ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

any value on tb-145 today

is that too much to lay with sonnanstine? is he any worse than greinke?
    tb wins 3 of every 4 at home so, theoretically, anything at -200 or better is value right?

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wouldn't lay it on Sonnanstine. He's really inconsistent. There is a chance that the Royals win with Greinke on the mound.

Olocks
    Olocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

There Hot but I'm staying away. I rather wait for Shields tomorrow.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the over for the FF. Sonnastine fills the zone with strikes, and has some mediocre stuff. Kansas City has been seeing the ball well the past week, and Tampa has so many lefties that they should hit the right-handed Greinke, who is ok against left handed batters.

buffettgambler
    buffettgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Right now, its hard for a fundamental handicapper to make a case that the Rays are not an overvalued team, and being priced as they have been can be expected to be an +EV bet on a forward looking basis. The Rays series against the Red Sox have solidified them as perceived contenders by the marketplace. Everyone wants to ride their streak, and in order to do so, you will have to pay for an intangible premium that should not be deemed long term sustainable. On a fundamental basis, there is nothing that warrants their current market price on today’s game. They have been able to mask this 10 to 25 cent daily premium by overachieving all season. Soon or later, this priced for perfection team, will play at a level of their true worth- a level that should produce losses if continually priced the way they have been.

I would recommend shying away from this team now. If you rode them during the first half, congrats. If you are thinking about jumping on their backs now, you may be in for a disappointment.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by buffettgambler View Post
    Right now, its hard for a fundamental handicapper to make a case that the Rays are not an overvalued team, and being priced as they have been can be expected to be an +EV bet on a forward looking basis. The Rays series against the Red Sox have solidified them as perceived contenders by the marketplace. Everyone wants to ride their streak, and in order to do so, you will have to pay for an intangible premium that should not be deemed long term sustainable. On a fundamental basis, there is nothing that warrants their current market price on today’s game. They have been able to mask this 10 to 25 cent daily premium by overachieving all season. Soon or later, this priced for perfection team, will play at a level of their true worth- a level that should produce losses if continually priced the way they have been.

I would recommend shying away from this team now. If you rode them during the first half, congrats. If you are thinking about jumping on their backs now, you may be in for a disappointment.
    Good Post!

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2129

I have Tampa at -136 (matchbook)

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Z. Greinke KC vs. A. Sonnanstine TB
    7-4 Record 9-3
    3.65 ERA 4.60
    89 K 67
    34 BB 19
    1.27 WHIP 1.39

When the better pitcher is a +140 dog it has good value.

ryanXL977

the rays are playing the royals, at home
    what should the line be?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by ryanXL977 View Post
    the rays are playing the royals, at home
    what should the line be?
    Why are you discounting the Royals? They split the series 2-2 with both Yankees and Orioles on the road the last 30 days.

ryanXL977

the royals are not good
    so they split with nyy and balti? is that impressive? those teams are not in tbs league as of now

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90434

cg

yes they were
    Last edited by pimike; 07-05-08 at 10:35 PM. Reason: h