austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talk to me about Wednesday Baseball

First leans to Pitt & Atlanta...

1. Mike Redman should not be in the majors.
    2. I don't think Dempster goes deep in this game, giving Pitt a legit shot

who else ya got?

austintx05

guess no one else like baseball here at sbr

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I haven't really looked at these two teams much this year to bet on them, but gl to you...I think the slow response is due to the fact it is midnight. Only us degenerates and drunks are up talking about gambling at this hour. (I happen to be both)

twtb19
    twtb19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

And by the way I am on these teams for tomorrow

Boston
    St. Louis
    Arizona

in no particular order....really like the Arizona play!

Boston just happens to be playing the coldest team in baseball and St. Louis is getting surprisingly good pitching and scoring enough to win. I think they get another one tomorrow.

The_Kid
    The_Kid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1930

Are you talking about Mark Redman?

austintx05

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    Are you talking about Mark Redman?
    yeah, sorry...

The_Kid

It's all good. Looking at the games tomorrow, I'm liking...

Boston
    Kansas City
    D'Backs

Dodgers offense is really struggling. Arizona is swinging the hot bat. You think I should take the RL?

dannyt76
    dannyt76's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Philly and KC tomorrow. Philly going for 10 in a row vs. the Mets and Yanks will be without Posada and Jeter tomorrow. Plus Grienke is coming off a very solid start.

dannyt76

Will look to add the Nation and the Dbacks once the lines are up on my book.

The_Kid

Jorge Posada will undergo an MRI on Wednesday due to weakness in his throwing shoulder.

Posada said his shoulder felt "dead," after the Royals went 4-for-4 stealing bases against him today. "I'm not 100 percent," he said. "I'm not helping the team out. It's just as simple as that." If Posada lands on the DL, Jose Molina will start and Chad Moeller will be called up to serve as a backup. Apr. 8 - 8:54 pm et
    Source: Newsday

Yeah, the Royals are looking like a pretty good play dannyt.

austintx05

yeah i like lester -128

dannyt76

Quote Originally Posted by The_Kid View Post
    Jorge Posada will undergo an MRI on Wednesday due to weakness in his throwing shoulder.

Posada said his shoulder felt "dead," after the Royals went 4-for-4 stealing bases against him today. "I'm not 100 percent," he said. "I'm not helping the team out. It's just as simple as that." If Posada lands on the DL, Jose Molina will start and Chad Moeller will be called up to serve as a backup. Apr. 8 - 8:54 pm et
    Source: Newsday

Yeah, the Royals are looking like a pretty good play dannyt.
    Yeah I'm hoping the Royals can stay hot and Kennedy has another bad outing.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm considering the under (9) in the Dodgers/D'Backs game. Kuroda and Owings both threw gems in their first starts of the season, on April 4.

Dodgers - Hiroki Kuroda - 7.0 IP - 1-0, 1.29 ERA, .43 WHIP
    D'Backs - Micah Owings - 6.2 IP - 1-0, 1.35 ERA, .60 WHIP

Both teams' bullpens are off to solid starts.

The Dodgers are having some serious trouble hitting the ball, especially on the road.

Thoughts?

dannyt76

Quote Originally Posted by regularguy View Post
    I'm considering the under (9) in the Dodgers/D'Backs game. Kuroda and Owings both threw gems in their first starts of the season, on April 4.

Dodgers - Hiroki Kuroda - 1-0, 1.29 ERA, .43 WHIP
    D'Backs - Micah Owings - 1-0, 1.35 ERA, .60 WHIP

Both teams' bullpens are off to solid starts.

The Dodgers are having some serious trouble hitting the ball, especially on the road.

Thoughts?
    My initial lean was on the under due to the solid pitching, but AZ has been swinging some hot bats and with Owings in the lineup there's extra pop coming from the pitcher's slot. I'm going to think about it some more since I could see the over hitting in this one.

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes. Arizona's hitting definitely the concern with that under play. Hmmmm.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I hate Wednesday's card. Might be passing altogether tomorrow.

My one possible play, as of now, would be LAD/D-Backs first five Under 5. Pena being used on back-to-back nights, Lyon's ineffectiveness thus far, and Broxton seeing action 2 of the last 3 games (likely unavailable tomorrow) are the reasons for taking the first five under in place of the full game under. Two strong bullpens, but neither are in great shape right now.

I was impressed with what I saw from Kuroda in the spring, as well as his first start of the regular season (granted it came at Petco), and Arizona's unfamiliarity with him should lead to a strong outing.

Owings was great down the stretch last season, as well as his opening outing to this season at Coors. He seems to have developed into an upper echelon pitcher in the NL and his success should carry over against a Dodgers' lineup that's getting nothing from Russell Martin and Andruw Jones right now.

The shadows could also come into play with the afternoon start, making it difficult for the hitters to pickup the ball. I look for a low-scoring game, at least until the bullpens get involved. I'm going to wait until the morning for a more detailed weather report, but first five innings under 5 would be my play.

Other leans: Braves -112, Marlins +126.

Good luck everyone.