jakeandba
    jakeandba's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3709

wow Rangers have come a long way

I remember since i was a young boy following the Rangers. Dad is from Dallas and always followed local teams. Being a Cowboy fan was a given but also was a Ranger fan.

Anyway as a boy I remember being overseas, since Dad was in the Air Force, reading the sports sections of papers state side. Anyway, every summer would always see the Rangers with records near or at 60 wins and 100 loses. Would think to myself if they could reverse that they would be in first place...of course in the 70's that never happened and they were always in the celler.

Anyway going thru the pain of pitchers like oil can Boyd pitching for them with Darrel Porter, and Pete Incaviglia playing for them in the field...

Finally finally they not only advance from the first post series win to the WORLD SERIES...i never thought i would see that in my life time.....always went to the ball park in Arlington to drink and see the sites, never to see them win...WOW

reminds of the Nickelback song Rockstar....b/c i feel like one with this win tonight

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

You must be as high as a kite. I know I'm going to be if the Giants can finish their series.

jakeandba

but for the game to end with ARod striking out looking,...IRONY

zjohnzzz
    zjohnzzz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12956

congrats to the rangers, there pitching sure came through

jakeandba

thanks come a long way from Oil Can Boyld etc...Wetteland was ace closer and he would have been great with this pitching staff...i wish i could buy the board a shot of their choice and then a long island tea as a chaser