Masu485
    Masu485's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12813

Do managers not know how to deal with their Bullpens?

Even I know what is going to happen. When you bring in a reliever and he gives up a hit to the first batter, you replace him immediately, because HE WILL give up a hit to the next guy and the next guy until you replace him.

I write this as I watch my KC Royals let Indians tie the game up with this exact same BS. The reliever gave up a hit to the lead off guy, and YOU KNOW right from there, the next guy will get a hit etc... and it happens all the time like this.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been thru this many times when on a game. Why does everyone know it's time to pull a pitcher except the manager? I start to question the integrity of the game. When was the purpose of the game changed? Isn't the purpose of playing to win? Doesn't seem that way sometimes.

Masu485

and they still haven't pulled him. now they will give up the game as well. i just can't believe these people

Masu485

Quote Originally Posted by Mikail View Post
    I have been thru this many times when on a game. Why does everyone know it's time to pull a pitcher except the manager? I start to question the integrity of the game. When was the purpose of the game changed? Isn't the purpose of playing to win? Doesn't seem that way sometimes.
    At first maybe I thought there were some rules, or baseball traditions from the 1800s, telling you to keep the reliever in because of politeness or something.

Masu485

of course... after giving them 3 runs, he gives them a single, and 2 doubles in a row. now they are losing by 2.

and of course... they still leave him in the game... of course.

Mikail
    Fader of GOY'S
    Mikail's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Masu485 View Post
    At first maybe I thought there were some rules, or baseball traditions from the 1800s, telling you to keep the reliever in because of politeness or something.
    Yeah I tried to make sense of it all but there really isn't any logical explanation. It also aggravates me when they pull a starter who is pitching a gem in a close game just to put in some dipsh*t reliever who blows the save.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

There r many factors, I guess.. reliever confidence, game importance (in this case, not important at all), other bullpen readiness, reliever advantage for the next batters, etc...

Only people that have managed baseball teams can answer these questions, I think