2ForTheMoney
    2ForTheMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Twins clinched last night. Celebrating late last night. Is Cleveland a Lock?

So Twins got to celebrate winning the division last night. They may be too partied out for this afternoon game. Also might be resting some starters!!! What are yalls thoughts?

BM27
    BM27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

Yes, it is a must win game for cleveland. They won't let this game slip away like the last night.

2ForTheMoney

I agree, still can't believe they let the twins come back in the 8th last night!!

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Welcome to sports betting.
    There is no such thing as a "lock."

2ForTheMoney

I know that, I guess what I meant to say was "a solid bet"

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

What I put in the other thread...

"But the Twins (91-60) aren't just planning on kicking back and coasting into October. They are one game behind the New York Yankees (92-59) for the best record in baseball, which would bring with it homefield advantage throughout the AL playoffs."

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

that is what I was coming on here to say... the Twins are not finished. Just because a team clinches a division, the coveted home-field is something to fight for...
    I had heard from some goon that the Yanks were going to start benching tons of players... can't really do that when Home Field Throughout is on the line.
    Now it's time for the Twins to fine tune their playoff team, and go after this home field. Target Field in October will be the kiss of death for a team like the Yanks.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by 2ForTheMoney View Post
    I agree, still can't believe they let the twins come back in the 8th last night!!
    Let? Really? They Twins is at home, and they are leading their division. This means they are a damm good team. They do have that capability.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Haven't checked out the numbers but for a decent line I would take the Twins again for today. Good luck

syy211
    Yankees
    syy211's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like CLE

Gtawatson
    Gtawatson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees! Lets go yankees!

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

You can't bet Cleveland @-105.

I need at least +150.

Twins or no play

kiln
    Ezekiel 25:17
    kiln's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 436

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    I had heard from some goon that the Yanks were going to start benching tons of players... can't really do that when Home Field Throughout is on the line.

The "goon" you heard it from was Brian Cashman, the General Manager.

You’re trying to win a world championship,” general manager Brian Cashman said by phone Thursday. “If you win a World Series, no one’s going to remember if you won a division."

This story was run in about 100 newspapers on both coasts and was teased on SportsCenter.

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

I'm on Twins. Go Twins!

albo gator
    albo gator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Carrasco has been on fire for the Indians. Mauer is out for the Twins. A day game after a night game is a spot where Gardenhire will probably find the time to sit some other regulars too. I do like a small play on Cleveland here.

mdc144
    mdc144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 83

End first 1-0 Clev.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Quote Originally Posted by kiln View Post

The "goon" you heard it from was Brian Cashman, the General Manager.

You’re trying to win a world championship,” general manager Brian Cashman said by phone Thursday. “If you win a World Series, no one’s going to remember if you won a division."

This story was run in about 100 newspapers on both coasts and was teased on SportsCenter.
    misquote. The yanks are tied for the League lead. players will get some rest (posada and some shit pitchers), here and there... but no way you risk losing games of this magnitude.