ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Nationals in a squeaker tonight?

The Mets just got swept on a 2 game road stand against the Cubbies in Chicago. They've pitched ok, but their hitting has been horendus. They also have been struggling against right-handed starters this year as their record (2-7) shows. They're also 4-6 in road games, and their bullpen has been attrocious in those games, allowing 20 earned runs in just 29 IP. Their combined ERA is a total of 6.07. Johan Santana has only pitched once against the Nats in his career, and that was in June of 07, a decision that he lost. The Mets also swept the Nationals this year at Shea in their first series, which suggests to me that a loss is about to come soon in this matchup.

On the other hand, the Nationals are throwing Tim Redding tonight, who has pitched lights out as of late, and who holds a 1-0 record against the Mets with a 3.16 ERA, along with 2 no decisions. The Nats bats seemed to have come alive as of late as they scored 6 runs against the Braves relievers @ Turner Field last night. Their bullpen is a mediocre 4.76 in home games, which is a few points below their 4.35 era in all games. The stadium slightly favors pitchers. I wouldn't call it a pitchers park per se like RFK, or a hitters park like in Philadelphia. The weather will also be decently nice with temperatures in the mid 60's, and a light breeze blowing SSW at 5-7MPH. The RL is sitting at (+1.5 @ -105), and the ML is sitting around +180.

Any other thoughts/opinions greatly appreciated.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

If Johan pitches deep enough into the game, the Mets might not need their bullpen. Redding has pitched extremely well as of late, but can the Nationals offense get a couple runs and can the bullpen hold the lead? The Mets hitting has to show up sometime right? Their hitters are too talented to be in a slump for an extended period. That's my take on it. Good luck with whatever you decide to do Chute.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

nats/under

R3Sports
    R3Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Liking the Mets so far...

Being a Mets fan doesn't help.

ryanXL977
    ryanXL977's Avatar Become A Pro!

i did nats+185 for .5 untis

Spooky
    Spooky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jumping on board with a small play on the Nats.

Could easily be a 3-2 game either way.

Good Luck!

Clueless_Norway
    Clueless_Norway's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Mets... Johan was GREAT against the Phillies last game
    Think he'll take that into this game

JBC77
    JBC77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

I can't f!@# with that much chalk on the Mets. We all know once and a while those big dogs cash. Good luck to the risk takers on this one.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

The nationals will not win til they play the cubs and face 3-0 Ryan Dempster who I am fading out for a loss.