wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

its funny

basketball fans get pissed off about miami getting the big 3, but no one says a word about boston stockingpiling the best players. what a team they have built.

CapsFan
    CapsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ummmm baseball fans complain about this all the time

See the New York Yankees lol

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Actually, I don't find the revenue disparity between the upper class and lower class of Major League Baseball teams to be in the least bit amusing.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

its the way they signed with miami that pissed ppl off

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Well, at least Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford didn't go dancing like little bitches like those fukks from Miami.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah thats true. didnt think about it that way. I hate both teams

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

It sucks that 23-25 teams had no shot to get Crawford, what can be done though? For Gonzalez they did give up 3 of their top prospects.

DeeWizzle
    DeeWizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Quote Originally Posted by tripleblack1705 View Post
    It sucks that 23-25 teams had no shot to get Crawford, what can be done though? For Gonzalez they did give up 3 of their top prospects.
    Same can be said for Queen James

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Quote Originally Posted by DeeWizzle View Post
    Same can be said for Queen James
    I don't take that as a knock on the player though as you currently clearly are.

I'm a Wiz fan, have been for quite some time, and my squad did have room for at least one Max guy this offseason if they wanted; yet on every ESPN list of teams with room they wouldn't even be listed. Why? Cuz theres no chance the guy himself wanted to go to the team. That's what free agency is all about, being able to pick a team and sign with them. If you had the choice between making a team that would be one of the best in the league in Miami from the get-go, or go to a team like the Wizards (even with John Wall), why would he?

Those teams that are smart enough don't even waste their time competing.

I can't wait for a baseball GM, and manager to take the approach the spurs do; it allows them to compete as a minor market in a state with multiple other nba franchises. Like you don't see one team that consistently makes the playoffs EVERY SINGLE YEAR, is considered dangerous regardless come playoff time, and is built off of guys in their scouting and personnel departments picking guys that have the right attitude, and just enough skill to fit into Pop's brilliant system. Guys like Gary Neal, Bruce Bowen (yeah I know he's retired), Matt Bonner, DeJuan Blair (goddamn wizards got fleeced), McDyess, Manu &Tony (both later draft picks)...guys from all different backgrounds that they didn't give up barely anything for. But they don't swing and miss with personnel moves; people were worried this offseason what would happen with Richard Jefferson...and he gave up money to come back and play and started off the season great..

When it's time for Free agency, their main guys ALWAYS come back, regardless of opportunities from other teams. I knew no matter how hard I wished, the wizards weren't going to turn Ricky Rubio into Manu, regardless of rumors he was being made available.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

yep Baseball is broken, not sure what can be done.

Just happy to be a National league fan, its less like Wall Street

PittsburghPlayer
    PittsburghPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10667

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    yep Baseball is broken, not sure what can be done.

Just happy to be a National league fan, its less like Wall Street
    Congratulations on the World Series Championship for the Giants.
    What can be done to make a change involves fans sticking together and stop paying the salaries of the players. Since it will not happen, kinda sux.

Giants for a repeat!

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

When will a city East of Toronto get a MLB team (Hartford, Raleigh, etc..) so we would be the most Western geographic city in the AL East, and potentially get moved to the Central?

Until then or until the Sox and Yanks lose their paybooks, baseball will never be exciting again.

smitch124
    smitch124's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1547

Quote Originally Posted by smitch124 View Post
    yep Baseball is broken, not sure what can be done. Just happy to be a National league fan, its less like Wall Street
    Well so much for this quote

Quote Originally Posted by PittsburghPlayer View Post
    Congratulations on the World Series Championship for the Giants. What can be done to make a change involves fans sticking together and stop paying the salaries of the players. Since it will not happen, kinda sux. Giants for a repeat!
    Thanks Jim, was a great ride. I don't see it happening again but right now I'm happy with one. Never thought I'd see it