j$
    j$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Mets fire Randolph!!!

Last edited by j$; 06-17-08 at 03:36 AM.

j$

Fade Santana tomorrow....Angels win

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm surprised they did it so late in the evening/early morning. Jerry Manuel will be coaching tonight.

j$

Im on Angels tomorrow.....How can u fade Sciosa and the ralley monkey....Angels hit lefties as well as any team 12-3

j$

Too bad Im on the Celts or else u could say im going all LA....Dodgers/Angels but no Lakers

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Mets cashed for me last night, but I'm probably gonna stay away tonight. Good luck on your bets.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's so stupid that they fired Randolph. I liked him as a manager, even though i am a Yanks fan. What these guys like Steinbrenner and Wilpon don't understand is that it's their players that aren't producing, not the managers. Willie Randolph didn't lose the 7-game lead in the division last september. These guys just need someone to blame.

slow money
    slow money's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Maybe there's something in the water?!

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I think it was time for a change. They melted down like a broken nuclear reactor in the playoffs last year......now they are a sub .500 team. This is a team that should be on cruise control right now. I have a feeling a lot of the guys in the clubhouse didn't like him....and didn't like playing for him.

Dump him now before the All-Star break and maybe turn the ship around. Good move.

buztah
    buztah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JBC77 View Post
    I think it was time for a change. They melted down like a broken nuclear reactor in the playoffs last year......now they are a sub .500 team. This is a team that should be on cruise control right now. I have a feeling a lot of the guys in the clubhouse didn't like him....and didn't like playing for him.

Dump him now before the All-Star break and maybe turn the ship around. Good move.
    I am the biggest Yankee fan of all time and I LOVE Willie but this is a smart move for the Mets. After the meltdown, Willie could have kept his job if he lit a fire under this team's ass this season but they have been lackluster. This shake up should spark em.

j$

I dont think its going to spark them at all today Angels win

Bet Shooter
    Bet Shooter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by buztah View Post
    I am the biggest Yankee fan of all time and I LOVE Willie but this is a smart move for the Mets. After the meltdown, Willie could have kept his job if he lit a fire under this team's ass this season but they have been lackluster. This shake up should spark em.
    Ditto on the Yankees and Willie but:

This should have been done last year. Better late than never. But kinda Bush league to do it on the west coast. This will be a little trouble for the front office in the eyes of the NY fans and media.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

willie was awful
    he really was
    he is worse than girardi
    he is worse than cecil cooper

Jelly Phillips
    Jelly Phillips's Avatar Become A Pro!

Minaya is a idiot!

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes he is
    pedro
    delgado

did he deal kazmir? that alone shuld cost him the jbo

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

Randolph was a beloved guy by the players.

I'm putting an extra few helpings on the Angels tonight, I don't think the Mets' hearts will be in it at all.