BankrollBuilding
    BankrollBuilding's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im embarassed to be a Yankee Fan after reading about Cliff Lee's wife

Here we (yankee fans) are, just hoping and praying we can land Cliff Lee next year. He is good friends with CC, a HUGE plus. Also, CC and Lee's wife are very good friends, another HUGE plus.

So what do I read today about how she was treated during the ALCS

excerpt :
    But it doesn't sound like Kristen Lee is much of a Yankees fan after her experience at Yankee Stadium during the ALCS. She told Bob Nightengale of USA Today that while sitting in the visiting family section, she was taunted, cursed, had beer thrown at her and was even spit at from the section above.

Just unbelievable. How do you spit on a friggen woman??? Throw beer at a woman??? Not that if these things were done to a male itd be "ok" but really how big of a wimp, loser scum do you have to be to pour beer or spit on an opposing players WIFE??? Yankee fans claim to be so "passionate" and all this crap but this is just plain old thugidness (is that even a word?)

It just infuriates me that normal people like myself and most of us others have to live on the same earth and breathe the same air as people who would do somethng like that. Then these same fools just wont be able to understand why he doesnt sign with NY after the season

Sometimes, even after being on this earth for 33 years, the scuminess, stupidity, and barbarism of people today just makes me wanna scream. These type of people really should just be shot, total waste of oxygen

BankrollBuilding

It also pisses me off that noone around these fools would stand up and say something. Call me a ratt or whatever but if I saw that Id have NO issue whatsoever getting a cop over there and having them ejected

dodgerblue
    dodgerblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

Unbelievable, but not all the surprising. New York and Boston fans are the most obnoxious in sports - maybe 2nd only to the hooligan rabble rousers around English soccer.

You would think they'd have more than 2 World Series wins under their belts over the past 10 years...

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

great way to get cliff lee to join your club

disgusting behavior though, im surprised nothing was done about it, especially considering they were in the visiting family section

BankrollBuilding

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    great way to get cliff lee to join your club

disgusting behavior though, im surprised nothing was done about it, especially considering they were in the visiting family section

ya exactly, the studliest postseason pitcher weve seen in years, if ever, and our fans are doing their best to chase him off. Just amazing how dumb some people really are.

Theyre prolly bragging to their friends too, "Yo dawg I poured beer and spit on a defenseless woman at the game tonite!!!"

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

If that had happened in my presence I would have done something about it. No matter who's wife it was. Not acceptable to treat a lady like that. You always consider a woman as someone's daughter, sister or wife. uncalled for. Phillies fans are above such dispicable acts. Shame on Yankees fans.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

My father once witnessed a bunch of Pirate fans throw beer and spit on an old man in a Cubs hat that took his grandson to a baseball game. My dad still gets choked up and disgusted when he thinks about it....I HATE the cubs, but that type of ignorance is unbelievable.
    Last edited by WvGambler; 10-26-10 at 04:38 PM.

BRAVES1985
    BRAVES1985's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1975

thats ****** up

BankrollBuilding

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    My father once witnessed a bunch of Pirate fans throw beer and spit on an old man in a Cubs hat that took his grandson to a baseball game. My dad still gets choked up and disgusted when he thinks about it....I HATE the cubs, but that type of ignorance is inbelievable.

This story reminds me of stories I hear about Raider games out here in California. That famous story Rome always tells about Raider fans spitting on 8 year old boys in Miami Dolphin jackets and other countless tales.

You know I can see if two GUYS are wearing opposite jerseys and drunk and start mouthing off and they both wanna fight and something happens. Im not defending or endorsing it but that just "boys will be boys" in a way. But to just literally ASSAULT people, even women, cuz of a sporting event is just inexcusable.

and this is all coming from someone (me) who wouldnt know what to do with my life if I woke up tomorrow and there were no sports lol

BankrollBuilding

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    If that had happened in my presence I would have done something about it. No matter who's wife it was. Not acceptable to treat a lady like that. You always consider a woman as someone's daughter, sister or wife. uncalled for. Phillies fans are above such dispicable acts. Shame on Yankees fans.

