H Gruber
    H Gruber's Avatar Become A Pro!

Props I like

Took a quick look at some props at thegreek and a few jumped out at me:

- SB's: Beltran +1 over Sizemore: +100
    This seemed like a misprint at first. Beltran had quad problems all last year, and stole 40+ the 2 previous years. Sizemore after a full healthy season stole 22 last year, and 15 the previous year.

-Runs: Damon +2 1/2 over Jimmy Rollins: -150
    This seems like a head scratcher too. Damon's 3 year avg for OBP is solidly in the .360's, whereas JRo's is in the .330's. I love Ryan Howard replacing Thome, and CBP is a great ballpark for runs, but they just don't match the barnstorming team Damon will have driving him in all day long.

- Wins: Brewers 81 1/2: -130
    This line just moved a game from 80 1/2 but I still like it. The Brewers were 81-81 last year, and now all their stud rookies will be a year wiser. Weeks, and Fielder are two of the best young offensive players in the game, and they're still anchored by the vets, Jenkins, Lee, and Clarke in the OF. Also, they should have a full year of Sheets, Davis (200 +K's last year!) and Capuano (18 Wins last year.) Add Turnbow, one of the best closers around and these guys will be in the wild card hunt until September.

I'll take another look before OD, but these jumped out at me.

presley177
    presley177's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sizemore has been quoted as wanting to be a 30-30 guy and Eric Wedge is going to give him the green light on the basepaths....I'd watch out on that one....but the Johnny Damon runs scored prop..well..that's just money in the bank.

H Gruber

You could be right, after all Grady will leadoff and Carlos will bat 3rd (maybe 2nd) which makes it more iffy. In the end we can only go by past performance (he did all that stealing from the 3 hole before) and I just think a healthy Carlos will open it up more on the basepaths than last year.

The 30-30 quote makes Grady more even more appealling for my fantasy team though.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the safer bet is Sizemore. I doubt the Mets will "turn Beltran loose." The more a player makes $$ the less likely this is.

H Gruber

Update to the Beltran/Sizemore. NY Times reports that Beltran is fully healed from his quad injury and plans to run much more than last year. For what it's worth....