ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Fading the Public in Baseball?

Know a guy over on another site that's been doing it and is averaging +3.8 units weekly through 9 weeks.

Anyone done this before? I am thinking of doing it and fading a 70% or more play by the public.

Does anyone have information based on the last few years? Are we allowed to talk about other websites on this forum? I have a question about a service that gives you #'s on where the money is.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

It seems to be a good angle to use.

http://www.sportsinsights.com/sports...tics_2007.aspx

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

that system goes on hot and cold streaks too. the only reason you fade the public is when you know the money is on one team because they love it not because they have a better chance of winning.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

There are several articles on this subject here:

http://www.sportsinsights.com/bettin...thepublic.aspx

FYI, BPS has had better results from May 1 on the last three years.

ShowMeDaMoney

So I read that article and it says the 30% threshold holds up best for the system. That means taking the team with 30% of the bets on them?

Article is a bit confusing. Considering trying this out for the next two months as June and July are supposedly the best months to fade the public.

Also been watching LT's BPS system and may incorperate that and possibly double the size of the bets if it applies to the BPS as well.

Any help appreciated. It concerns me a bit fading the public when sportsinsights.com only has a few hundred bets recorded for each game. Isn't that a fairly small sample size?

ShowMeDaMoney

I also see the 50% threshold is +71 units in the last few years? How is that possible? Am I reading this data wrong?

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting against the Public means going against a lot of great pitchers for no other reason than "because everyone else is doing it"... I certainly wouldn't care to do this.

nysmoneyman
    nysmoneyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

pat venditto

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you take underdogs when appropriate, you can certainly do well in capping baseball. Let's say you make two underdog bets. If you go 1-1, then you have made profit. If you do that with two favorites, then you lose money.