High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4146

Phils/Giants Thurs. Support your claim

For the moment, let's ignore the odds and discuss whether this is a coin flip, or whether you feel that the Giants or Phils have an edge in this game. I know there are a lot of posters citing the "the phils must win" and so they are going to make it happen theory, but doesn't this seem bogus, especially in baseball where it's more individual performance-based than other team sports? I think so. So the big question is whether you think Halladay, who has not been in high pressure situation for most of his career, can come through under-the-gun, on the road, and against a team that has proven he's mortal? Obviously, he's going to adjust his location-to-batter approach for guys like Ross, and so on paper it appears as though he'd have a slightly better edge over Giants batters this go-around...though if you minus Ross' two shots through the first five innings, Game 1's outing has a different feel. I guess some could argue that the Giants are facing Halladay for a second time and might be better adjusted to hit him, but I'd think this line of thinking doesn't apply to guys like Halladay and Lincecum, whose stuff is top notch. Hard to say...looking forward to thoughtful remarks

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

This one will not necessarily be won by the better team. It might be decided by one or two errors by either team. But I think the team with the momentum (Giants) will take this one by a 3-2 margin. Just my 2 cents.

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

A few things I am liking about the Giants (besides the usual pitching and hitting stats, which generally look good for the Giants): (1) Bochy's schooling Manuel, (2) nearly every Giant who played tonight contributed, and (3) there appears to be great chemistry among the castoffs and misfits that make up this team (they seem loose and they seem to be genuinely enjoying the ride).