs

Red Sox: Tim Wakefield has been fairly solid in his last seven starts yet he only has two wins to show for it. Wakefield has given up three earned runs or less in each of his last seven outings, going at least seven innings each time. In fact, the Red Sox have lost two of his last three starts, and he is just 1-4 on the road with a 4.02 ERA. He has also struggled during his career against the Yankees with a 9-16 mark with a 5.03 ERA.

PROJECTED SCORE: 3

Red Sox are 4-11 in their last 15 games as an underdog.

The UNDER is 7-2-1 in Boston's last 10 games on grass.

NONE.

Yankees (-160, O/U 9): Deuces are wild for Joba Chamberlain through his first six career starts, as he is 2-2 with a 2.22 ERA. Not surprisingly, he allowed two runs last time out against Texas on Tuesday, going just four innings in a 3-2 loss. Chamberlain has yet to go a full seven innings in any of his starts, and he is 1-1 at home with a 3.18 ERA.

PROJECTED SCORE: 6 (Side Play of the Day)

Yankees are 20-6 in their last 26 Sunday games.

The UNDER is 10-3 in New York's last 13 home games.
    OF Johnny Damon (.319; shoulder) is OUT.

OF Hideki Matsui (.323; knee) is on the 15-day DL.