Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Girardi likely to return to Bombers next year. Lee number 1 target.

Yahoo made a really good article about Yankees' offseason project. Gonna sum up the interesting parts but it's a good read overall.

CLIFF LEE AND PITCHING.

“It’s about pitching,” Yankees catcher Jorge Posada(notes) said. “It’s about pitching here. You win series with pitching, and we didn’t do it.”

And thus it triggers a Yankees motto: What thou can’t do, thou shalt get. If it means trading for Zack Greinke(notes), last year’s Cy Young winner now on the block, that would work. Target No. 1 is Lee, and the Yankees’ question is how much Lee and agent Darek Braunecker want for his left arm.

The losses weren’t piddly. Down the Yankees went, 7-2, then 8-0, and 10-3, before the 6-1 kill shot. They batted .201. Their ERA was 6.58.

“Free agency is when a player finally gets a choice, and I’m looking forward to that, and it’s gonna be a lot of fun,” Lee said. “But I definitely enjoy it here. Great group of guys. And it’s going to be a good team for several years to come. And I really wouldn’t mind being a part of that. But you never know what’s going to happen.”

Cashman came to the Rangers’ side to congratulate Daniels and manager Ron Washington. It was a simple, classy gesture, the sort for which Cashman is known. A big checkbook surely isn’t all he wields. It is, however, what defines him this time of year, and when the Yankees don’t measure up, he adds zeroes with impunity. The prize is Cliff Lee. The winner takes control of the AL. And no matter what Lee says with emotion and so much else coursing through him, that is the kind of game at which, unlike Friday night, the New York Yankees simply don’t lose.

GIRARDI SITUATION

Over the next three months, the Yankees will hammer out new contracts for Jeter, Mariano Rivera(notes) and manager Joe Girardi. They’ll do-si-do with Andy Pettitte(notes) and try to convince him to pitch one more season.

Because this one stings. The Yankees’ ALCS went something like this: no pitching, poor hitting and decision after boneheaded decision by Girardi, who nonetheless is “absolutely” returning, Cashman said.

Full article: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...sgamesix102310

ZAck Greinke obviously doesnt match up to Lee, but if his head is in the right place, he can strike anyone out and throw a shutout in any give night.

My guess would be Yankees throw Lee 4 years and 100 mill.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

paully i cant see lee at the yankees next year

he has said recently if the rangers win a ring it will have a huge influence on whether he stays with them and i think rangers will win the world series

i get the feeling that lee would really enjoy being so dominant against the yankees, i can imagine him not signing with them to continue to own them

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    paully i cant see lee at the yankees next year he has said recently if the rangers win a ring it will have a huge influence on whether he stays with them and i think rangers will win the world series i get the feeling that lee would really enjoy being so dominant against the yankees, i can imagine him not signing with them to continue to own them
    I agree. It does come down if they win this year or not, I'd say 80% chance he stays if they win, around 40% if they don't.

Greinke would be nice but will he end up like Burnett? A nutjob that falls apart whenever he gives up a couple of runs? A guy with no control whatsoever on his pitches after a few base hits?

hawley they will get a top notch starter for sure in the offseason, if it's Lee or not, it'll remain unknown for now. I think a rotation with 3 lefties on Yankee stadium would be interesting.

hawley

no doubt the management will spend the money and address the issues that have been exposed

not now until the NBA tips off now

Pauulzcappin

no doubt the management will spend the money and address the issues that have been exposed not now until the NBA tips off now
    I'm excited. I've been doing a lot of reading... might start a thread so you can make money off fading.

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post

I'm excited. I've been doing a lot of reading... might start a thread so you can make money off fading.
    did you play pre season at all?

Pauulzcappin

did you play pre season at all?
    yep, went 2-2

Magic has been money so far... I watched lakers and really liked the way steve blake played against warriors, probably a very good pick up

hawley

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post

yep, went 2-2

Magic has been money so far... I watched lakers and really liked the way steve blake played against warriors, probably a very good pick up
    the two rookies the lakers signed also look classy for 2nd round picks

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

easy to blame it on pitching
    but in reality the yankee batters are just as at fault