imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

scoreless first inning thread for Saturday

stingyrivers started a phenomenon here.. Post what scoreless first innings you see.

This wager is fun, and so far quite profitable. Good Luclk gentleman

imgv94

Dodgers/Padres "NO"

I'm definitely going to be on this.. Penny and Peavy at Petco.. I'm curious to see what the odds are going to be on this.

stingyrivers
    stingyrivers's Avatar Become A Pro!

one possibility for tomorrow is KC/Minn

meche looked decent in Det and the got the o/u set at 8 which is low for an indoor AL game....

SD/LAD looks real solid gv.... my guess on the odds is gonna be something near -150 to -165 for 'no' the over under is a ridiculous 6.5

imgv94

Hope its not over -160.. that is pretty steep.

Kc/Minn is very interesting.. If I was going to play a YES I'd probably go with TB/NYY tomorrow. But I'm only focusing on "NO's"

Thanks stingy.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

looking forward to saturday myself my only scoreless play today nym/atl was a push because it rained out

lets tear this phenomenon up tommorrow

stingyrivers

what's up fellas.... another winning day for scoreless firsts....

i will post in a bit the career numbers for all the games on tomorrow's card before morning.... let's crank this up again today and turn out a bunch more winners

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

cool idea...

stingyrivers

ok guys... here are all the career 1st inning pitching stats for all the games currently on the board and all the listed pitchers....

for simplicity sake the way this is set-up is pitchers name career 1st innings pitched/total runs allowed.... if there is a second ratio listed with one inning pitched, it was their first start this year earlier this week..... after each game i make a note rating it as a scoreless first possibility, here they are:

NL GAMES-

SF/Mil

Correia 29 inn/24 runs

Parra 2 inn/0 runs

---- correia's numbers are bad, Parra too early to tell, SF is the MLB version of the Miami Heat, strongly advise a no play here

Hou/Chi(c)

Oswalt 209/74

Marquis 171/90

---- from what we have seen so far this season in results vs. history, these numbers are pretty decent and makes this game fairly solid

Phil/Cinn

Eaton 174/105

Harang 159/69 1/1 (first start this season)

----- on the fence here, decent past numbers, but harang gave one up earlier in week and cincy been scoring early lately, probably a no play as there are better options on the card

Wash/St L

Chico 31/14 1/1

Wainwright 32/19

----these numbers arent bad, could be a possibility, but again if looking for super solid plays other opportunities exist on the day, plus Chico gave up a first inning run already this week

Lad/SD

Penny 228/122 1/0

Peavy 172/78 1/0

----- these numbers are unbelievably good, and as expected this could be the most solid POD, one downside is i anticipate the juice being at least -150 here, but still probably worth the play at that price

Ariz/Colo

Webb 163/74 1/0

Francis 106/70

----- would like to play this one as Webb seems really solid, only scary thing is Rockies pitching has been a launching pad so far, and i watched the game yesterday and the ball was sailing outta coors, i mean stuff that looked like routine fly off the bat ended up 20 rows deep in the bleachers.... really unsure how to play this one

Pitt/Fla

Maholm 65/61

Hendrickson 135/90 1/0

----- these numbers overall are pisspoor and so are the teams involved, if anything playing a run in first probably the play here, but i am only playing scoreless innings, so pass

AL GAMES-

TB/NYY

Jackson 46/24

Pettite 393/175

----- these numbers aren't too bad at all, but who knows what to expect from pettite these days, plus Yanks are probably good and pissed that they get spanked yet again at home by the lowly Rays, so the intangibles make this one tough to pull the trigger on

Bos/Tor

Bucholz 3/1

Litsch 20/18

----- really too early to tell with Clay, and Litsch numbers are horrid, makes this one pretty easy to stay away from

KC/Minn

Meche 177/84 1/0

Hernandez 350/201 1/0

----- had my eye on this match-up earlier and the numbers here definitely seem to back it up as a solid play, probably will put this one on my card

Chi (w)/Det

Floyd 29/30

Willis 162/72

----- dont think i have to say much about this one, Tigers will errupt sometime soon, Willis is erractic and Floyd's numbers are a joke, easy no play

Clev/Oak

Sabathia 219/85 1/1

Eveland 6/6

----- probably have to stay away from this one, i like Sabathia, but his first start this season gave up early runs, and Eveland is a reliever now turning starter so far when we have seen that transition this season it has yeilded 1st inning runs, so no play here

Sea/Balt

Batista 217/157 1/0

Loewen 26/9

----- well i cashed with this one yesterday, and looks once again very solid for today so probably will include this as a play, Batista kinda concerns me but didnt have early jams in first start this year

Tex/LAA

Millwood 315/170 1/0

Weaver 47/12 1/1

----- cashed with this one too yesterday, even though taking this game is scary with the stacked lineups, but the numbers seem really good for these hurlers, only worry is weaver's first start where he gave up 1 in the first, but career-wise he is very solid first inning pitcher, probably will have to play this one again and just deal with the nausea when vlad walks into the box

there they are.... all the games for the day, i think if we narrow it down and choose wisely, could have a great day, there are definitely at least 3 very solid plays here and scoreless first innings have been hitting at about 60% so far on the season, so we know around 8 or 9 of these games will cash, trick is missing the handful that dont.... GL all
    Last edited by stingyrivers; 04-05-08 at 02:42 AM.

imgv94

Man that is great stuff stingy.. Where do you get these stats from bro? They are AWESOME!!!!