Ya, Im glad to hear someone say this. Im not a big guy at all but I feel Id say something as well, even if in turn it ended up getting my face beat in by a group of guys.

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

This is a lot of the reason why being at a game live is becoming less and less enjoyable.....just better to stay home with your beer and your big screen and actually relax and enjoy the game.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Wow. These guys are classless clowns, jeez.

jram68
    tell obama to keep his change
    jram68's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

NY fans arent as bad as philly fans, they would have gang banged here there

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Lee will not go to New York.
    He will win the World Series and stay a Ranger.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

If this took place at dodger stadium, they would blame the Latinos..

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

It was uncalled for. Not all Yankess fans are trash, but like any group a portion of them are. If I was Cliff Lee I would not go to NY. I think the Rangers will be better than NY over the next few yrs with the Yankess aging more at key posistions. I know the Yankess can right blank checks but if the Rangers offered me a strong contract that was close i would stay. He is a folk hero in Texas already and if he goes to the Yankess and heaven forbid lose a playoff game the fans would think he was trash then. Yankees will probably offer him I imagine 20-25 mil a yr for 5 yrs and Texas will probably come in at 17-19 mil a yr for 5 yrs. How many Yachts can you own and water ski behind though?

BankrollBuilding

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    If this took place at dodger stadium, they would blame the Latinos..

If it happened at Dodger stadium, odds are it would be the Latinos

BankrollBuilding

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    It was uncalled for. Not all Yankess fans are trash, but like any group a portion of them are. If I was Cliff Lee I would not go to NY. I think the Rangers will be better than NY over the next few yrs with the Yankess aging more at key posistions. I know the Yankess can right blank checks but if the Rangers offered me a strong contract that was close i would stay. He is a folk hero in Texas already and if he goes to the Yankess and heaven forbid lose a playoff game the fans would think he was trash then. Yankees will probably offer him I imagine 20-25 mil a yr for 5 yrs and Texas will probably come in at 17-19 mil a yr for 5 yrs. How many Yachts can you own and water ski behind though?

Im not sure texas can even muster up 17-19 million/year for him

anjaru
    anjaru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 579

Throw Philly fans into the mix as well.

tmorton
    tmorton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sucks to hear what happened to his wife... I think it would be great if they missed the playoffs next year... can't stand the Yanks!

nobodyukno
    nobodyukno's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only reason this is getting any attention is because its Cliff Lee and the possibility of going to NY next year. If it was some other player's wife it wouldnt be getting nearly as much attention. But if Philly fans did this to some random player, the national media would have this as a top headline for a week.

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

This can happen anywhere. NY isn't the only place people act like degenerates.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Those fans are gonna cost Yankees a couple of more mill a year on his contract offer

SkyKing
    SkyKing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    Unbelievable, but not all the surprising. New York and Boston fans are the most obnoxious in sports - maybe 2nd only to the hooligan rabble rousers around English soccer.

You would think they'd have more than 2 World Series wins under their belts over the past 10 years...

Actually...the Yankees and the Red Sox have won 3 WS between them in the last 10 years, and 7 WS in the last 14 years. Hmmmm....

Also, I can't speak for Yankee fans but whatever gave you the idea that Red Sox fans are some of the "most obnoxious"...?? Have you seen this Forbes report:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...yankee_fa.html

You're forgiven..!!!

Brocc
    Got Surf
    Brocc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4585

Just shows what kind of scumbags New Yooorkers are

And they say Philly fans are bad.

Welcome Home Cliff

KACK
    KACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3495

As a Philly fan... I thank the idiots that turned off Cliff Lee wife to sign with New York... For a player to leave about 30 million dollars on the table says alot about him and what happen to his wife...

ghn999
    ghn999's Avatar Become A Pro!

So true.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

I'd be embarassed to be a Yankee fan in general

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10323

Quote Originally Posted by EXhoosier10 View Post
    I'd be embarassed to be a Yankee fan in general