RickyG033
    RickyG033's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay Idea for the 2011 season

Okay let me preface this by saying that this is something that just popped into my head while driving to work today and wondered if it had any validity.

What if I parlayed $1 on all the favorites ML each day for the 2011 season. I understand trying to cash a 14-15 game parlay every night is a long shot, but it's also low risk. I figured instead of trying to hand pick each game, to just bet the favorites, make it easy.

Anyone try this? Does anyone know if all the favs won on any single night this past season?

Can anyone direct me to archived lines for this season and past seasons? I'll research this.

Thanks.

cubfan2121
    cubfan2121's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

i would try covers.com or vegasinsider
    the only way i can think if to backlog past season is to the go schedule and click each individual day

sound like that would take some work

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

First off I doubt there was a day when all 15 favorites cashed and secondly I don't know if I would want to bank on one for even 1 dollar a day .. secondly if you keep lowering the teams the payout will keep making it less and less worth it to do plus you have to take into account huge moneylines ... I don't know . I would be curious if someone did the research but I would wager to say that it would be a waste of time

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Quote Originally Posted by kevindx1400 View Post
    nice wager
    needed points?

kisado
    kisado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 38

This is the worst parlay idea in the history of sports betting.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

The problem with parlays is you have to take things that will win at a higher percentage because they all must win. The problem with taking a side that wins at higher %'s is the lines are juiced towards favorites much more. If it is not smart to take a play straight up it is not smart to take that play in a parlay.

Something I was thinking about is patterns. let's say you look at the card everyday. Yes new teams everyday but always the same format. let's say there were 10 games everyday. how often does all dogs/favs hit? Likely not often so remove that option. How about only the fav winning all even games... #2,4,6, ect? The dogs winning all odds games? Likely not very often. How about the favs winning the first five games? Or the dogs winning the last five games. Also, unlikely. What about game #1 dog wins, game #2-9 fav wins, game #10 dog wins? Unlikely... What i'm saying is some smart person can find out what patterns happen most often and play those maybe. Likely won't work but I know people have done it with the lottery... not that they have won.