After briefly looking at what you posted, I'm considering Cle/Oak..

stingyrivers

Thanks man, yeah i am about as suped about these plays as i was with ML Parlays in Hoops, so i am really trying to work out a solid system eventually with these...

I used www.baseball-reference.com got it all broken down in their splits.....

i would really like to cross-reference the pitching numbers with the first 4 batters in the opponents line-up for the next day career vs. opposing starter.... adding that and i think we will be getting somewhere, but don't know how to find that easily yet

CashMoney
    CashMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

Alright fellsa...here's my plays for the day for No run 1st innings.

Hou/Chi
    LA/SD
    SEA/BALT
    METS/BRAVES

Looking for a clean sweep. GL today gents.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

None look absolutely great to me today. Just a little note for anyone on that HOU-CHI one ... the 'Stros have a history of getting to Marquis early in games & Wrigley is one of Roy O's worst parks record-wise to pitch-in although he has been fairly strong in 1st innings still ... although shaky vs. SD and fortunate not to have given up a run there.

Probably taking a shot in the dark with these:

TB/NYY +125
    ARI/COL -120

stingyrivers

my first 3 plays today will be:

Hou/Chi(c) 1.2 units

KC/Minn 1.2 units

Nym/Atl 2.4 units

be back with my late afternoon/evening plays later

** good info eaglesphan, i just told myself last night that i am going with the career numbers today no matter what, not doing that yesterday messed my day.....

let's get that clean sweep guys!!

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say KC/Minnesota and Washington/St Louis would be the best shots here. I think you should fade the hitters instead of playing pitchers.
    I dunno if I have the swinging set to play this type of bet because it seems awful dicey.
    Good luck you guys that found a system that works.

chinodeft26
    chinodeft26's Avatar Become A Pro!

the sd/lad game is -165

stingyrivers

yeah, i got a little gunshy based on eaglesphan's info and i added this hedge:

Hou leading after 1st 1.2 units

so in the first one i only have to sweat three outs in the bottom half with Oswalt on the hill

chinodeft26

chi/hou and kc/min

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

kc/min

stingyrivers

glad i hedged with houston, push on the first one.... i think BOT is got a great point that these hit at a much higher rate later in the day

stingyrivers

i locked in KC/Min 1.2 units at -120

savman
    savman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

ditto on kc/mn

stingyrivers

well KC went down 123.... all up to meche now

OLGC_Slayer
    OLGC_Slayer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OLGC_Slayer View Post
    I would say KC/Minnesota and Washington/St Louis would be the best shots here. I think you should fade the hitters instead of playing pitchers.
    I dunno if I have the swinging set to play this type of bet because it seems awful dicey.
    Good luck you guys that found a system that works.
    Dammit I should have played this....

Congrats to everyone on Minn/KC-it almost seemed like an easy call.

stingyrivers

nice hit guys.... and onto the 4pms

stingyrivers

man the juice on Lad/Sd makes it almost unplayable at -165 now

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

KC = Cha - Ching!

EaglesPhan36

I actually might take the YES for the LA/SD game. Penny hasn't been great always vs. SD. 50-50 in the last 6 starts scoring in the first when Peavy goes against LA. Mostly scoring done by SD.

stingyrivers

ouch.... already locked in SD/LAD.... a mistake pitch or sloppy play is really gonna hurt in that one with the silly juice

also as a crazy hedge play for it i lost my mind and took,

scoreless first in Chi (w)/Det at even money

EaglesPhan36

Heh. Well on the LA/SD one ... it could wind up being like KC/MIN ... the juice on that one was -150 at first pitch, so I passed and it cashed. I usually like to wait and see the lineups before I lock in.

imgv94

I'm locked in..

LAD/SD -165

If this wins, I'll probably quit betting sides and just mess with this.

EaglesPhan36

I'm going on the YES for +135 ... 3 of the first 4 LA batters have hit HRs off Peavy and the first two SD hitters have good #s vs. Penny. Might not hit, but the value is on YES for me. This probably means I just locked in the NO to hit for you guys. Speak of me kindly.

imgv94

That sucks Phan..

chinodeft26

i like cle/oak... i think cc will get back on track today

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

holy smokes the lad/sd line has changed -165
    i got in at -110