fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Friday Interleague Value Plays

After a roller coaster of a game in Tampa, I went 2-1 +1.26 units. I'm looking to continue my magic today.

Pirates +140
    Pros: Yes, that says Pirates. I know going with the worst interleague team is risky, but it is less risky when they are at home. I think the Pirates have been coming really close to beating these AL teams the past couple of days. The Pirates' pitching staff has a 5.14 ERA, the worst in the majors, but pitching at home compared to the road has made a big difference. Pittsburgh has a 6.59 ERA on the road, but that number dips to 3.79 at PNC Park. The Pirates are the dogs here with Zach Duke, an underrated pitcher, on the mound versus a team that cannot score. So here is the scenario: you are betting on a team that has a pretty good offense at home versus a team that has problems scoring and seems to only play well at Rogers Centre. Offense will be even more of a problem for the Jays since Halladay will have to hit.

Cons: Halladay is a former cy young winner.

Rangers -125
    Pros: The Rangers will dominate this game. A consistent starter versus one of the worst teams in baseball. Hopefully, the Texas offense will dominate the Nats. Tim Redding pitches worse at home with a 3-3 record and a 4.74 ERA. While Millwood has been worse on the road, don't expect the atrocious Nats offense to produce anything.

Cons: The Rangers have the worst bullpen in the majors. You would think I'd have learned my lesson after yesterday's shinanagans. I think the Rangers will be able to give their bullpen a big cushion in this one.

Braves -135
    Pros: I don't think this one even needs an explanation. Seattle is the worst team in the majors. Even Erik Bedard has been awful, at least on the road.

Cons: There are none.

Rays RL +145
    Pros: This one seems pretty easy. Rays are absolutely dominant at home. They are facing an awful road team. The Astros cannot score on the road. Garza's been a stud at home: 4-0 record 2.19 ERA. The Rays have won 25 of their last 29 at home.

Cons: none

Croatia -137
    I got this line yesterday cuz I knew it would get worse. Turks are without their goalkeeper. The Croats are the better team. Turks just got lucky.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow. Today did not go nearly as planned. Hopefully I can settle for 2-3 with a rangers victory.