The Yankees earned a 7-2 SU victory to push the series back to Texas.
Texas has one win until they make their first World Series apperance. Colby Lewis will get the call for the Rangers. Lewis pitched well in his last start against the Yankees. He gave up 2 runs off 6 hits walked 3 with 6 K's , but the pitch count was elevated after 5.2 innings at 102. The right-hander is 2-0 in his last 4 starts overall. His only problem is his ablity to pitch past the 5th inning without having a high pitch count. Texas has dropped 2 of his last 3 starts, but still has managed to hold a 2.30 ERA. Now that the Rangers are returning home Lewis has pitched much beeter in this atmosphere. He has a 7-4 record with an ERA of just 3.23. He also has held the Yankees to 3 runs or less in 3 of his last 4 in his career.

New York is on the verge of elimination from the World Series after they won it all last year. Phillip Hughs gets the start for the Yankees, in what could be their last stand. Hughs did not pitch well in his last starts against the Rangers allowing 7 runs off 10 hits in just 4 innings. It seemed strange as in his only 2 career starts against the Rangers, he shut them completely out allowing only 3 hits in both games. Now Hughs will get another chance to add one more game to this series. Hughs is 7-4 overall on the road but has a higher ERA of over 4.00. His last 3 games have been some of his best pitching int he play-offs. He is 1-1 in those games and the Yankees have won 2 of his last 3 starts. But I think the Yankees will fall short tonight. Even if the Rangers lose tonight they have their ace Cliff Lee waiting to close the door on thsi series, But there is also another option for the Rangers if they are within 2 innings of closing the series out it would not be heard of to put Lee in the game to close it out. The Giants/Phillies series could go as many as 2 more games, giving Lee the rest he would need to start Game 1 int he World Series. Texas will want to finish this series out and get ready for the big one. I'M DROPPING 2 DIMES ON THIS ONE! I hope it cashes

2* >>>>>>TEXAS RANGERS -103